Thread: Research Data for Dates: Please help Dr. Paul Research.

Research Data for Dates: Please help Dr. Paul Research.

Dr. Paul on Alex Jones said that he will be researching dates in D.C. today.

Dr. Paul on Alex Jones said that part of his research will be listening to the concern of the grassroots (US).

Dr. Paul on Alex Jones mentioned two dates, Memorial Day and Independence Day.

Dr. Paul said in his marching video that the date for the march/rally would need to be soon, 3-4 months and before the convention in Sept.

So lets help Dr. Paul by compiling a list of concerns of dates during this time frame. This post is a survey of concerns about dates. Please take this survey and use the opportunity to express your concerns for the date.

1.) Please rank the month and comment.

a) March
    b) April
    c) May
    d) June
    e) July
    f) August

2.) Of the dates that have been floated, please rank the dates and comment.

a.) April 15th (tax day)
    b.) May 26th (memorial weekend)
    c.) June 21st (constitution went in to effect)
    d.) July 4th (independence day)

3.) If you have an idea of some other day or dates, please include here with comments.

4.) Additional comments or concerns regarding any other date.

Now that we have a basic understanding of why each individual thinks certain dates are important, we can begin to develop a consensus. Once we get a few comments and concerns, we will start ranking those as well. I will update the thread with that ranking as well.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    With out risking getting Flamed .... But at 2 am this morning there was so much research that went on.

Logistics in DC on a Holiday will be horrible.. room rates out the door.. and most will want to prepare for their expenses.

My .02
    ENFJ

1.) Please rank the month and comment.

a) March - 6
    b) April - 4
    c) May - 2
    d) June - 1
    e) July - 3
    f) August - 5

I think June is the best date because it falls within the time frame Dr. Paul originally suggested. I also like that there are basically no holiday's in June and it falls between Memorial Day and Independence day.

2.) Of the dates that have been floated, please rank the dates and comment.

a.) April 15th (tax day) - 4
    b.) May 26th (memorial weekend) - 2
    c.) June 21st (constitution went in to effect) - 1
    d.) July 4th (independence day) - 3

I think this date has the most symbolism to the message. Memorial Day many people will already have commitments, same as Independence day.

3.) If you have an idea of some other day or dates, please include here with comments.

I will go any day in June. I will go on Memorial Day. I won't go on the 4th although, I might be persuaded to change my mind. I hear DC is awesome on the 4th but it may overshadow the message.

4.) Additional comments or concerns regarding any other date.

No additional comments.

Hi,

For maximum numbers consider:
    College students need to be past finals
    People from west coast need time to plan and buy tickets (family of 5 traveling can't buy tickets 1-2 months out very easily)
    People traveling have children in school...that should be considered as well.

Do we want only the DC march, or as one suggested, should there be a second site on the west coast coordinated with screens for those who can't travel across country (plus, it includes more, downside...it diminishes the turnout potentially in DC rather than prompting people to travel to the nation's capitol)

Real ID implemented on May 11 needs to be considered for non-complaint states. If the date is after this, we need to be ready on the official site to have information on this including states affected, if it is being enforced, how...and maybe have those traveling wearing event t-shirts to draw attention if they are denied flying or unreasonably delayed.

Is it better on a Holiday, or not on a Holiday. Do we want to compete for attention when July 4th could be a problem as it might be discounted due to fireworks crowd. Same with dates near other rallys that others have thrown out (like Gay Pride week). We need the focus on this rally.

Some just posted Congress being in session during the March would be nice. Even if it is on a weekend, some would still be around during the weekend I guess.

Maybe add the 2 weekends prior to Memorial Day too...just a thought.
    Last edited by bj72; 02-12-2008 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FortWorth38 View Post
    With out risking getting Flamed .... But at 2 am this morning there was so much research that went on.

Logistics in DC on a Holiday will be horrible.. room rates out the door.. and most will want to prepare for their expenses.

My .02
    where is that research? at least link it up. right now it seems a hodge-podge. we need an organized way of presenting the sentiment of the grassroots. Otherwise, I feel its not really a consensus, just a mash up of opinions.

Summer hotel / travel rates = through the roof. Especially on July 4th!
    On July 4th, our events will easily be ignored by the media - even small papers.
    July is too late and too bad in my eyes.

Optimal time: May/June, not during the Gay Pride festival.
    Strength through Knowledge

"What's one more body in the foundations of your Utopia?"
    - This has been a message by Agent CSL.

June 21st. Constitution Day. Summer Solstice. School's Out. It's a Saturday. Too many things going for that day.
    ==R=O=N==P=A=U=L==

The lesser of two evils (insert your choice here - Obama or McCain) IS STILL EVIL. Just say NO to evil!

Live Free (or else you really don't live).

July 4th is totally out for reasons already stated.

Memorial day has some of the same negative aspects as July 4th, but not as intense. At least some people will still be off work, but not enough.

April 15th is the best date. Tax Day will help us keep the message clear and focused. We all know people are going to take the opportunity to air their own agendas anyway. This way, there is at least some attempt to narrow the focus.

Also, on Tax Day, the media is covering the deadline and the associated crowds. Even a small blurb in the media (and that's the most we're getting for any date, face it) will resonate more with people who have recently filed taxes.

Dates that have meaning mostly only within the R3VOLution won't help us reach as many people.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    imo taxes are only a very small part of the message. ron paul says when he has to make hard decisions he always goes back to the constitution. are we just concerned with high taxes or a whole list of things that dr paul talks about?

Quote Originally Posted by beachmaster View Post
    June 21st. Constitution Day. Summer Solstice. School's Out. It's a Saturday. Too many things going for that day.

As long as this is not too late, I think this is best!

My opinion - do NOT do this on a holiday - we want OUR march to be the primary event for these reasons (in order of importance):

1. Maximum media exposure
    2. Cheaper/less crowded travel
    3. Less chaos if we can schedule our event without interference from another event
    thegr8drronpaul
    Precinct Captain - MC0971

Please can we rule out April, guys? We need maximum turnout, and this month will not allow that!

Students in school, parents of kids in school, teachers, etc.

I know that we all would rearrange our schedules to be there, but if college kids have finals or are in school (and college kids represent a HUGE portion of supporter base) then we have to consider this!
    thegr8drronpaul
    Precinct Captain - MC0971

as silly as it sounds, a lot of people get married on memorial day weekend and that could cost us a decent amount of people. I like June 21, as suggested above.
    just leave me alone. stop taking my money to send my friends to Iraq, stop taking my money for crappy government agencies, stop taking my money to pay a cop to shoot drug users.

LATE MAY at earliest

This gets the college folks
    This gets the weather
    This gives us time to get there

Charter planes, busses and book out hotels!

Get travel agents!

Group rates are cool!!!

March April not enough time.

May/early june

July too late and it will be 91 degrees and humid beyond belief.

c) May
    d) June
    e) July
    b) April
    a) March

f) August

b.) May 26th (memorial weekend) - Perfect
    c.) June 21st (constitution went in to effect) -Too late
    d.) July 4th (independence day) - Too late
    a.) April 15th (tax day) - Too soon (before book release)

Here is my argument:

1. 3-day weekend will allow more to travel
    2. We all need to be waiving a copy of the Manifesto. It will be impossible for anyone to report on the march without mentioning the Manifesto if we all have it in hand. This will give people the means to find out exactly WHY we are all marching.

April 19th

It's on a Saturday. "The Shot heard round the world" Also it is the day of infamy - Waco. Don't think that the feds pick of that day was a coincidence.

March 19, 5th year anniversary of the Iraq war. I personally think that day would have the most impact.

It cannot be a holiday. We need a day to ourselves that is not already celebrated in Washington
    "No way could I be elected,
    because I'm not going to play the role of Santa Claus.
    I'm going to play the role of trying to tell people the truth."

- Ron Paul

Campaign For Liberty
    Free State Project

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.