Thread: Caucus Results- I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Caucus Results- I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Okay, I will get to the results in a second, but first want to tell you the story of my experience at the caucus- this was the first one I've ever been to. My precinct was selecting one delgate and one alternate. For those who aren't familiar with the WA state process, half of our delegates to the national convention are selected through caucus. Those delegate are selected by first choosing delegates at the county level, who vote for delegates at the state level, who vote for the national delegates. This was the county caucus.

Okay, so it was set to start at 1 PM. I got there at 12:30 and was the only one there for my precinct. The PCO never showed up! I thought, "Great- I'll vote for me for Ron Paul and go home!" Unfortunately another guy showed up- eventually 7 total appeared for my precinct. When we signed up we were asked to list our name, address, and presidential preference (this preference listing is what will be tallied for the straw poll). In our group of 7 we had 2 for Paul, 2 for McCain, 2 for Huckabee and 1 Romney supporter.

We chose nominees for delegates- only 3 people were nominated for the 2 spots. Two were Huckabee supporters and myself, a Paul supporter. The first voting for the delegate was split evenly at 3-3 Paul and Hucakbee with one guy (a McCain supporter) undecided. The one lady who supported Hucakbee said she was no longer interested in being a delegate so it was just me and the other Hucakbee guy trying to convince the McCain dude to come over to our side.

We both made our cases and the McCain guy says, I want to vote for McCain. The person we selected as PCO- originally a ROmney supporter- tried to explain, no, we aren't voting for a candidate, we are voting for delegates. Two are nomianted- one says he will support Huckabee and the other says he will support Paul. The guy again insisted that he wanted to vote for McCain. Our PCO asked him if he wanted to be a delegate. No, I want to vote for McCain.

After 10 or 15 minutes of this the guy finally figured out what we were doing and how a caucus works. We again made our points but Ilost the guy when I said, "We are spending billions of dollars overseas that we need to spend here" He asked, "Where are we spending money overseas?" I said, Well, in Korea for example. We are defending S. Korea even though they have a GDP 25 times bigger than N. Korea.

So the guy says, "So are you saying we should just abandon Korea?" Apparantly I was a cut and runner from a war decided 55 years ago.

Never mind that, I said, getting back to Dr. Paul's consistent and proven track record of no tax increases, balanced budgets, freedom, etc. Finally the McCain guy, again prefacing his comments with, "I really think we ought to vote for McCain" said "I'm voting for Huckabee, he won't cut and run." We then recorded the results and he left.

Myself and the other Paul supporters were like, "I can't believe we lost a delegate because of that moron."

In the end, Huckabee got the delegate and Paul got me, the alternate.

Overall, most of the other people there hated McCain- in my dsitrict, it was very much Huckabee and Paul.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    sorry bro, but ya the sheeple are costing us the election

Welcome to 21st century America, where everyone knows what Britney Spears is doing but they have no idea where Washington, DC is on a map.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty John View Post
    So the guy says, "So are you saying we should just abandon Korea?" Apparantly I was a cut and runner from a war decided 55 years ago.
    Commies will come to America if we don't fight them in Korea, ldo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan. View Post
    Commies will come to America if we don't fight them in Korea, ldo.
    The commies are already entrenched in our system. North Korea has nothing to do with it. American voters have everything to do with it.

Alwys point to our bases in Germany and our naval bases in Italy...I mean, who are we defending them from?

Sounds like you did a good job defending your case about Paul - did everyone leave until it was you, the PCO, the guy you were against, and the moron? Or were all 7 guys there? Maybe your speech helped make a point in the Huckabee guys - I doubt they'll convert, but maybe they have a better view of Paul now, or would consider him if Huck dropped.

When's your state convention? If Huck is gone by then, there's a chance that you'll go anyway.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Next time you pick a place we don't need to be, say "Japan" or "Europe." No one will really argue with that. W/South Korea, people will mistakenly think that leaving it will mean giving up on defending ourselves from N. Korea.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
    —Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by tonyr1988 View Post
    Sounds like you did a good job defending your case about Paul - did everyone leave until it was you, the PCO, the guy you were against, and the moron? Or were all 7 guys there? Maybe your speech helped make a point in the Huckabee guys - I doubt they'll convert, but maybe they have a better view of Paul now, or would consider him if Huck dropped.

When's your state convention? If Huck is gone by then, there's a chance that you'll go anyway.
    The Huckabee people kept saying that he was the only one who had a chance of beating McCain- of the three that voted for Huckabee, one was a born again and the other two HATED McCain. The other Ron Paul supporter (the one with the NRA hat and "Don't Tread on Me" t-shirt) chimed in and tried to sway the other McCain dude. No luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Staupostek View Post
    Welcome to 21st century America, where everyone knows what Britney Spears is doing but they have no idea where Washington, DC is on a map.

Hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty John View Post
    Apparantly I was a cut and runner from a war decided 55 years ago.
    LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Staupostek View Post

Three cheers for the department of education!

Hooray! Hooray!

~X~

Other Ron Paul supporters who were first timers at the caucus said a lot of derison was directed their way by the old timers- smirking while they spoke, mocking them, ect. The good nees is everyone who was an old timer I spoke to said this was the largest turn-out they remember and most of it was due to Ron Paul supporters.

A simple,

"I will consider John McCain's positions when deciding where to place my vote at the county convention" might have won him over..

Never argue with an idiot
    they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphelion27 View Post
    A simple,

"I will consider John McCain's positions when deciding where to place my vote at the county convention" might have won him over..

Never argue with an idiot
    they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
    Yes, I was a moron- in speaking with brother-in-law who will be voting for Huckabee he told everyone that he'd vote for whomever had the best chance of winning. I should have taken that approach- but, this being my first time in this I thought logic and reason would trump "cut and run from Korea" man.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.