Thread: lobbyist group for the constitution and freedom!?!?!?!

Cool lobbyist group for the constitution and freedom!?!?!?!

This is just an idea ... but basically there are Washington D.C. lobbyists for everything from tobacco, big oil, to animal rights...

How could our revolution start a lobbyist group for Freedom, Liberty, and The Constitution? How can we lobby our government to promote the message?

I think us so called "fringe freaks" need a lobbyist group. Is this a dumb idea? Just thinking ya'll ...
    Free Computer Tutorials and Tech News:
    http://www.groovypost.com

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    BRILLIANT idea but the one thing those "other" lobbyists have that we don't is CRAZY MONEY.

Here's the conversations that take place "My company will continue our support ($$) if you continue your *support* of our company."

How could we do that? "RP revolution supports you with money as long as you support freedom and prosperity?" As I think about this, that sounds like we would simply be bribing politicians to be honest.... and that's not good.

Any other suggestions?

We need a constituional anti-defamation league. Call out legislators and media people that say the constitution is not composed of actual words that have real meaning and real value to the American people. And of course those that vote against the constitution should be brought up on impeachment charges.

You mean like Downsize DC.org ?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by rice_classic View Post
    BRILLIANT idea but the one thing those "other" lobbyists have that we don't is CRAZY MONEY.

Here's the conversations that take place "My company will continue our support ($$) if you continue your *support* of our company."

How could we do that? "RP revolution supports you with money as long as you support freedom and prosperity?" As I think about this, that sounds like we would simply be bribing politicians to be honest.... and that's not good.

Any other suggestions?
    I guess how important is the money versus getting people to honestly commit? We have a revolution here! I would imagine between the hundreds of thousands of this revolution would volunteer at some point!

We could organize this via meetup groups yo!

So many people have yet to watch this video.

It doesn't have all the answers, but it's such a good start to finding them.

Well, the real problem is lobbyists get what they want by buying people. That would be morally below our standards, against the constitution, and we simply don't have the money private interests do....

I would rather see the money go towards people who support RP ideas getting into office.

We are a lobby group, if you want to get and stay in office, obey the constitution.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcreps85 View Post
    Well, the real problem is lobbyists get what they want by buying people. That would be morally below our standards, against the constitution, and we simply don't have the money private interests do....
    I disagree with this only partially ,,, meaning ... lobbyists for certain companies and organizations (the larger they are) ... definitely have the MOST influence ... but a grassroots ... like we are ... should be able to turn the tide!

This is basically the purpose of the CATO institute but they're obviously pretty ineffective given the current state of things.

Liberty Coalition. I was one of the co-founders. It's a 501(c)(4). Good group.
    My review of the For Liberty documentary:
    digg.com/d315eji
    (please Digg and post comments on the HuffPost site)

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Nicholas Sanchez on Bush's legacy, September 30, 2007.