Thread: Silver/Gold Predictions for 08'

Silver/Gold Predictions for 08'

End of 2008 prices will be:

Silver $24/oz.
    Gold $1600/oz.

Come on what does everybody think....these prices will be at?

If I'm right send me an oz. at the end of the year.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michigan11 View Post
    End of 2008 prices will be:

Silver $24/oz.
    Gold $1600/oz.

Come on what does everybody think....these prices will be at?

If I'm right send me an oz. at the end of the year.

My Predictions
    Close December 31 2008

Silver 32.00
    Gold 1450.00
    "Poverty of the state exchequer causes an army to be maintained by contributions from a distance. Contributing to maintain an army at a distance causes the people to be impoverished."
    Sun Tzu

Restore The Republic.Org

PokeTheEye.ORG

$24 silver by the end of the year seems a little low. On a given day it can climb 50 cents or more.

So Far We think..

$24-32 Silver

$1450-1600 Gold

I think those predictions are on the high side, but only time will tell.
    The original American patriots were those individuals brave enough to resist with force the oppressive power of King George. I accept the definition of patriotism as that effort to resist oppressive state power. The true patriot is motivated by a sense of responsibility, and out of self interest -- for himself, his family, and the future of his country -- to resist government abuse of power. He rejects the notion that patriotism means obedience to the state.

Congressman Ron Paul 5/22/07

There are so many widely varying variables right now... depends on a lot of choices by the powers that be.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it that high, but that would not bode well at all for the rest of the economy worldwide, especially if the IMF goes forward with their big sale and the price still goes up... the banks would be soaking it up because they're scared ****less.
    "pledged is as pledged does" -- delegates, that is.

Ron Paul is MY President, no matter what the November election tells me.

I've chosen him as my de jure leader, and as long as he represents the message of freedom, he represents ME

I'd say gold will end the year at 945 an ounce and silver will end at 20 an ounce

Spot gold and silver at the end of the last few quarters:

6/30/07 $ 649 gold and $ 12.37 silver
    9/30/07 $ 743 gold and $ 13.73 silver
    12/31/07 $ 834 gold and $ 14.78 silver

So far halfway through this quarter gold is $ 926 and silver at $ 17.50. Silver has certainly been rising this quarter much faster, but when silver corrects it can certainly drop by $ 2 in one day as I have seen happen before.

Given the fed's continued rate cuts this year, and the government's rebate checks that amount to money created "out of thin air" my guess is at the end of the year gold will be at $ 1,250 and silver at $ 25.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    silver = an arm
    gold = a leg

no, seriously...

silver = $20-$22
    gold = $1050-$1200

Don't forget, its very easy for the central banks to force the prices down, which they've been doing for a long time.
    “The care of human life and happiness and not their destruction is the first and only legitimate object of good government.” – Thomas Jefferson

Gold over $1000 an ounce is something the powers to be will prevent at all cost IMO.

Gold over $1000 an ounce is something the powers to be will prevent at all cost IMO

Like the G7 deciding to dump a crapload of gold on the market right when it looked like we were headed to $950?

$24 silver by the end of the year seems a little low. On a given day it can climb 50 cents or more.

We had a pretty nice silver rally today even with the profit taking, I think it will drop a bit tomorrow with news that Polaroid will no longer produce film which is a significant industrial use.

It all depends on the election and who becomes president as to how the metals end the year I think. If Obama gets elected I think people will think of it as a new day for America and we may see prices drop a bit. if it's McCain and he's still looking like he wants to attack Iran [if we haven't already but i don't think we will because if we go in there I think a lot of people will see it as a Republican venture and turn out to make sure they lose the election] then i think people will see gloom and doom ahead and prices will go way up in November and December.

If Dr. Paul wins then I see prices going up a lot too because he wants to legalize gold as a competing currency and people will want to have it in their posession before he is sworn in and makes the switch further devaluing the dollar.

On top of that you have all kinds of geopolitical crap going on and Iran and OPEC ready to kill the petrodollar and Chavez threatening to cut oil shipments to the US. Then you have the recession and housing bust going on which will probably bring more interest rate cuts. Oil will be in peak demand again come summer time and crude will go back over $100. Gold backed funds are expected to go up 30% producing more demand.

There are way too many things signalling another really shaky year for the dollar so I'll say we see at least a 30% gain in metals for the year. I'll say $22 silver year end and $1100 gold but prices much higher than that at times during the year.