View Poll Results: Will you turn in your firearms?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 1.84%
  • No

154 94.48%
  • Don't know

6 3.68%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will you turn in your firearms?

Quote Originally Posted by NMCB3 View Post
    Your house catches on fire and while in the process of extinguishing it the noble fire department discovers your stash of 10,000 rounds of 7.62x 51 armor piercing ammo and your custom built M1A from Fulton Armory.
    I hate when that happens...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Its doubtful they would go door to door confiscating unconstitutionally banned weapons.
    They did after hurricane Katrina. And they didn't even bother to pass a law. Just sent the cops out door to door to snatch guns.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanEdwards View Post
    They did after hurricane Katrina. And they didn't even bother to pass a law. Just sent the cops out door to door to snatch guns.
    True, but there is a big difference between illegally seizing guns in parts of one city during extenuating circumstances and pulling it off on a nationwide level. Although they are capable of just about anything, its more likely that they would raid some high profile targets so as to scare your average Joe into capitulation. Keeping us in a constant state of fear works to their advantage.
    Last edited by NMCB3; 02-16-2008 at 11:04 PM.
    The original American patriots were those individuals brave enough to resist with force the oppressive power of King George. I accept the definition of patriotism as that effort to resist oppressive state power. The true patriot is motivated by a sense of responsibility, and out of self interest -- for himself, his family, and the future of his country -- to resist government abuse of power. He rejects the notion that patriotism means obedience to the state.

Congressman Ron Paul 5/22/07

Nope and I will get in the car with all of them and start driving to the nearest state that tells the feds to take a hike. That would probably be Montana or Wyoming from the state legislation the last couple years.
    He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself. Thomas Paine 1791

Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. Noah Webster 1787

Who wants to hold nullification conventions if this happens, everyone get elected to your state legislature? This could get interesting.
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by GK Chesterton
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rt. Hon. Edmund Burke
    Nothing is so fatal to religion as indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I have no weapons to turn in, I am disarmed, because I am law abiding.
    When they start collecting arms, I will start collecting them also.
    I am handy with tools, I'm a fabricator. I have a interestingly twisted mind. I'll make something from all the "junk" I collect. I will resist.
    Disarmed is not disabled.
    This $#@! is pissing me off.

Do you know of any "self-protection for tinkerer" type books? Preferably PDF format.

I have some blueprints for pistols that could be made in a machine shop, if I can find them.
    Follow my blog at http://tirelessagorist.blogspot.com/
    Current commentary from a libertarian/voluntaryist/agorist perspective.

Consistent Candidate - with Chainspell

Ron Paul Landslide by Jake Kellen - Constitution Mix

The vision of the helpful and protective state is the most pervasive and counter-productive ideology in the world today.

Quote Originally Posted by Physics View Post
    "Gee officer, I seemed to have sold all those "assault weapons" a couple of years back. No sir, you may not search my residence, and no, I don't know what those mounds of dirt are in the back yard. They most certainly aren't weapons caches, of that I'm sure. Oh yeah, I seemed to have misplaced my receipts... hmmm... I'm sorry officer, I'm not sure how I can be of further use. Now unless you have a warrant, sir, I'm going to have to ask you to leave my property."

If that doesn't convince them, well, MOLON LABE (you can try). The right to bear arms is the most worthy of causes to die for. What more worthy of a cause for which to die than that of freedom?
    its not the dying I worry about. its the living under them...

Quote Originally Posted by Physics View Post
    If that doesn't convince them, well, MOLON LABE (you can try). The right to bear arms is the most worthy of causes to die for. What more worthy of a cause for which to die than that of freedom?
    Roger that.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeTraveler View Post
    Do you know of any "self-protection for tinkerer" type books? Preferably PDF format.

I have some blueprints for pistols that could be made in a machine shop, if I can find them.
    when you find those blueprints can you send me them via private message please? PRETTY PLEASE!!!

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You might find these interesting.
    The Home Gunsmith.
    http://www.thehomegunsmith.com/

and this is good for manuals and training.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    You might find these interesting.
    The Home Gunsmith.

and this is good for manuals and training.
    Ah, this is the site where I found the download PDFs. Look around a bit, there are a number for sale, but also some great free downloads with full details.

http://www.thehomegunsmith.com/9mmPistol.shtml

That's a particularly good one.
    Follow my blog at http://tirelessagorist.blogspot.com/
    Current commentary from a libertarian/voluntaryist/agorist perspective.

Consistent Candidate - with Chainspell

Ron Paul Landslide by Jake Kellen - Constitution Mix

The vision of the helpful and protective state is the most pervasive and counter-productive ideology in the world today.

what guns?
    There would be no 1st without the 2nd!

"Audemus Jura Nostra Defendere"
    -Alabama State Motto

Barry Goldwater:

“I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.”

"Remember that a government big enough to give you everything you want is also big enough to take away everything you have.”

Its doubtful they would go door to door confiscating unconstitutionally banned weapons. Whats more likely is that after they pass unconstitutional legislation banning certain classes of weapons, they will require their sheep to turn them in. If a sheep refuses and is subsequently found in possession of these weapons he will be an instant felon. Just look to states such as CA and Mass for templates on how the deed will be carried out on a national level. Get pulled over for speeding and the gestapo officer finds a semi-auto handgun in your glove box, congratulations you are now a felon. Neighbors punk kid breaks into your house and steals your semi-auto shotgun, you know the one your dad gave you for Christmas.... felon. Your at the rifle range and some off duty government agent notices that you just inserted a fifteen round magazine into your 45 acp Springfield XD pistol instead of the "legal" ten rounder....felon. Your house catches on fire and while in the process of extinguishing it the noble fire department discovers your stash of 10,000 rounds of 7.62x 51 armor piercing ammo and your custom built M1A from Fulton Armory. They turn you in to the FEDS...you are now a felon..See how this works. So you either turn them in or bury them in a hole somewhere or otherwise stash them and hope the totalitarian government does not find them. Either way they are useless, welcome to the Police State. If you haven't noticed its already here.

Matters not.

The leviathan hands out felonies like candy now so being a felon is not a big deal. The only felons I would not trust are hotheads, crooks, and chesters but if WE give quarter and opportunities to the ex-cons of victimless non-crimes, we dispell this "you're a felon" power that the state wields.
    If this should be, our final stand,
    we will stand together with pride
    We will honour the past, and fight to the last,
    it will be a good way to die
    It matters not, if the cause is lost,
    and we can not stop the tide
    We will fight to the end, and then fight again,
    it will be a good way to die

Angry When They attempt Civilian Disarmament

Shoot them.
    First the "Elected Officials" who wrote the laws, then the officials that voted for the laws to be passed.
    Then the person who signed the laws.
    Then those who would enforce the laws.
    Finally shoot those who wouldn't repeal those laws.
    There that should clear up the obvious misunderstanding of the 2nd Amendment. It might also remind those that might still be alive to take their sworn oath to defend The Constitution from ALL enemies Foreign and Domestic seriously.
    Not enemies of the government, but enemies of The Constitution.
    This by the way is an Opinion, not a threat.
    Hopefully opinions haven't been made illegal, yet.

Remember this, the idea is to pry their weapon from their cold dead hands, then give newly acquired weapon to those Patriots who dont have one, as to expedite the rapid acquisition of more weapons for more Patriots, from the cold dead hands of those who would foolishly stand against the advancement of Liberty, Prosperity, and Peace.

Fishing accidents happen...

Quote Originally Posted by integrity View Post
    my guns will magically dissapear somewhere. mustve lost em when my canoe overturned in the lake last time I went fishing, same with all that gold and silver.....
    I know quite a few people who lost firearms in boating related mishaps...

Can you dig?
    Peacefully Engaged in Domestic Economic Terrorism Since 2004.

Audit Fort Knox so we will know how much Tungsten backs the FRN!

Quote Originally Posted by kyleAF View Post
    No, he says he will have an exception clause for ex-military. I'll be keeping mine. You could just "lose" yours in the meantime... get it off the records.

You'll be keeping yours unless you fall under the Veterns Disarmament Act. I'm sure that sham piece of legislation will just result in them taking weapons from any Vet they choose.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Folks in both England and Australia said they would never give up their guns, but they did. Most here in the US would also. Thing is the ones that don't will have to take a BUNCH down with them to impress the current Federal Government.

It is easy to sit behind a puter screen and say you would not, but think how much you will give up if you don't. Only what is left of your FREEDOM and the Freedom of any future generations here in the US.

Will I give mine up? Not willingly and NOT without a fight. Thing is I have already told my family this and they understand that I will most likely be killed. My instructions to them, do NOT mourne me, AVENGE ME!

This will not be my first rodeo, and hopefully it will NOT be my last. Besides there are LOTS of ways to take out the enemy that does not require guns. Guns for me are simply tools. I am the weapon they have to really worry about.

And NO I am not gonna delete my response or modify it as I am already on the list to be taken out. YES, there are lists for those of us to be either taken out or re-educated! People can say this is pure tin foil hat time, but for some of us who have done 'missions' for the government in the past know that some in government will do ANYTHING to maintain their so called power. This is coming from a retired LtCol that started out in special forces as an enlisted troop at 17 years of age. The fact that I can and WILL train folks how to resist tyranny is the reason I will be taken out.

New Orleans was just a training exercise to see who would and who would not do the work confiscating personal firearms and who would and who would not give them up. Ask folks down there who actually got theirs back in the same condition they left if they got them back at all!

Ron Paul is the LAST hope of a peaceful solution for this country's problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk45 View Post
    ...Ron Paul is the LAST hope of a peaceful solution for this country's problems.
    bump

I couldn't vote in the poll, because this scenario is not something I'm ready to consider.

Is it possible? ABSOLUTELY. Am I ready to make a decision like this? NO.

What I am ready to do is support groups like the GOA, the Second Amendment Foundation and others who truly understand the right to keep and bear arms. I suggest everyone else who loves freedom and believes in the Constitution do the same, so that we never have to make this choice.
    Last edited by sluggo; 02-28-2008 at 08:09 AM.

If it comes to this choice.

I will give them the part that comes out the end of the barrel. I suggest everyone get themselves a reloader & stock up on supply's because they will try to take your ammo instead of your gun.

Let him try.

Let the SCROTUS rule the 2nd Amendment does not mean what it says it means.

Maybe some of the doofusses that have been up GW's arse for past 8 years will wake the $#@! up.

It's going to take a fight to restore liberty to all or part of this country. This has always been the case, hope in the Paul campaign notwithstanding.

So let's get started, Worse is Better.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by sluggo View Post
    I couldn't vote in the poll, because this scenario is not something I'm ready to consider.

Is it possible? ABSOLUTELY. Am I ready to make a decision like this? NO.

What I am ready to do is support groups like the GOA, the Second Amendment Foundation and others who truly understand the right to keep and bear arms. I suggest everyone else who loves freedom and believes in the Constitution do the same, so that we never have to make this choice.
    What part of the 2nd Amendment do you not quite grasp or fully understand?

I would be MORE than willing to impart some wisdom in your direction so that you may comprehend the lay-words within the 2nd Amendment.

It says, to paraphrase, that the RIGHT of the PEOPLE (meaning you and I, not the Gov't) to KEEP (store them in your closet, have them ready to defend yourself, carry them in your glovebox, LOADED, etc) and BEAR arms (meaning that you have a right to bear arms = carry a gun = possess a weapon) shall NOT be INFRINGED
    (Definition of Infringe;
    1. To transgress or exceed the limits of; violate:
    2. To defeat; invalidate.
    3. go against, as of rules and laws; )
    Last edited by DarkLaw; 02-29-2008 at 01:45 AM.
    ten15 Designs
    T-shirts and Stuff.

This is my new t-shirt site - your place for the newest
    and most original Ron Paul shirts, 9/11 truth shirts, video gaming, humorous, and general political stuff.
    Spend two seconds checking out my new designs! I do custom orders, too!

- DarkLaw
    Police Officer

Its doubtful they would go door to door confiscating unconstitutionally banned weapons. Whats more likely is that after they pass unconstitutional legislation banning certain classes of weapons, they will require their sheep to turn them in. If a sheep refuses and is subsequently found in possession of these weapons he will be an instant felon. Just look to states such as CA and Mass for templates on how the deed will be carried out on a national level. Get pulled over for speeding and the gestapo officer finds a semi-auto handgun in your glove box, congratulations you are now a felon. Neighbors punk kid breaks into your house and steals your semi-auto shotgun, you know the one your dad gave you for Christmas.... felon. Your at the rifle range and some off duty government agent notices that you just inserted a fifteen round magazine into your 45 acp Springfield XD pistol instead of the "legal" ten rounder....felon. Your house catches on fire and while in the process of extinguishing it the noble fire department discovers your stash of 10,000 rounds of 7.62x 51 armor piercing ammo and your custom built M1A from Fulton Armory. They turn you in to the FEDS...you are now a felon..See how this works. So you either turn them in or bury them in a hole somewhere or otherwise stash them and hope the totalitarian government does not find them. Either way they are useless, welcome to the Police State. If you haven't noticed its already here.
    Unfortunatly this is how they will do it, they will demonize firearms owners, if they were to try and take them all initially then they would face millions of gun owners who are not going quietly.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLaw View Post
    What part of the 2nd Amendment do you not quite grasp or fully understand?

I would be MORE than willing to impart some wisdom in your direction so that you may comprehend the lay-words within the 2nd Amendment.

It says, to paraphrase, that the RIGHT of the PEOPLE (meaning you and I, not the Gov't) to KEEP (store them in your closet, have them ready to defend yourself, carry them in your glovebox, LOADED, etc) and BEAR arms (meaning that you have a right to bear arms = carry a gun = possess a weapon) shall NOT be INFRINGED
    (Definition of Infringe;
    1. To transgress or exceed the limits of; violate:
    2. To defeat; invalidate.
    3. go against, as of rules and laws; )
    I understand the 2nd Amendment very well, thank you very much. I'm not sure that YOU understood my post.

I think that this time is better used being pro-active in regards to Gun Rights, rather than worrying about confiscation. Do something constructive with your time.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I just watched the video on the cnn site of obama on guns. He says he supports my right to use a gun to hunt and fish. I don't really use a gun to fish, though I been known to carry while fishing. Obama really pisses me off. http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/pol...obama.guns.cnn
    Change we can believe in my ass!
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands curtailed, lest Rome become bankrupt, the mobs should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence."

Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106 BC-43 BC

If I had any firearms I wouldn't let them have them. I hate the idea of owning a gun (I'm a pacifist) but if that's my last defense against an abusive government I'd definitely use it.

Quote Originally Posted by TastyWheat View Post
    If I had any firearms I wouldn't let them have them. I hate the idea of owning a gun (I'm a pacifist) but if that's my last defense against an abusive government I'd definitely use it.
    if...if...if :-)

hopefully you're never in a situation where you wish you had a gun. Or maybe you'll get lucky and the criminal will be a pacifist too. nothing wrong with not looking for trouble, but why depend on someone else to take care of your safety?

Quote Originally Posted by dees2003 View Post
    Change we can believe in my ass!
    Seriously:

Obama disagreed. He backed federal legislation that would ban citizens from carrying weapons, except for law enforcement. He cited Texas as an example of a place where a law allowing people to carry weapons has "malfunctioned" because hundreds of people granted licenses had prior convictions.

"National legislation will prevent other states' flawed concealed-weapons laws from threatening the safety of Illinois residents," Obama said

http://www.icadp.org/page236.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast