Thread: Turkey launches ground operation in Iraq

Turkey launches ground operation in Iraq

Just saw this pop up on Yahoo's front page.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080222/...ea/turkey_iraq

"ISTANBUL, Turkey - Turkish troops launched a ground incursion across the border into Iraq in pursuit of Kurdish rebels, the military said Friday.

The ground operation started after Turkish warplanes and artillery bombed suspected rebel targets on Thursday, the military said on its Web site.

"After the successful bombing, a cross-border ground incursion backed by the Air Force started at 1900 (Noon EST)" on Thursday, it said.
    "

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The Neocons that said we needed to invade Iraq to protect the kurds, are now urging us to support Turkey's invasion of what is rightfully Kurdistan... Oh yeah, while at the same time the neocons are supporting the Kurdish attacks in Iran.

Insanity.
    You and I are told we must choose between a left or right, but I suggest there is no such thing as a left or right. There is only an up or down. Up to man's age-old dream -- the maximum of individual freedom consistent with order -- or down to the ant heap of totalitarianism."

- Ronald Reagan, 1964 speech supporting Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    The Neocons that said we needed to invade Iraq to protect the kurds, are now urging us to support Turkey's invasion of what is rightfully Kurdistan... Oh yeah, while at the same time the neocons are supporting the Kurdish attacks in Iran.

Insanity.
    As long as people get killed they are happy. Less people to rule over that way.
    Get Free Political Blogs about the best Candidate- Ron Paul or Email : you@ronpaulblogs.com

Fox News Conservative? - Download their 2008 Prez donations

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post

Insanity.
    LOL, yea...shows how smart our foreign policy is. I'm just amazed that some people still think it's good.

NEOCONS! You have been proven wrong! Give up your evil ways!

[IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulblogsdotcom View Post
    As long as people get killed they are happy. Less people to rule over that way.
    plus the military contracts

plus a perpetual war used to convince us to give up our inalienable rights

plus the ability to dictate policy to other countries

plus the dark emotional rush of being the cause of chaos and destruction
    You and I are told we must choose between a left or right, but I suggest there is no such thing as a left or right. There is only an up or down. Up to man's age-old dream -- the maximum of individual freedom consistent with order -- or down to the ant heap of totalitarianism."

- Ronald Reagan, 1964 speech supporting Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by LandonCook View Post
    NEOCONS! You have been proven wrong! Give up your evil ways!

[IMG]
    I think I am gonna change my name to TerboLizard. Just so it is not confusing I will spell it "Turbolizard".
    Get Free Political Blogs about the best Candidate- Ron Paul or Email : you@ronpaulblogs.com

Fox News Conservative? - Download their 2008 Prez donations