Thread: Ron Paul Unplugged?

Ron Paul Unplugged?

Hey guys, I am new to the forum, so forgive me if this has already been mentioned.

I seem to recall that someone, somewhere mentioned having a massive boycott of all of the news channels that have screwed Ron Paul over by under-reporting or mis-representing him. This seems like a good idea to me. However, one person, or a scattered few people doing this wouldn't have much of an impact. I don't know much about making websites or getting the message out, but if any of you do, why not create a website, "www.ronpaulunplugged.com" for example, where people all get together and pledge to call their cable company on a certain day to ask to no longer receive service from a list of all the cable news channels that we decide on? And if those are part of a "basic" package then just say "I'm sorry then, if you can't give me a cable package that will not include those channels, I will just have to cancel my cable service with you altogether."

If we got even 100,000 people to cancel all at once their cable packages averaging even just $30/month, that is a loss of $3Million per MONTH, i.e. $36Million per year for the cable companies. Probably more, since most people are paying more for cable. I mean, how many people have donated to Ron Paul? And this wouldn't even cost you money. You'd be *saving* money (and probably improving your life by not watching so much TV!)

So, the idea would be to set up a website where people pledge to unplug from the channels in question and estimate how much less they will be paying their cable company per month if they do. On a certain date, if we have hit a pre-determined level of impact (say we estimate a $30Million loss for the cable companies, or a $60Million loss, or whatever we think would be significant to them), then we send an email out to everyone saying "OK, unplug!" If we don't get enough of a commitment, then we can just abandon the idea (unless people just want to do it anyway, but you are only pledging to definitely do it if everyone else does).

What do you guys think?

--Beau Branson

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That is a really good idea. It will be hard to find that many people willing to give up their precious cable though.

We could at least put up a website, send out some info, and see how many people sign up.

I think it would be pretty sad to trade freedom for cable.

I don't have cable. It isn't hard. I only watch netflix these days.