Thread: Coordinated effort for brokered convention? Take down Mccain!

Coordinated effort for brokered convention? Take down Mccain!

I hear that huckabees army is open to the idea to work together to make sure Mccain does not get 51%.
    Are people here willing to work together with Huck's people, and Romney people to stop Mccaniac? In some states where it is obvious we can not win, maybe we just aim for the delegates in the caucuses, but when it comes to the popular vote maybe we vote for huckabee in the winner take all states? I expect to be flamed for this, but it might not be a bad strategy to try anyway we could for a brokered convention. Like RP said, anything can happen, and Underdogs like Abraham Lincoln walked in with very few delegates and won. So, maybe this is something to consider? Just a thought. I would appreciate some considerate feedback and analysis. I think this might be our only option.
    Last edited by syborius; 02-12-2008 at 02:40 AM. Reason: grammar

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Coexisting with them to take down McCain, yes. Working with them to get Huckabee more votes, no.
    Last edited by jrich4rpaul; 02-12-2008 at 02:46 AM.
    "No way could I be elected,
    because I'm not going to play the role of Santa Claus.
    I'm going to play the role of trying to tell people the truth."

- Ron Paul

Campaign For Liberty
    Free State Project

Quote Originally Posted by syborius View Post
    I hear that huckabees army is open to the idea to work together to make sure Mccain does not get 51%.
    Are people here willing to work together with Huck's people, and Romney people to stop Mccaniac? In some states where it is obvious we can not win, maybe we just aim for the delegates in the caucuses, but when it comes to the popular vote maybe we vote for huckabee in the winner take all states? I expect to be flamed for this, but it might not be a bad strategy to try anyway we could for a brokered convention. Like RP said, anything can happen, and Underdogs like Abraham Lincoln walked in with very few delegates and won. So, maybe this is something to consider? Just a thought. I would appreciate some considerate feedback and analysis. I think this might be our only option.
    No.
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtbombing View Post
    No.
    thank you for your thoughtful analysis
    maybe you have another way by which we can get into a brokered convention?

Quote Originally Posted by jrich4rpaul View Post
    Coexisting with them to take down McCain, yes. Working with them to get Huckabee more votes, no.
    I 2nd that.

Maybe McCain could end up disqualified?

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/citizenship.php

### from the State Dept website ###

7 FAM 1116.1-4 Not Included in the Meaning of "In the United States"

(TL:CON-64; 11-30-95)

a. {...}

b. {...}

c. Despite widespread popular belief, U.S. military installations abroad and U.S.
    diplomatic or consular facilities are not part of the United States within the meaning of the 14th Amendment. A child born on the premises of such a facility is not subject to the jurisdiction of the United States and does not acquire U.S. citizenship by reason of birth.

### from The Constitution of the United States, Article II Section 1 ###

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President

### from Wikipedia ###

McCain was born on August 29, 1936, at the Coco Solo Air Base in the
    then-American-controlled Panama Canal Zone[1] to Admiral John S. "Jack" McCain, Jr. (1911?1981) and Roberta (Wright) McCain (b. 1912).

Hmmm.. *scratching head*

whoa this is nuts...

can mccain flip flop his way out of this one?

Quote Originally Posted by patriotcalendar View Post
    Maybe McCain could end up disqualified?

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/citizenship.php

### from the State Dept website ###

7 FAM 1116.1-4 Not Included in the Meaning of "In the United States"

(TL:CON-64; 11-30-95)

a. {...}

b. {...}

c. Despite widespread popular belief, U.S. military installations abroad and U.S.
    diplomatic or consular facilities are not part of the United States within the meaning of the 14th Amendment. A child born on the premises of such a facility is not subject to the jurisdiction of the United States and does not acquire U.S. citizenship by reason of birth.

### from The Constitution of the United States, Article II Section 1 ###

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President

### from Wikipedia ###

McCain was born on August 29, 1936, at the Coco Solo Air Base in the
    then-American-controlled Panama Canal Zone[1] to Admiral John S. "Jack" McCain, Jr. (1911?1981) and Roberta (Wright) McCain (b. 1912).

Hmmm.. *scratching head*

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If you're for Ron Paul, vote for him. Learn about the Conventions. Google [your state] Republican Convention.