Thread: What will become of your meetup group?

What will become of your meetup group?

I read a good suggestion yesterday that we should try to maintain as many of our meetup groups as possible by turning them into Republican Liberty Caucus Meetups. I think its a very good idea. Then we would still have a group of political activists who could maintain an email listserv, meet semi-regularly and canvass for local freedom issues (local property tax and bond issues, campaign for state and local representatives who support smaller government, etc..) and could also coalesce behind larger national campaigns as well. I submitted my name to be notified if/when there are enough people to form a Republican Liberty Caucus Meetup in my area. Right now there are 4 of us on the list. I think we should all do this and try to recruit the other members of our Ron Paul meetups to do the same. The meetup groups have been a real strength of this campaign (along with this forum), hopefully we can keep most people together and involved.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Agreed and that is my plan as well (I have begun by introducing the RLC to them). I find it sad how many have fallen off the radar and have given up but I guess that's more normal that what we are doing. We'll just do the best we can with the help of those that are dedicated as we are.
    If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretence of taking care of them, they must become happy.
    Thomas Jefferson

Tired of Digg? Join Mixx and the Ron Paul group there.