Thread: My suggestion for the next step of the rEVOLution, please get involved

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries

My suggestion for the next step of the rEVOLution, please get involved

Ok, its time to focus on the next step of our rEVOLution. I say this because the next step is the same regardless of whether Ron Paul is our next President or not. We need to start to lean on Congress to represent us, the people. Think of it as putting our Congressmen to the test of “what would Ron do”.

We each need to identify what Congressional District we are in and who our Congressman is.

We need to find our local Congressional District allies and organize.

We should build a Congressman’s Review website for each Congressman such as www.trentfranksreview.com

Then we need a method of reviewing each bill, or at least each significant bill, that comes to the floor and determining how we would like our Congressman to vote on said bill.

This is the part where we urge our Congressman to vote as a “Ron Paul Republican”. It is not necessary to use Ron Paul’s name, we simply need to hold the Congressman accountable to vote in the best interests of his constituents, his voters, his/her employers and not the lobbyists.

We have all been told to “write our Congressman” and share our opinions and this is our method of maximizing that point. We do it in an organized effort and track the results.

How we share opinions with our Congressman is open. We could use email, phone calls, petitions or snail mail. It might even be best to ask the Congressman his preferred method of contact. I would lean towards emails or petitions.

This does not have to be in opposition to the Congressman. Any good representative should welcome input from his constituents. The key is to do this in a way that encourages his/her cooperation.

After the Congressman votes on said bill, we update the Congressman’s Review website to grade his vote and give credit for good decisions and votes while admonishing bad votes.

This process will reward a good Congressman and build a case for his re-election and will also build a case for “throwing the bum out” if he does not vote with his constituents as his first priority.

I can get more detailed and build the first sample site for us to kick around and review.

What do you think?
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sounds great. Isn't there a site that lets you look at bills and who has sponsored them? We could put the link up for the site you want towards that one to check the bills.
    Even Ron Paul has vices:

"I'll admit to that...like today I had a big salad, and a chocolate chip cookie!"

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou337 View Post
    Sounds great. Isn't there a site that lets you look at bills and who has sponsored them? We could put the link up for the site you want towards that one to check the bills.
    I am sure that there is. What I want to do is find out how Ron would like to see his fellow Congressmen vote and then we will lean on each of our representatives to do the right thing. They need to know that we are watching and will hold them accountable.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    WTF, everyone here wants to talk about Rush, Hannity, MSM, Huckster...

Doesn't anyone want to fix this nation?
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    So I guess that's it. No one else wants to work on restoring our Republic?
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

We defintely need this.

I have been thinking about the need for such a thing for over a year now.
    There is www.govtrack.us where you can search and track everything.
    But what do we use as a watchdog mechanism.
    There are so many things voted on continuosly, which ones are important, which way SHOULD they vote.
    Maybe to start with we should latch onto an existing watchdog group that we can trust.
    I hope RP can give us some direction in the next few months.
    He should consider hiring some webtech geniuses to help his team develop this movement.

How do we get the general public (sheep) involved. without them thinking we're crazy?

Libertarians/paleoconservatives in New Hampshire have created an organization that does just that for New Hampshire, and it's working quite well already. http://www.nhliberty.org
    "I am a friend of the Free State Project!" -- Rep. Ron Paul

FreeStateProject.org

For on the ground information about the liberty movement in New Hampshire point your browser to www.RidleyReport.com