Thread: Tucker Carlson: RP the most genuine candidate

Tucker Carlson: RP the most genuine candidate

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=16685996

What's the Deal with Ron Paul?

Listen Now [7 min 58 sec] add to playlist

Ron Paul
    David Lienemann

Tucker Carlson says Ron Paul is libertarian to the core. Getty Images

The Bryant Park Project, November 28, 2007 Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul's got a rabid following, plenty of buzz, surprising endorsements and fundraising records, but his poll numbers keep him in the second tier.

Tucker Carlson, who has been following Paul for an article in the New Republic, describes Paul as being so deeply libertarian that he's uncomfortable telling his campaign staff what to do even choices as small as whether to turn down the heat in the campaign van.

Paul's platform includes support for getting troops out of Iraq and opposing both abortion and the income tax. But Carlson says it's the issue of the gold standard, and specifically distrust of the Federal Reserve, that fires his base.

"The single biggest applause that I heard in the Ron Paul speeches was 'The Constitution does not provide for a central bank,' " Carlson reports. "It sounds like a parody."

Carlson calls Paul the most genuine, unpretentious candidate he has ever covered. Carlson says he's also the most radical candidate in a long time. "Ron Paul really doesn't think the government should be in charge of your life in any way," he says. "He thinks every person ought to be free from government surveillance."

By extension, the writer continues, that means Paul thinks there should be no "government-sponsored safety net" a concept almost unimaginable to most voters. "I think if some of them thought that through, they would no longer be on Ron Paul's side," Carlson says.

On our blog, an open thread: What Ron Paul Believes

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Yeah, Tucker is a slimeball.

Once again he damns Dr. Paul with faint praise. Just like his "Brothel endorsement" scam, he appears to be complimenting RP while he carefully spotlights those issues and aspects of libertarian philosophy that would be the scariest for a public that has become dependent on the federal government for everything.

This is a typical MSM tactic, and one we will be dealing with forever.
    Just don't fall into the trap of trusting these smiling traitors.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.C. S. Lewis

this has to be old, i've read those exact words before
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Yeah I remember this happening awhile ago.

And Tucker isn't a slimeball. He's on Paul's side.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.

Tucker was the only guy who put us on the TV from the beginning. He was the only guy who gave us more than 30 second soundbites in the mainstream media. For that, we owe him a debt of gratitude.
    "For when our kids go off to battle, no one dare oppose the action, for that is seen as opposing them. The blood of our nation's youth, all too often, is spilt as if it can wipe away the policy sins of the Congress and the President."
    ~ Ron Paul
    November 23, 1998

You are here.

He's completely right, he's telling it exactly how it is.

A lot of Paul's leftist supporters who are here for purely antiwar/third party hope reasons really don't get the actually philosophy we are talking about. The very fact that so many here are like lost cattle about this march thing because The Leader Has Not Declared A Date should show that much.

But who knows, maybe this exposure will bring them to the light.
    Precinct Captain, Los Angeles
    Ron Paul Republican

The good Doctor's faith in the marketplace of ideas is being severely tested by this undertaking.

IMO Tucker is the typical libertarian, just like the people Ron has running his campaign.

NPR played it yesterday. Tucker could've been a real asset if he were a genuine supporter, but alas . . .

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyw24 View Post
    NPR played it yesterday. Tucker could've been a real asset if he were a genuine supporter, but alas . . .
    What do you mean? Tucker gave Ron Paul more interviews than any other newsperson, except maybe Alex Jones. He's always spoken favorably of Ron Paul, and said he was voting for him. As a journalist, he can't go out and campaign actively on the stump for him, so what more do you want? I'm sure his regular viewers wouldn't want to see a new Ron Paul interview every 3 days, so there's a limit on what Tucker could do.
    Support the Troops. End the War.

Quote Originally Posted by steph3n View Post
    IMO Tucker is the typical libertarian, just like the people Ron has running his campaign.
    I agree about Tucker being a libertarian now. What's great is that just 3 or 4 years ago he swore off libertarians and called them "crazy" on his show. Glad to see the message is spreading.

My bad. I did not realize he said he on air that he is voting for Ron Paul . I was upset about the hooker story which turned off many of my colleagues.

Yeah, he said he's voting for Ron Paul:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=We42ledn2rc

Tucker's story about the Nevada trip:

http://www.tnr.com/politics/story.ht...c-0a90f6d1fde0
    Support the Troops. End the War.

Did they pull or hide this article? I can't find it on the NPR website, only by the link above.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=16685996

Bruno:

I just tried the link again and it worked for me. Try it again.

theseus51:

I stand corrected. Thanks for posting the video.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyw24 View Post
    By extension, the writer continues, that means Paul thinks there should be no "government-sponsored safety net" a concept almost unimaginable to most voters. "I think if some of them thought that through, they would no longer be on Ron Paul's side," Carlson says.
    Well, if you think it through half-assed then you would change sides. "Safety nets" are unconstitutional at the federal level, but states can implement as many entitlement programs as they want.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Tucker is 100% correct. If 90% of Americans found out they were on their own to manage their own life and be responsible for their own actions they would $#@! their pants. Why do you think Obama is so popular? Can't pay your mortgage, we'll pay it. Can't pay for health care, we'll pay it. Don't want to work, we'll pay you. Most people in this country would willingly give up all of their freedoms if it meant someone else would take responsibility for them. by the time they realize they really don't want the government running their lives it will be too late.

Tucker is a big supporter of Ron Paul's... the problem is that he's got this kind of weird "I found him before any one else did..." mannerism when it comes to Dr. Paul. It's almost as if Tucker doesn't like the fact that RP's gone mainstream and as a result Tucker doesn't sound "intellectually unique" when he drops RP's name at Washington cocktail parties or whatever...

You know the type.... "I liked X (band, team, player, etc.) before anyone else did... and the bandwagoners don't really understand him/her/it..."