Thread: Anecdotal support in Ohio

Smile Anecdotal support in Ohio

Okay, obviously I'm biased, so take all of this with a grain of salt.

I'm from Ohio, old Taft Republican territory, and still have nearly all of my family there (two centuries worth now). Anecdotally, I keep getting stories from family members about people supporting Dr. Paul. Now, I've been preaching the Ron Paul Gospel for a LONG time now, so my family is used to it and most have had bumper stickers on their cars, etc., since last summer.

So, chatted with my youngest brother earlier this week. He works for a county government, has a bumper sticker on his truck, etc., and had converted a few friends there very early who knew me from when I was working for Dr. Paul (low hanging pickings) so he's been a topic of conversation early. Other co-workers have been asking my brother about him. And with increasing success, people have been coming over to our side. The latest was a guy who's been very skeptical (knowing only what he's heard on Hannity or something, I'm guessing). He kept asking my brother challenging questions on issues (the end of which was always the response, "yeah, well, that's what I think."). I think he finally converted the skeptic this week.

My Dad, who knows EVERYONE, has been a walking billboard for Dr. Paul (with two bumper stickers on his car--we've NEVER put ones on our cars previously). Enough said.

My Mom called tonight to tell me that one of the ladies in her bridge club (which hasn't seen a deck of cards in decades) is not only supporting Dr. Paul but was very vocal about it at their last "club" meeting. When other women raised questions, were dismissive, or anything negative, she just patiently explained everything ("that's because he only gets 30 seconds to answer but he understands that..").

Not in Ohio, but my housemate here is from Oregon and had a friend visiting last week. That friend has donated to Dr. Paul and was excited to ask me questions about him. He was especially interested in monetary policy and credited Dr. Paul with sparking the interest in the topic at all and particularly the Austrian school.
    My review of the For Liberty documentary:
    digg.com/d315eji
    (please Digg and post comments on the HuffPost site)

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Nicholas Sanchez on Bush's legacy, September 30, 2007.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
    That was inspiring!
    I try. And those can't be the only stories.
    digg.com/d315eji

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

This video will give you an idea of the place:

http://www.wlwt.com/video/14981507/index.html?taf=cin

Best place in the nation to raise kids. Not to gloat, by my Mom is a teacher at the featured school and it's a picture of the hair-covered niece of mine raising her hand at the end.
    digg.com/d315eji

What I don't understand is that, from what I can tell, Ron Paul is still "officially" doing as well in the primaries and polling as he was in early fall.

Despite the growth in donations and popularity, none of this has had any impact on voting results.

Makes me wonder....

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamC View Post
    What I don't understand is that, from what I can tell, Ron Paul is still "officially" doing as well in the primaries and polling as he was in early fall.

Despite the growth in donations and popularity, none of this has had any impact on voting results.

Makes me wonder....
    The official campaign staff hired early were hired to run an "educational" campaign and didn't have anyone there that knew how to win elections until Messrs. Tate and Elam.
    digg.com/d315eji

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley in DC View Post
    The official campaign staff hired early were hired to run an "educational" campaign and didn't have anyone there that knew how to win elections until Messrs. Tate and Elam.
    Too little too late eh?

How much more could have been accomplished if Ron Paul had one just one State outright?

Looks like where I live in Ohio... except we don't have quite as much traffic. We're a village. lol
    There's a surprising amount of support here.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.