Thread: I likely can't attend the national convention...

I likely can't attend the national convention...

Disclaimer: This might be a really stupid question.

It is likely I would not be able to attend to the national convention in Minnesota due to the date. Is there any reason for me to still try to be a delegate at the state convention here in Missouri in order to help with the Ron Paul influence?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Find out party rules for if you cant physically attend. Just call them up. Ims ure theres some sort of fallback plan they have.
    ------------Johann von Goethe------------

“None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free”

------------------------------------------------

Absolutely, you still need to go. Just because you can't go the national convention, does not mean that you can't vote for someone to go there. We need every single person possible at the state conventions.
    tu ne cede malis

Quote Originally Posted by Krippy View Post
    Absolutely, you still need to go. Just because you can't go the national convention, does not mean that you can't vote for someone to go there. We need every single person possible at the state conventions.
    Thanks. Yeah this really was obvious now that I think about. I checked out the "business" of the convention over at mogop.org:

-Election of our National Committeeman & National Committeewoman
    -Election of our At-large Delegates and Alternates to the Republican National -Convention
    -Ratification & Election of our Republican Presidential Electors
    -Adoption of the 2008 Missouri Republican Platform.

I definitely need to be there.

Indeed. You might be able to make some significant platform changes, as per Alaska.

Do you have any idea how many state convention delegates in MO are for Ron Paul?
    tu ne cede malis

Not yet because the delegates are not elected until the local caucuses on March 15. Even after that we still might not have any idea because just like in many other states, we can't be openly Ron Paul supporters at the caucuses.
    Last edited by 4RP08inKCMO; 02-10-2008 at 02:50 PM.