Thread: Obama town hall to talk about police shootings (ABC, 8 pm ET)

Obama town hall to talk about police shootings (ABC, 8 pm ET)

President Obama to Participate in Town Hall on Race and Policing With David Muir

By ABC NEWS
    Jul 12, 2016

With the recent tragic events in Minneapolis, Baton Rouge and Dallas still fresh on the minds of Americans, President Obama is expected to participate in a Disney Media Networks town hall this week titled "The President and the People: A National Conversation."

The town hall will be moderated by "World News Tonight" anchor David Muir and held in Washington D.C. It will focus on candid discussions on race relations, justice, policing and equality by the members of the community. ESPN's Jemele Hill will join Muir.

The one-hour event will come just days after President Obama attended a Dallas memorial for five police officers shot dead last week by a sniper. It also comes after two black men were killed by officers in Louisiana and Minnesota -- controversial shootings that sparked a wave of protests.

"We turn on the TV or surf the internet, and we can watch positions harden and lines drawn and people retreat to their respective corners," Obama said today during the memorial. "We see all this, and it's hard not to think sometimes that the center won't hold. And that things might get worse. I understand. I understand how Americans are feeling. ... I'm here to say we must reject such despair. I'm here to insist that we are not as divided as we seem. And I know that because I know America."

The town hall is set to air Thursday at 8 p.m. ET and will be simulcast commercial-free on ABC, ESPN, Freeform, ABCNews.com, Freeform Digital, Watch ABC, Watch ESPN, Yahoo, ABC News’ Facebook page and YouTube channel as well as ABC Radio.

Disney is the parent company of ABC News.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/president-o...ry?id=40531818

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    someone needs to bring up the drug war as a root cause of all these problems but I'm pretty sure that is not going to happen.
    Last edited by jct74; 07-14-2016 at 06:32 PM.

There's no way in hell I'd tune in to this BS.

I'd rather stick a hot poker in my eyeball than listen to carefully scripted propaganda.

I think his propaganda show is going to be upstaged by the bloodbath in France.

The gentle giant wasn't high on crack when he shoved the indian shopkeeper around.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    There's no way in hell I'd tune in to this BS.

I'd rather stick a hot poker in my eyeball than listen to carefully scripted propaganda.
    If I were a younger man it might make an interesting drinking game. But, I'm not, so it wouldn't.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by RandallFan View Post
    The gentle giant wasn't high on crack when he shoved the indian shopkeeper around.
    Damn.

how does something as confused as this get posted here?.. and there are no obvious joke or sarc tags.?
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom