Thread: what would happen if McCain got the nomination BUT...

what would happen if McCain got the nomination BUT...

Ok, so say McCain gets all the bound delegates he needs and the convention is not going to be brokered.

And then a scandal hits him so hard that it's blatantly obvious he can not survive a general election. I'm talking, laughingstock status.

Does the GOP just roll with him anyway?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah
    ---
    "It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere."

- Voltaire

What are you implying?

And yeah...they'll roll with him off the edge of a cliff

The GOP can kiss my Republican registration goodbye after the elections, i am going Indy after this, more and more people i know have been doing it. This is not the Republican party i once knew. If McCain is the only one standing i know for a fact that he stands no chance against Obama, GOP is a laughing stock....

Quote Originally Posted by DAFTEK View Post
    The GOP can kiss my Republican registration goodbye after the elections, i am going Indy after this, more and more people i know have been doing it. This is not the Republican party i once knew. If McCain is the only one standing i know for a fact that he stands no chance against Obama, GOP is a laughing stock....
    What if we run another candidate in 2012 for the nomination? Please come back and help.
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by GK Chesterton
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rt. Hon. Edmund Burke
    Nothing is so fatal to religion as indifference.

There is a silver lining.

The economic collapse is mathematically inevitable. No mater what anyone does. I don't think President Paul could fix the tsunami of a century of bad economic policy is bringing on.

But by the time it hits, the new president will take the blame in the minds of the general population.

President Paul could not save us.

But the coming years will make him a prophet, not a perpetrator.

Brace for it. It won't be pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauliana View Post

The economic collapse is mathematically inevitable. No mater what anyone does. I don't think President Paul could fix the tsunami of a century of bad economic policy is bringing on.

But by the time it hits, the new president will take the blame in the minds of the general population.

QFT

And if Pauliana is saying this, I really need to stop trying to deny the inevitability and seriously prepare as much as possible.
    Courage ~ Strength ~ Integrity
    RON PAUL 2012
    ----------------------
    Visit Planet ToLive
    ----------------------
    It's Thirteen O'Clock
    ----------------------
    "I am surprised at the suddenness, as well as the greatness of this revolution. Is not the change we have seen astonishing? What man, two years ago, would have thought it possible?"
    - John Adams, July 3, 1776

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ok, just to clear up my initial question-

I am talking about between now and the convention. Not after.

Quote Originally Posted by ShowMeLiberty View Post
    QFT

And if Pauliana is saying this, I really need to stop trying to deny the inevitability and seriously prepare as much as possible.
    This may be a stupid question but what do we need to do in order to prepare? Is there a thread on this?

Pay off all the debts you can - especially credit cards and anything with an interest rate that can be jacked up.

Own as much gold (real money) as you can get your hands on.

Get to know local food growers. Plant a garden and learn how to feed yourself.

Think Great Depression. How would you have prepared for that?

Pay off all the debts you can - especially credit cards and anything with an interest rate that can be jacked up.

Own as much gold (real money) as you can get your hands on.

Get to know local food growers. Plant a garden and learn how to feed yourself.

Think Great Depression. How would you have prepared for that?
    Great. Im already looking at debt up to my ears thanks to college. Trying to get those paid down now.

How much time do you think we have?

McCain would release all of his delegates if the scandal were serious enough. This is our absolute best case scenario.
    We need immigrants in this country. What we don't need is politicians. Get rid of them! - Peter Schiff

Here is another example of a person that does not know Ron Paul's position. Dr. Paul clearly believes he could have fixed the economy in a couple of years. He has said so many times. An economic collapse may or may not occur, we just don't know. There is always someone predicting an ecoomic crash, the entire world is on a fiat money system now... even Dr. Paul never proposed going back to a gold standard.

Quote Originally Posted by No1ButPaul08 View Post
    McCain would release all of his delegates if the scandal were serious enough. This is our absolute best case scenario.
    Or a fatal heartattack.

Quote Originally Posted by JeNNiF00F00 View Post
    This may be a stupid question but what do we need to do in order to prepare? Is there a thread on this?
    yes.

BTW, we are fighting for the # 2 spot because McCain is not healthy and he could be medically disqualified, leaving the race to the runner up. Huck must go down. We don't need a televangelist to get in the way.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    McCain's practically at "laughing stock" status. Short of a serious infraction he'll stay the nominee. They don't care about winning anymore. Ron Paul is the obvious choice when the people are aching to get a REAL conservative in the White House. I'm still really disappointed that, for the good of the nation and the party, they won't show any support for Ron Paul because they'd pretty much have to admit to their bias.

split the party
    my blog http://www.libertyleak.com

and for your pleasure the intro to the Twilight Zone

YouTube - Twilight Zone Season 1 intro