Thread: ---Drive4Ronpaul.com National Vehicle Wrap Campaign ---URGERT!!!Need Final Artwork---

---Drive4Ronpaul.com National Vehicle Wrap Campaign ---URGERT!!!Need Final Artwork---

Just to give a quick summary, what we are doing is asking for volunteers who would like to get their car wrapped with a Ron Paul vinyl vehicle wrap. We currently have about 500 volunteers around the country, and are organizing the list based on demographics, driving time, cost to wrap car, etc. We are worrying about financing later.

We have spoken with installers in just about every region across the country, and we have about 10 wraps financed and ready to go out the door. All we are missing is a badass design. We have had some mediocre designs, but to do this nationally, we want something that really is going to capture everyone's attention.

For instructions on the technical specifications of a vehicle wrap, click here:

http://www.baekdal.com/articles/Fun/...sement-samples

*and*

http://drive4ronpaul.blogspot.com/20...help-with.html

If you need some high res images of Ron Paul, let us know. We have a couple good ones. Other ones can be found on flickr.

So here are some ideas we have received:

The following designs were done by Thomas Baekdal

Imagine a Fleet Of Ron Paul cars, trucks and vans parked and roaming strategically in high traffic areas 24/7 Until and on Election Day!

Don't forget to visit other sites and support other grassroots efforts. We are all on the same team!
    www.Drive4RonPaul.com

COPY AND PASTE.... Make this your signature too!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I drive a big ass 1994 GMC Yukon Diesel... I volunteer to have my truck wrapped, AND I'm driving it from Wisconsin to D.C. for the March!!!

---Drive4Ronpaul.com National Vehicle Wrap Campaign ---URGERT!!!Need Final Artwork---

Just to give a quick summary, what we are doing is asking for volunteers who would like to get their car wrapped with a Ron Paul vinyl vehicle wrap. We currently have about 500 volunteers around the country, and are organizing the list based on demographics, driving time, cost to wrap car, etc. We are worrying about financing later.

We have spoken with installers in just about every region across the country, and we have about 10 wraps financed and ready to go out the door. All we are missing is a badass design. We have had some mediocre designs, but to do this nationally, we want something that really is going to capture everyone's attention.

For instructions on the technical specifications of a vehicle wrap, click here:

http://www.baekdal.com/articles/Fun/...sement-samples

*and*

http://drive4ronpaul.blogspot.com/20...help-with.html

If you need some high res images of Ron Paul, let us know. We have a couple good ones. Other ones can be found on flickr.

So here are some ideas we have received:

The following designs were done by Thomas Baekdal

Imagine a Fleet Of Ron Paul cars, trucks and vans parked and roaming strategically in high traffic areas 24/7 Until and on Election Day!

Don't forget to visit other sites and support other grassroots efforts. We are all on the same team!
    www.Drive4RonPaul.com

Please have this one made up for a 1994 Yukon, send it to me, and I'll take it to my graphics shop and have it applied. (I work at a sign and graphics shop)

Honestly, this one is sweet, but I think we may want a tad bit more wording, and I think a picture of Ron Paul is crucial. Name recognition is what he lacks at the moment. If people see a badass design, combined with a face and some bullet points or a website, it gives them direction after they see it and also burns that in their mind.

That design was done by a guy named Thomas Baekdal. Check out this digg article:

http://www.baekdal.com/Design/Graphi...aul-car-wraps/

He says he isn't fully on board with Ron Paul yet and I have been in touch with him and he says he is extremely busy at the moment so we may have to go through other channels.

The main reason for showing those was more for inspiration for other artists. If we can get an artist to recreate it, that would be sweet. But these are low res versions, and the actually template we get over to the installers is a little bit trickier. Check out the tutorials I listed above.
    Last edited by alienpyro; 02-12-2008 at 09:31 AM.

www.Drive4RonPaul.com

Just bumpin and still lookin.

www.Drive4RonPaul.com

The Ron Paul 2008 Hope for America--5th from the bottom--is really cool.

It looks like you work for the campaign at a high level lol.

Very professional looking.

I love the idea. I think they need more wording also......The "RP Revolution" wording just isnt enough. Website definitely needs to be there. The first two look to be pretty good....maybe somewhere between the two.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you made a design for my black 2006 Mustang, I may consider it.
    Charles Gathers
    US Air Force Veteran, 2000 - 2006

All we need is a designer. If there is any possibility of getting this post or idea higher visibility in the forums, I would thank you guys. We are so close to getting this off the ground.

www.Drive4RonPaul.com

I would have loved to get my XB wrapped, but got server errors when I tried to volunteer. :-(

Repairing my Illustrator right now and seeing what I can churn out.
    Last edited by Korin; 02-12-2008 at 01:52 PM.

I need to put in some javascript, but I believe your error could have arisen from omitting an email. If that wasn't the case, what type of error did you receive?

www.Drive4RonPaul.com

I am sure I had all the fields filled out correctly.

----
    Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, support@supportwebsite.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
    ----

Got dragged off by the kids this afternoon. Nasty cold/flu going around and cant get much done.

Try resubmitting. I know that error has only came up in the past when the email address was not filled in, or when it wasn't properly formatted.

www.Drive4RonPaul.com

Quote Originally Posted by alienpyro View Post
    Honestly, this one is sweet, but I think we may want a tad bit more wording, and I think a picture of Ron Paul is crucial. Name recognition is what he lacks at the moment. If people see a badass design, combined with a face and some bullet points or a website, it gives them direction after they see it and also burns that in their mind.

That design was done by a guy named Thomas Baekdal. Check out this digg article:

http://www.baekdal.com/Design/Graphi...aul-car-wraps/

He says he isn't fully on board with Ron Paul yet and I have been in touch with him and he says he is extremely busy at the moment so we may have to go through other channels.

The main reason for showing those was more for inspiration for other artists. If we can get an artist to recreate it, that would be sweet. But these are low res versions, and the actually template we get over to the installers is a little bit trickier. Check out the tutorials I listed above.
    I signed up on the website... I'm the only person in Wisconsin it appears.... good for me on the odds of getting a wrap, not good for the campaign that I'm the only one that volunteered so far. As I said in my application, I work for a sign and design shop, but we don't have the time to design vehicle stuff... (we deal in $500,000 LED Monitors and such....) but we have the facilities to install the wraps. Get the design done for a fullsize K1500 1994 GMC Yukon, and send it on over, and I'll be driving around Milwaukee and Madison with a truck full of Ron Paul propaganda.

I must say, I wouldnt mind wrapping my truck in the Constitution... or the Declaration of Independence... This is going to be awesome...

This should have been done months ago by the way... but damn good idea anyway.
    Last edited by phoenixzorn; 02-13-2008 at 12:02 AM.

I agree with the months ago part. Vehicle wraps are the most cost effective form of advertising in terms of numbers of views per $1.

However, I was a slave to an employer months ago and now I am not

www.Drive4RonPaul.com

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by alienpyro View Post
    I agree with the months ago part. Vehicle wraps are the most cost effective form of advertising in terms of numbers of views per $1.

However, I was a slave to an employer months ago and now I am not
    You are really on to something here. Any plans to add GPS realtime tracking?

I'm mobilizing the Ron Paul Revolution into a collective Proservative effort, would love to have you on board.

http://www.proservative.us

Also, to add to your idea, how about this:
    Volunteering to "Drive 4 Ron Paul" on election days, allow for people to sign up if they need a ride, just pick people off, bring them to vote, drop them off. We need that type of action to get our voters to the polls.

Let's build the infrastructure for ride signup, car "registration", etc. This is the only way we can BE SURE our voters get to vote. If our votes are not made, nothing else matters.
    Tony Cinelli
    Founding Proservative®

The Proservative® Group
    "Protecting What it Means to be a True Conservative"
    Take our Prospective Member Quiz and Enter to Win a FREE Hardcover Book.

That probably wouldn't be feasible immediately, but it is definitely something to think about in the near future.

www.Drive4RonPaul.com

I like this one but make the text larger. Span it across the vehicle.

Ná bris reacht is ná déan reacht

"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."
    "Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor liberty to purchase power."
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin

DOWNLOAD PEERGUARDIAN! Block Government trackers!

BUMP for 2012 election!!! I want a vehicle wrap!

Wonder if this is coming up again?