Thread: Mitt Romney OWNED by Florida Ron Paul Patriots

Mitt Romney OWNED by Florida Ron Paul Patriots

Build it and they will come. Or as we say in Ron Paul Meetups... Announce a RALLY and Ron Paul Patriots will come from MILES around!!

Story begins with me (in Orlando, Fl) getting a tip from another Ron Paul Meetup Organizer in Jacksonville, Fl. Mitt Romney is coming to Orlando, Fl. for an event called 'Ask Mitt Anything.' But there is one problem the event is scheduled for Weds. at 3pm. Now how many people do you think you could get to come out to a weekday event? Most people have to work so my hopes were not high.

But of course Ron Paul patriots have a rather unique view of life. Namely, if there is a meetup, and especially one where we have the chance to confront the so-called top tier candidate Mr.. Mittens--well I don't know about you but as the youth say... I'M DOWN!!!! And maybe the media will be there? OH YEAH!

Patriots came from Orlando, Oviedo, New Smyrna, Daytona, Deltona, and Cocoa, made incredible sacrifices to help. Yahoo! 24 or so strong. Kids too. Pictures will follow.

Patriots lined all available streets to the venue entrance. Each car that came in was reminded that Orlando is Ron Paul country! We were interviewed and filmed by AM-WDBO 580, Rolling Stone Magazine, CBS Channel 6 TV News, and Fox 35 TV News.

And finally Mitt Romney rode in the back of a gold colored Lincoln. I, dressed as George Washington, just happened to be standing at the main entrance as he drove up. I waved one hand and held a Ron Paul for president sign in another. He flashed his famous pearl white teeth smile and nodded.

All in all I would say it was a success. If you ever have the chance to come to a Ron Paul event, you better clear your calendar. Your gonna make history!

First media link: http://580wdbo.com/includes/news/ind...rk_150841.html

For Our Glorious Ron Paul REVOLUTION!

Nick Egoroff
    Orlando Ron Paul 2008 Organizer
    www.ronpaul2008.com/
    www.ronpaul.meetup.com/184
    (407)381-2744
    Last edited by pennycat; 08-15-2007 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Media Update!
    Nick Egoroff
    Orlando Ron Paul Meetup Organizer
    http://ronpaul.meetup.com/184/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

More details please! How many people were at the event? Did any of the RP supporters ask him something? If so, how did he respond?

That must have been exciting, great job!

Quote Originally Posted by paulaholic View Post
    More details please! How many people were at the event? Did any of the RP supporters ask him something? If so, how did he respond?

That must have been exciting, great job!
    About 24 people plus some kids waved signs out in front. In addition a couple of people made it inside. Typical boring questions and answers. No we weren't picked to ask questions.

Please see our original post for updated media links!

Nick
    Nick Egoroff

Poor Mitt is going to start having nightmares about Ron Paul supporters. Maybe after this is all over, his wife can tell us how many times he woke up chanting "Ron Paul, Freedom, Ron Paul, Liberty." Can't go anywhere without Paulites butting in!

Props to Florida Patriots!
    In your hearts, you know he's right.

Quote Originally Posted by pennycat View Post

And finally Mitt Romney rode in the back of a gold colored Lincoln. I, dressed as George Washington, just happened to be standing at the main entrance as he drove up. I waved one hand and held a Ron Paul for president sign in another. He flashed his famous pearl white teeth smile and nodded.
    Yeah, but did you have a Snowman there too? j/k

mitt got pwned, awesome.
    cant wait for the video

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    From the article link:

"He's got a beautiful wife and five sons. He's been married more than 38 years. Pretty much everybody else on the Republican side have had a couple marriages. I feel he's a better family values man. He lives it at home."
    Another place people don't know what they're dealing with I guess. I'll see your 38 years and 5 sons and raise you 50 years and 18 grandchildren!

Quote Originally Posted by jblosser View Post
    From the article link:

Another place people don't know what they're dealing with I guess. I'll see your 38 years and 5 sons and raise you 50 years and 18 grandchildren!
    Amen!

And Ron Paul would never put a dog on his car

Animal abuse is disgusting in this country.

To my knowledge none of the Paul family other than Ron have served in the military, but of course they don't support the interventionist complex like Mitt's family does, so they aren't hypocrites for it.

Ron was drafted but served the full course even after things ended.

We made it to the CBS affiliate local newscast. Very good interview with one of the organizers of this event.

I forgot to mention that our daily newspaper The Orlando Sentinel took pictures of us. Crosses fingers.

Guys, were gonna win this one! Work hard, love the meetup, it's happening!
    Nick Egoroff

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    Amen!

And Ron Paul would never put a dog on his car

Animal abuse is disgusting in this country.

Yes Mitt should be locked up for that one it never really made the MSM just the net. It was one of the most vile & cruel things I ever read. Someone needs to put him on the top of a car and leave him there for a cross country trip. If all Americans knew what he did to his dog they would hangem like they are Michael Vick.

Great work! Keep it up Nick!

THe bloggers seem to think it was rude to try to disrupt the event.

The event only drew about 500 people? That seems small, especially for Florida.

I got interviewed by Rolling Stone!

My mom and I were inteviewed by a reporter for Rolling Stone! I drove an hour and stood on the sunny side of the street with my mom. I chatted with the reporter for a few minutes. He was really nice and seemed like a "friendly"

I don't know if what I said will make it into a story but he said he will be on the campaign trail following the candidates. He said most reporters head right in to the events without reporting on anything else.

I am so glad I went to the event. It was really hot but... wow what a feeling. It was classic seeing Mitt's car drive by. The best part of the day for me was when I first got there. I had written all over my windows with window marker and was getting my signs out of the back when a guy said, "Hey... can I have a bumper sticker? I'm a Ron Paul fan... I'm trying to convert these two (pointing to his two young conservative friends) I gave him a t-shirt and a bumper sticker! Mitt has closet Ron Paul supporters... how great is that!

The only negative thing I saw was getting the stare down from the police but we were respectful. For anyone who said we crashed his event... I don't think so. I think it would have been disrespectful to go into the event and heckle. Simply showing that Ron Paul has grassroots support from people willing to stand in blistering heat was what we did.

I heard they were going to tow our cars but I think it was just puffing up. One old lady made the crazy symbol at us but other than that no one was ugly to us.

On the way home a car beeped at me and gave me a thumbs up... totally made my day.

It was a great event and a great way to meet other people from the area.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcbraithwaite7 View Post
    on the sunny side of the street
    Well, now I have a song stuck in my head. lol.

Congrats on the interview though! Everyone there did a geat job.

We made it to the CBS affiliate local newscast. Very good interview with one of the organizers of this event.

I forgot to mention that our daily newspaper The Orlando Sentinel took pictures of us. Crosses fingers.

Guys, were gonna win this one! Work hard, love the meetup, it's happening!
    Awesome job Nick! We need this shadowing at all the other candidate's events all the time.

I was inside Mitt's meeting and listened to his spiel. Unfortunately for Mitt, my family member, who was a supporter, that I went with got to hear Mitt say with his own mouth he wanted to crack down on freedom of speech (MySpace). The brain worms are working!

Also, the four people (two college girls from UCF and a baby boomer couple) sitting around me were doing some preliminary candidate investigating. They walked away with Ron Paul literature and commitments to Google him.

THe bloggers seem to think it was rude to try to disrupt the event.

The event only drew about 500 people? That seems small, especially for Florida.
    I did not see any disruption of the event. There were plenty of police around to handle any disruption. If the bloggers think a bunch of sign waving is disrupting then they are idiots. This is politics. The Ron Paul supporters appeared to be very orderly and polite.

Plus, I have no problem with anyone showing up at a Ron Paul event, standing across the street in a public forum of the sidewalk, exercising their 1st Amendment freedom of speech by waving a Hillary Clinton sign. No self-respecting American should have a problem with that.

On the way home a car beeped at me and gave me a thumbs up... totally made my day.
    Yeah that happened to me on the way to church last week. I know the feeling. . .

That lady sure was happy to see my RP sticker.
    Freedom is not popular and Ron Paul is losing. This must change. IT CAN CHANGE. There is still hope. There is still time.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...92#post1036992

You may hate me, but I only speak the truth. Think about it.

My mom and I were inteviewed by a reporter for Rolling Stone! I drove an hour and stood on the sunny side of the street with my mom. I chatted with the reporter for a few minutes. He was really nice and seemed like a "friendly"
    This guy?

Well we made Fox News in the Orlando media market. Click the link below to our local Fox affiliate. Yahooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pa...Y&pageId=1.1.1

And yes, that's me leading the RON PAUL Cheering section!!!!!!!!

Always remember that when the media is filming, be animated!
    Nick Egoroff

Well we made Fox News in the Orlando media market. Click the link below to our local Fox affiliate. Yahooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pa...Y&pageId=1.1.1

And yes, that's me leading the RON PAUL Cheering section!!!!!!!!

Always remember that when the media is filming, be animated!
    Thanks to you, RP was one of only three Republican candidates mentioned in the story. There were two good RP shouts by George Washington.

HAHA... man that story was awesome. That guy in the George Washington suit, he just said it perfectly. I love that they linked a ron paul sign in a romney article!

win.
    "I'd rather be alive and free." Rep. Ron Paul, June 13, 2007 to Stephen Colbert on The Colbert Report.

Quote Originally Posted by TexMac View Post
    This guy?
    Yep... that is him.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Awesome. That's Matt Taibbi. A great writer. I had a feeling that it was him. It'll be interesting to see what he writes.