Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What One Book Do You Recommend?

Lightbulb What One Book Do You Recommend?

What one book do you think will make one "free" from the mental prisons most live in?

I'd recommend Vatican Assassins III -> http://megaupload.com/?d=FQS2UENZ

Eric Jon Phelps, the author, discusses in FINE detail (1800+ pages) the power of the Roman Catholic Church as well as the Jesuits in moving towards a single ruler, that being the Pope.

Here are some quotes the author includes:

“Dear brethren [the six Assistants of the Jesuit General], our weapons are of a quite different temper from those of the Caesars of all ages; and it will not be difficult for us to maneuver as to render ourselves masters of all the powers already so much weakened [by the Napoleonic Wars]. We need fear no lack of soldiers, only let us apply ourselves to recruiting them from all ranks, and from all nations, and drilling them into punctual service. But let us, at the same time, be vigilant, that no one may suspect our [conspiratorial] designs. . . . Ours be the knowledge of this great mystery [of iniquity]: as to others, let them hear us speak in parables, so that, having eyes, that they may not see, and having ears, they may not hear. . . . and let our labour be in earnest!

You well know that what we aim at is the empire of the world; but how are we to succeed, unless we have, everywhere, [Illuminati-controlled, Masonic] adepts who understand our language, which must yet remain unknown to others.” {14} [Emphasis added]

Aloysius Fortis, 1825
    20th Jesuit General, 1820-1829
    Spoken in Secret Council to his Assistants including:

Johannes Roothaan, 1825
    21st Jesuit General, 1829-1853, “The Rebuilder of the Jesuits” Secret Conference at Chieri
    The Jesuit Conspiracy: The Secret Plan of the Order

Every citizen, and every sojourner in this country, who is loyal to the Roman Catholic Church, is an enemy to our government, of necessity, for he yields his highest allegiance to the Pope of Rome, a foreign potentate, who has time and again anathematized every fundamental principle of our government. He has denounced liberty of conscience, freedom of speech and of press, freedom of worship and of teaching, as pestilent and damnable heresies; destructive to order, and to the peace and welfare of society. The highest dignitaries of this so called church have declared their purpose to make this a Roman Catholic country; but to do this it must be brought to the acceptance of the Pope of Rome as Christ’s vice-regent, or representative on earth, invested with all temporal and spiritual authority; above all kings, emperors, and civil rulers; the supreme judge and lawgiver, whose decisions are infallible and final. This would make him lord of the conscience and master of the actions of all men throughout his dominion, which is nothing less than the earth. These are his monstrous claims; and his priests, of all grades, including the wily Jesuits, are laboring night and day to make them good in this land of ours. . . .

Is there no danger when the Roman Hierarchy quarters its wily agents in the capital of our nation to exert their influence in shaping our laws, and in controlling Presidential appointments to the highest and most important offices? Is there not danger when all our politicians who aspire to national fame feel that in order to succeed they must truckle to Rome, and be submissive? Is there not danger when the capital of our nation has been captured by the wily Jesuit, and Washington is literally ‘in the lap of Rome?’ Go into any and all of the departments of our government and find seven elevenths of the government employees in several of them, abject slaves of the Pope, and tell me is there no danger? Go into all of our cities and larger towns and find our municipal governments in the hands of the faithful servants of this foreign despot, the Pope, and who are corruptly administering their affairs to enrich the church at the expense of the people, and tell me, is there no danger? Contemplate this alien and dangerous power in complete control of three-fourths of our newspapers and periodicals, and tell me, is there no danger? . . . It is clear that Rome is rapidly getting control of all the sources of power in the United States, both in civil and military affairs; that she is doing so in pursuance of a well considered and wisely laid plan, and for the very purpose of subverting our government” {10} [Emphasis added]

Thomas M. Harris,
    1897 Brigadier General, U.S. Army
    Rome’s Responsibility for the Assassination of Abraham Lincoln

“The secret of the Jesuits is that Loyola, their founder [who sought from the beginning to make Jerusalem the capital for his Order], and his cronies, adopted Machiavelli’s The Prince—a book wherein politics is completely divorced from morals—as their textbook. Everything Jesuit, including Fascism, is unavoidably Machiavellian.” {37} [Emphasis added]

Andrew Sinclair,
    1965 British Protestant Minister
    The Great Silence Conspiracy
    Last edited by DianaJ; 02-15-2008 at 02:00 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Whoa. Thats a longggggggggggggg book.

who Moved My Cheese?
    MOLON LABE

the end of america by naomi wolf, @ amazon, 8 bucks

Dune by Frank Herbert and The Earthsea Cycle by Ursula K Laguin.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

I second Dune, but my real recommendation is RULE BY SECRECY by Jim Marrs. Please do yourself a favor and buy that book!
    TRUTH IS TREASON IN THE EMPIRE OF LIES

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Thousands of men and women have come and gone here in our country's history, and except for the few, most go unnoticed and remain nameless in the pages of history, as I am sure I will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitt Romneys sideburns View Post
    Why the hell would I want friends? Most people I meet are idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Fields View Post
    Whoa. Thats a longggggggggggggg book.
    You may visit the authors site, http://www.vaticanassassins.org, as another option.

I'd recommend The Creature From Jekyll Island by Edward Griffin.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    //
    Last edited by Benaiah; 02-24-2008 at 11:35 AM.

I recommend Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. It is the single most essential work of fiction you can read.

Next to that, I'd say The Moon is a Harsh Mistress by Robert Heinlein.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenophage View Post
    I might have to take a look at that once I finish "Stranger in a Strange Land"
    Let me see if I get this right. We need to borrow $10 billion from China, and then we give it to Musharraf, who is a military dictator, who overthrew an elected government. And then we go to war, we lose all these lives promoting democracy in Iraq. I mean, what’s going on here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mffpkCH-PJw&

Capitalism and Freedom by Friedman, or Road to Serfdom by Hayek.

I recommend Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. It is the single most essential work of fiction you can read.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by 1836 View Post
    Capitalism and Freedom by Friedman, or Road to Serfdom by Hayek.
    +1

If you are trying to get someone to see how the Govt lies and media helps distort facts when they cant get what they want normally I recomend "Day of Deceit" as a well researched book on FDR and Pearl Harbor.

More recently "Confessions of an Economic Hitman"
    Get Free Political Blogs about the best Candidate- Ron Paul or Email : you@ronpaulblogs.com

Fox News Conservative? - Download their 2008 Prez donations

"The Republic" by Plato, specifically "The Allegory of the Cave" within the book.

Yep, I'm old skool kids.

Oh, another one with a military bend: "The Naked and the Dead" by Mailer.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I recently read "The Creature from Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin. Prior to reading it I felt I was pretty familiar with the money scam--I'd read "Debt Virus" and a few others--but The Creature really delves into the subject in great detail. It covers the financial history of the United States, the money sources behind wars, and a lot more. I've heard people say for a long time "American banks funded the Bolshevik Revolution" but only this well-sourced book really gets into how such a feat could have been and was done.

Everyone concerned about the dollar and the economy must read this book--unless you've already read it, you're sure to find a lot of clarity in this information, which the author does a great job of explaining in a very straightforward, easy-to-follow manner.

The back cover bears Dr. Paul's laudatory quote.

"the secret history of the American Empire" by john Perkins

"confessions of an economic hit man" by john perkins

"Common Sense" by Thomas Paine

One of my favorites as well...

The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot... it will blow your mind.

but I suspect the new favorite, coming out in April will be:

THE REVOLUTION: A MANIFESTO by Dr. Ronald Ernest Paul

I've heard he's authored a lot of things... Legislation comes to mind... speeches... other books...

And he's running for some office... I forget which one though.
    This space for rent.

yes Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged. Amazing.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
    - Margaret Mead

Excellent choice. Sometimes I wonder if it is fiction, or if Ayn Rand gave us a blueprint for moral people to exit from the power the looter/moocher government has over us.

Galt's Gulch is a metaphor. If we could find some way to set up a network where we could trade with each other using money 100% backed by gold or silver instead of using Federal Reserve fiat, we could hide from the men in black, in plain sight! It would be a "virtual" Galt's Gulch, as we would decouple from our debt-based monetary system and trade with each other using our own sound money, cashing in gold or silver from time to time to pay our taxes with Federal Reserve paper notes.

That way, like in Atlas Shrugged, when the empire collapses and the purchasing power of fiat went through the floor, we might have a chance to survive it as the trading network would be established...assuming of course, our medium of trade was still available..

Adjusting tinfoil hat...
    My Blog: http://gilliganscorner.wordpress.com/

Libertarians believe consenting adults have the right to do whatever they want except band together. - Emo Phillips

"Restoring the American Dream" by Robert Ringer

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by gilliganscorner View Post
    Excellent choice. Sometimes I wonder if it is fiction, or if Ayn Rand gave us a blueprint for moral people to exit from the power the looter/moocher government has over us.

Galt's Gulch is a metaphor. If we could find some way to set up a network where we could trade with each other using money 100% backed by gold or silver instead of using Federal Reserve fiat, we could hide from the men in black, in plain sight! It would be a "virtual" Galt's Gulch, as we would decouple from our debt-based monetary system and trade with each other using our own sound money, cashing in gold or silver from time to time to pay our taxes with Federal Reserve paper notes.

That way, like in Atlas Shrugged, when the empire collapses and the purchasing power of fiat went through the floor, we might have a chance to survive it as the trading network would be established...assuming of course, our medium of trade was still available..

Adjusting tinfoil hat...
    I've actually had this exact idea before. Interesting!

"This is John Galt Speaking"
    from "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand
    http://compuball.com/Inquisition/Ayn...ark_broken.htm

John Taylor Gatto

Especially his "The Underground History of American Education". This book describes how the American people were saddled with a Prussian model school system designed for mind and behavior control, essentially training a people to chain themselves using their minds. After a few generations of that, tyranny is child's play.

Oh, and the Bible
    Last edited by ruggedindividualist; 02-15-2008 at 07:47 AM. Reason: reminded by later posters!

Commit this to memory... exposing the Jesus Myth
    This space for rent.

Ayn Rand's "Hymn To Money"

Hi Folks,

One of the greatest (shorter than "This is John Galt speaking...") is Rand's observations of money. I repeat a few passages here, with my comments injected where appropriate:

So you think that money is the root of all evil. Have you ever asked what is the root of money? Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced, and there are men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must do so by trade, and give value for value. Money is not the tool of the moochers, who claim your product by tears, or of the looters, who take it from you by force. Money is made possible only by men who produce. Is this what you consider evil?
    How many of us have heard, "money is the root of all evil". I think this is a paraphrase of Timothy 6:10, who said,
    "For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."
    So it is incorrect.

Rand continues:

When you accept money in payment for your effort, you do so on the conviction that you will be able to exchange it for the products of the effort of others. It is neither the moochers nor the looters who give value to money. Neither an ocean of tears nor all the guns in the world can transform those pieces of paper in your wallet into bread you will need to survive tomorrow. Those pieces of paper, which should really be gold, are a token of honor - your claim upon the energy of the men who produce. Your wallet is your statement of hope that somewhere in the world around you there are men who will not default on the moral principle that is the root of money. Is this what you consider evil?
    We have often heard from economists that gold or sliver is a barbarous relic. This is garbage. The BIG difference between the two is:

• Gold and Silver cannot be produced out of thin air. Neither governments nor the banking system can create it at will, hence their constant attacks and demonetization laws on it.
    • We traded in gold and silver, because it was the free market that gave it value. You and I interacting in freedom decided what was to be used as money. Fiat was forced upon us by the government/banking cartel - at the point of a gun or by an ocean of tears.

Have you ever looked for the root of production? Take a look at an electric motor and dare tell yourself that it was created by the muscular effort of unthinking brutes. Try to grow a seed of wheat without the knowledge left to you by men who had to discover how to do it for the first time. Try to grow food by means of nothing but physical motions - and you'll learn that it is man's mind that is the root of all the goods produced and of all the wealth that has ever existed on earth.

But you say that money is made by the strong at the expense of the weak. What strength do you mean? It is not the strength of guns or muscles. Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think. Does it follow, then, that money made by the inventor of the motor is at the expense of others who invented nothing? Is money made by the intelligent at the expense of the fools? Or by the able, at the expense of the lazy? Money is made - before it can be looted or mooched - by the effort of every honest man, each to the extent of his ability. An honest man is one who knows that he can't consume more than he has produced.

Run for your life from anyone who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another - their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of the gun.
    God, she is good.

Then you see the rise of men of a double standard - men who live by force yet count on those who live by trade to create value to back their looted money - hitch-hikers of virtue. In a moral society these are criminals, and statues are written to protect you against them. But when a society establishes criminals-by-right and looters-by-law - men who use force to seize the wealth of disarmed victims - then money becomes its creator's avenger. Such looters believe it safe to rob defenseless men, once they've passed a law to disarm them. But their loot becomes the magnet for other looters who get it from them the way they've got it from you. Then the race gets under way, and the prize goes, not to the ablest at production, but to the most ruthless at brutality. When coercion is the standard, the murderer wins over the pickpocket. And then society vanishes in a spread of ruin and slaughter.
    Make no mistake. This is happening now.

Do you want to know whether that day is coming? Watch money. Money is the barometer of society's virtue. When you see that trading is done not by consent but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal not in goods but in favors - when you see that men get rich more easily by graft than by work, and your laws no longer protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - then you will know that your society is doomed. Gold is so noble a medium that it does not compete with guns and does not make terms with brutality. It will not permit a country to survive as half property, half loot.
    Gold and silver are the only assets that does not represent someone else's liability.

Whenever destroyers appear among men, they start by destroying gold money, for it is man's protection, and the base of a moral existence. Destroyers seize gold and leave to its owners a counterfeit pile of paper.
    The Federal Reserve. Or any Central Bank.

This kills all objective standards and delivers men into the arbitrary power of an arbitrary setter of values.
    Our government destroys the value of your money for their ends.

Gold is an objective value, an equivalent of wealth produced. Paper money is mortgage on wealth that does not exist, backed by guns aimed at those who are expected to produce. Paper money is a check drawn by legal looters upon an account which is not theirs: upon the virtue of the victims. Watch for the day when it bounces, marked: "account overdrawn".

When you have made evil the means of survival, do not expect men to remain good. Do not expect them to stay moral and to become fodder for the immoral. Do not expect them to produce when production is punished and looting rewarded. Do not ask who is destroying the world. You are.
    To the glory of mankind there was, for the first and only time in history, a country of money - and I have no higher, more reverent tribute to pay to America, for this means: a country of reason, justice, freedom, production, achievement. For the first time man's mind and money were set free, and there were no fortunes-by-conquest but only fortunes-by-work, and instead of swordsmen and slaves there appeared the real maker of wealth, the greatest worker, the highest type of human being - the self-made man - the American industrialist.
    Prior to the Federal Reserve, America created the greatest wealth the world has ever known and raised the standard of living of all higher than recorded history.

If you ask me to name the proudest distinction of Americans, I would choose - because it contains all the others - the fact that they were the people who created the phrase "to make money". No other language or nation has ever used this combination of words before; men have always thought of wealth as a static quantity - to be seized, begged, inherited, shared, looted, or obtained as a favor. Americans were the first to understand that wealth must be created. The phrase "to make money" holds the essence of morality.

Yet these were words for which the Americans were denounced by the rotten cultures of the looters' continents. Now the looters' credo has brought you to regard your proudest achievements as a hallmark of shame, your prosperity as guilt, your greatest men, the industrialists, as blackguards, and your magnificent factories as the product and property of muscular labor, the labor of whip-driven slaves, no better than the pyramids of Egypt. The rotter who simpers that he sees no difference between the power of gold and the power of the whip, ought to learn the difference on his own hide - as I think he will.

Until and unless you discover that money is the root of all good, you ask for your own destruction. When money ceases to be the tool by which men deal with one another, men become the tools of men. Blood, whips, and guns - or gold. Take your choice - there is no other - and your time is running out.
    Alan Greenspan (yes. THAT Alan Greenspan) understood this too. In 1966-67, he wrote an essay entitled "Gold and Economic Freedom":

In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation. There is no safe store of value. If there were, the government would have to make its holding illegal, as was done in the case of gold. If everyone decided, for example, to convert all his bank deposits to silver or copper or any other good, and thereafter declined to accept checks as payment for goods, bank deposits would lose their purchasing power and government-created bank credit would be worthless as a claim on goods. The financial policy of the welfare state requires that there be no way for the owners of wealth to protect themselves.

This is the shabby secret of the welfare statists' tirades against gold. Deficit spending is simply a scheme for the confiscation of wealth. Gold stands in the way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property rights. If one grasps this, one has no difficulty in understanding the statists' antagonism toward the gold standard.
    Irrelevant you say? He wrote it in 1966, so it is no longer valid? When asked by Ron Paul in 2002, if he still believed in what he wrote back then was still valid today, Greenspan responded, "I wouldn't change a word.". So what happened? This is the answer I wanted to see in his book.
    My Blog: http://gilliganscorner.wordpress.com/

Libertarians believe consenting adults have the right to do whatever they want except band together. - Emo Phillips

"Calculated Chaos: Institutional Threats to Peace and Human Survival", By Butler Shaffer
    http://www.amazon.com/Calculated-cha.../dp/0931290899

A very good review of the book.<IMHO>
    http://www.endervidualism.com/salon/books/shaffer.htm

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast