Some background: I'm a junior in high school. Thats enough.

Anyways, two things happened. One good and one bad.

1) GREAT news: I take AP US History, and we were supposed to write an essay on Lincoln and slavery and how his actions that reflected his views. Luckily my teacher is awesome and acknowledges that there was a dark side to Lincoln.

I can say I pretty much ripped Abe a new one. My thesis was something along the lines of: While Lincoln may have changed his rhetoric, his motives were the same. He used the institution of slavery as a political tool to gain support for the war and to further centralize powers in the federal government.

I really didn't expect to do well, because I wrote only like 3 pages, while some of my friends wrote double that. Boy was I in for a surprise. Today, he said only one person got a perfect score of 15 on the essay. A 15 is like the best possible essay you can write and he only gives a couple out every year. He remembers every 15 he ever gives. So I was shocked and excited that I got that.

I have to admit though, all the prior research did really help me, and mentioning the economic influences really helped me get this grade. I'm actually reading Creature from Jekyll Island, and I used a piece of evidence from that in my essay.

2) BAD news:
I'm not kidding, my school had a non-violent coup today.
We learned 2nd period that our principal was "suspended" and we were flipping out because he was such an awesome guy.
The superintendent suspended him and made himself principal.

So 6th period, the entire school walked out of the building and stood in front of the administration office. A couple chants and speeches were made, then we went down to the football field, where we waited for the superintendent to explain what happened. He refused to tell us anything.

Apparently, our principal was suspended because he missed ONE meeting.
Bull****. It was because of a clash of personalities. Teachers even admitted it.

This is unbelievable. Hopefully things work out.