Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Washington GOP Caucus Results

Washington GOP Caucus Results

Caucus coverage - Join us for special online updates of the Washington caucuses on Saturday beginning at 1 p.m., Pacific.
    http://www.king5.com/

Also check here: http://www.politico.com/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Don't anticipate "aaccurate" results. We are electing delegates and there will be no "straw polls" taken.

I'm sure someone will post a count (Washington State HQ) of how we fare, and i'll link it if i find it. but count on all 3 delegates from my precinct to be in our camp.

there are about 180 precincts in my legislative district (a bit more than half without republican PCOs), 49 legislative districts in the state.

wish us luck, i need to shave and head to the caucus.

Quote Originally Posted by otero1 View Post

No where on that page is Ron Paul even mentioned... nevermind the results.
    YOU CAN TALK ABOUT IT ALL YOU WANT....ARE YOU GONNA DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT?

http://www.garrymyers.com/SUPPORT_OUR_TROOPS.pdf

DON'T LET THE MEDIA CHOOSE YOUR NEXT PRESIDENT!!!

R[ƎVO˩]UTION

"If RON doesn't get the nomination then SCREW THE GOP....WRITE IN RON PAUL”

They are saying a huge turnout in WA.

A couple of roads are closed due to avalanches.

I can only hope for positive results! Lets go Washington!!!

Where are the results? NY Times said results will come in by 4 pm EST. Right now it is 4:35 EST.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've heard

1st Huck

Tied 2nd RP/Romney

4th McCain

From 1 location in Clark County. Jemtegaard Middle School. He also says.. TONS of Dems were there (in another room at the school).

Keith

Online updates from Washington state caucuses

02:30 PM PST on Saturday, February 9, 2008

KING5.com staff and wire reports

2:30 p.m. NWCN reporter Wilson Chow sends in preliminary numbers from a straw poll conducted at Clark Co. GOP headquarters in Vancouver. The results are:

Huckabee: 33 votes, Paul: 28, McCain: 23, Romney: 16, Hunter: 3.

A caller from a Democratic caucus in Madison Park says particpants are favoring Obama.

2:25 p.m. : KING 5 reporter Linda Brill says Kentlake High School is "all over the map." She reports:

"We're talking to people who are for Mitt Romney – and who will try to be delegates for Mitt and who will not give up until the end. There's a lot of people in support of Huckabee and it seems those who are in support of McCain would pick Huckabee as a second choice. A small and dedicated group for Ron Paul. You just walk out of here and you don't know really what the consensus is - the only thing that is certain is the uncertainty – and the diversity of opinion."

Damn You Huckabee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, good for Huck. The plan right now is anyone but McCain.

**** huge turnout. This has been our #1 enemy all along.

Quote Originally Posted by mokkan88 View Post
    No, good for Huck. The plan right now is anyone but McCain.
    Yep, I'm hoping he has a comeback and evens out the playing field.

If it finishes like this this whole race is up in the air.

The people are at unrest. The GOP better get the clue quick. They are not going to have McCain shoved down our throats.

As they don't have enough problems take a look at this.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8398.html

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphelion27 View Post
    I've heard
    1st Huck
    Tied 2nd RP/Romney
    4th McCain
    From 1 location in Clark County. Jemtegaard Middle School. He also says.. TONS of Dems were there (in another room at the school).
    Keith
    If you're referring to the straw poll they had, this is incorrect (I just came from there). I wrote it down as it was announced, it was:

32: Huckabee
    22: Ron Paul
    12: Romney and Mccain (tied for last with 12 each)

If you're referring to delegates, I think that would still not make any sense--I don't know how Romney could have gotten that many delegates with only 12 people in the room supporting him.

My wife and I will be delegates to the county since we were the only ones in our precinct there (they had maybe 10 precincts all in same room). Another friend will be as well... I think we'll have a good Ron Paul showing at the county at least from our caucus. Given the above numbers, I would expect to see almost no support for McCain from our caucus.

For the particular caucus place Im at they said they had the largest turn out since 1952. Also, I volunteered to be precinct chairman, so I got to finalize all the paper work

Anyways, in my precinct 4 people showed up; 2 supporting McCain, 2 supporting Paul. We could elect 2 delegates to go to the district, and both the Paul supporters got elected because we were the only ones wanting to go to the county convention. The two McCain supporters signed up as alternates though.

"Elections are won by those who show up."

McCain coming in last in a few states will look good for us too. Shows McCain is not a shoo in yet.
    USE THIS SITE TO LINK ARTICLES FROM OLIGARCH MEDIA:http://archive.is/ STARVE THE BEAST.
    More Government = Less Freedom
    Communism never disappeared it only changed its name to Social Democrat
    Emotion and Logic mix like oil and water

Quote Originally Posted by Myerz View Post
    No where on that page is Ron Paul even mentioned... nevermind the results.
    Yeah what a load of crap. The main page has video links to obama, clit, and mccaca only.

Link to politico Washington map?
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."

Thomas Paine, 1778

District 35
    Precinct 216:

7 Romney
    5 Ron Paul
    3 McCain
    1 Huck
    6 Undecided

Why the hell are people voting for Mittens, are they idiots.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFTW08 View Post
    Yeah what a load of crap. The main page has video links to obama, clit, and mccaca only.
    LULZ Nice subtle humor. Imagine if they had Mierda Romney on there.

Quote Originally Posted by libertythor View Post
    LULZ Nice subtle humor. Imagine if they had Mierda Romney on there.
    I also like Twit Romney.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyBrews View Post
    Why the hell are people voting for Mittens, are they idiots.
    I guess the same reason we would vote for RP if he suspended.
    Thomas Jefferson
    3rd. President, Democrat
    Term of Office: January 20, 1777 to January 20, 1781
    'A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.'

- Thomas Jefferson

I wonder if anyone tried to sneek a snook up Hillary's snatch!!

Quote Originally Posted by hatefalseweight View Post
    Online updates from Washington state caucuses

02:30 PM PST on Saturday, February 9, 2008

KING5.com staff and wire reports

2:30 p.m. NWCN reporter Wilson Chow sends in preliminary numbers from a straw poll conducted at Clark Co. GOP headquarters in Vancouver. The results are:

Huckabee: 33 votes, Paul: 28, McCain: 23, Romney: 16, Hunter: 3.

A caller from a Democratic caucus in Madison Park says particpants are favoring Obama.

2:25 p.m. : KING 5 reporter Linda Brill says Kentlake High School is "all over the map." She reports:

"We're talking to people who are for Mitt Romney – and who will try to be delegates for Mitt and who will not give up until the end. There's a lot of people in support of Huckabee and it seems those who are in support of McCain would pick Huckabee as a second choice. A small and dedicated group for Ron Paul. You just walk out of here and you don't know really what the consensus is - the only thing that is certain is the uncertainty – and the diversity of opinion."

I was at this one. We would have taken the whole thing, except a handful of Romney supporters thought he had dropped out completely, and so they voted for Huckabee instead. Afterward, they realized that Romney was still in it and controlling his delegates, and they were kicking themselves for not voting for Romney.

Ah well...

One thing I learned - a lot of old people go to these things, and many of them don't actually have any principles other than they are generally "conservative." You know - the kind of conservative where if you have a good hair cut and believe that gay marraige is a horrible thing, then that's close enough. When it came to pick out the platform, there was a lot of people who were inconsistent.

The bottom line is that this would have been easy for Ron Paul people to absolutely dominate if they had shown up in larger numbers. I think Ron's email last night might have depressed turnout - but further than that, I think a lot of young people generally didn't show up in numbers that I thought they would.

It's true that an organized minority could absolutely take over.

Bump for links.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast