Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thank God, and finally. Now we can move forward seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by J Free View Post
    noztnac - You are a dangerous fool and a troll. There is no "third-party" anything.

You want people to waste their time contacting the campaign -- rather than contacting voters in their own precincts or organizing to take over their local GOP.

Why don't you STFU.
    You want Ron Paul to continue to the convention in order to rake in more cash for his congressional run. I think that's disingenuous and a slap in the face to the revolution.
    Ron Paul could win every single precinct in every single state and he would not be the nominee. Participating in the GOP at this stage is detrimental to the movement. We are only racking up more and more losses and securing the perception that we are fringe losers. I did not give money to the campaign just to secure a congressional seat for Ron Paul. He said something about his opponents laughing with glee. So he's basically admitting that the GOP are his opponents. He has the chance to bring them to grinding halt with a third party run. And yet there are people on this forum who are content with having spent over 20 million dollars to secure one lousy house seat for a party we don't even support. That's just insanity! It's time to break the GOP, not to subsidize them with one of our best.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley in DC View Post
    We have seen changes already: the ads are much better and the campaign started following up on the endorsements we'd been sending our way, etc. I do NOT have rose-colored glasses on and see it for what it is. No, no one has sprinkled pixie dust and made it all better.
    Actually, I would partially agree, but also partially disagree.

The recent set of ads are certainly CHEAPER than the $1.5M "He's catching on" fiasco.

And they are DEFINITELY more professional in quality.

But as far as being "effective" campaign ads... well, they fall short of the mark. Overall, the TV ads are somewhat depressing (if you pay attention to them), and they are blase, boring, typical, background noise (for those who are not "really" watching). In short, they still have no real "punch" to them, and were definitely NOT run by any focus groups or any other standard testing (I'm sure there wasn't time, as these were "rushed" replacement ads done on a tight budget).

The only one that is halfway decent is the most recent 1 minute Radio ad. That manages to be interesting, informative, and uplifting -- it makes you want to like the guy... if they wanted GOOD TV ads, they'd simply add some visuals to that.

Go compare them to Obama's ads some time. Those are not only CHEAP, Professional... but they are also uplifting, positive, and EFFECTIVE in making you LIKE the guy and WANT to vote for him (regardless of the fact that the "message" really doesn't say anything at all.)
    COMMON SENSE -- Get it, Use it, Share It: http://www.manofcommonsense.com

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.
    — Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley in DC View Post
    By the time you're reading this post, you would have read the email from Dr. Paul disavowing a third party run and announcing the slimming down of the official presidential campaign HQ.

Thank God, and finally. Now we can move forward seriously.

There have been no shortage of reasons for frustration. We're frustrated with the what's going on with the direction of the country and the world--that's why we're part of the rEVOLution and here in the first place. We're frustrated with the lack of more and better choices among political candidates. We're frustrated that for all of our hard work, time and money, we get so little attention from the MSM, so few votes, even fewer delegates to the national convention, etc.

Why was I happy when I read Dr. Paul's email? Because it's the slap in the face the rEVOLution needs to move forward in a serious way.

I know it didn't make me universally popular for saying so, but the official campaign staff has been the weak link in our chain. That is by far the nicest way to put it. Getting rid of the dead wood will now let us grow to our full potential. Because I've not wanted to air dirty laundry in public that would adversely affect Dr. Paul, I've not said what all of the DC metro area volunteers and supporters know about the arrogance and incompetence of the Arlington HQ staff. We are better off without them.

Now of course, we, the real campaign, the grassroots, are going to have to pick up the slack. No more excuses of deferring to the official campaign.

First off, no more delusions of electoral grandeur. Blog posts saying Dr. Paul has really won a majority of the delegates are a load of crap. Dr. Paul wouldn't put out that email if it were true. We weren't really winning. The official campaign staff dropped the ball and wasted millions of dollars. Apologists for them are the traitors to our movement. John McCain, while born in Panama, is a natural born citizen. The scientific polls are far from perfect, but they aren't biased against us--use them to our benefit to learn how to craft our message to win. The deceptions need to stop now.

A few of us are working on a state-by-state strategy based on an examination of the actual rules as they are--not as we can twist them the way we want them to be. The same goes for the RNC by-laws. That strategy is going to depend on working with Huck's Army and others to have the greatest effect derailing the McCain train. Politics ain't pretty; if you ain't got the stomach for it, get out of the kitchen (or something like that).

The McCain train is going to derail. I just hope it happens in time for us to make the difference we want it to make before he gets our party's nomination. Let's face it, Senator McCain is an honorable man in many ways who has served our country with distinction. He is also, however, a walking time bomb. His "mercurial" personality will doom his presidential aspirations. For these and other reasons, the Romney people are helping the Paul supporters openly at CPAC, etc. We've already cut deals to our mutual benefit with the Huckabee camp in West Virginia. This is how we win.

Is the road before us easy? No. Do we have our work cut out for us? Hell, yeah. Likelihood of success? How should I know? This is politics. For all I know some six year old Cuban kid will wash up on the Florida shore and that will be the galvanizing issue in the campaign deciding the other half of the votes for delegates.

What to do from here? Work our tails off--in a smart way. Hard-headed and realistic ways. If you want someone to sing you lullabies, tell you the failure-seeking official staff was really doing a great job and that we were on the road to victory, you deserve another bitch slap.

It was after McCain fired his dead weight that his campaign retooled and took off--all the way to presumptive nominee. No more delusions. Realistic, hard-headed thinking. We need to act now, together, to push the rEVOLution forward. Make everything we do count, not just for Ron Paul delegates to the national nominating convention but coupled with other candidates for office to help save our country. EDIT: Dr. Paul as already done so much as a Congressman, we need more of us!

Peace and love.
    For a guy who rants about "delusions" and "deceptions" you seem to be suffering a few yourself. Here's what Daniel McCarthy posted today on the official campaign blog:

A few news sources are misreporting Ron Paul’s e-mail from last night. The presidential campaign is not ending, not being suspended, and not even drawing down. It’s slimming down and ramping up — with over twenty states having already voted, we’ve shed staff, and we’re concentrating financial and organization resources on the remaining states. We’re going to the convention, and we’re fighting for every vote and every National Delegate along the way.

Republicans do not want John McCain to be their nominee. He has only been able to become the front-runner because the field was so divided and because he’s a media darling. We can see just how unpopular McCain is in the heartland by his performance in the Kansas caucuses today. Kansans resoundingly rejected the Arizona senator, and McCain’s big wins so far have mostly been in blue states — states he won’t win in November if, heaven forbid, he’s the Republican nominee.

Republicans want and need an alternative. Some people think Mike Huckabee provides an alternative to McCain. But Huckabee, who now tries to sound like Ron Paul when he talks about abolishing the IRS, raised taxes in Arkansas and vastly expanded spending in that state when he was its governor. Huckabee is no alternative at all. Ron Paul, on the other hand, has never voted for a tax increase, never voted for an unbalanced budget or for an unconstitutional war or government program.

At stake here is not just the Republican nomination — which McCain still has not locked up — but the future of the Republican Party and, much more importantly, the future of our liberties. We have to organize in every single state, including the ones that have already voted in the primaries and caucuses, to continue the fight to take back the Republican Party and to ensure that Ron Paul’s principles, the principles of Washington and Jefferson, prevail. For the sake of that cause, Ron Paul’s campaign continues, all the way to the convention.
    It seems to me that you read RP's email and saw what you wanted in it, which is that official campaign people are being purged, leaving a power vacuum that you have rushed toward.

I think you're wrong. All they have done is close offices in states where caucuses and primaries are over. Maybe you can still ride Elam's coattails into the campaign, but I doubt it. More likely you just jumped the shark. Ron Paul rewards loyalty as you should know.

What did you ever do with that petition you were plumping? Did it ever go anywhere or was it yet another waste of time? What about the DC delegate drive that had to be done at the last minute because you didn't get it done? What about that letter that you had people sign on google docs that never reached Ron Paul but went to Mark Elam instead?

I see a lot of talk and no action. And apparently this post full of hot air and self important rhetoric is so valuable that it has to be stickied. That's the sort of thing that makes me despair about this forum sometimes.

A lot of good has been accomplished here but a lot of time has been wasted with opportunistic projects that appear designed more for self aggrandizement than anything helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by TexMac View Post
    I think you're wrong. All they have done is close offices in states where caucuses and primaries are over. Maybe you can still ride Elam's coattails into the campaign, but I doubt it. More likely you just jumped the shark. Ron Paul rewards loyalty as you should know.
    It is true I've been working with Mr. Elam who has been loyal to Dr. Paul from before he accompanied Dr. Paul when he led the Texas delegation to the national convention in 1976 for Reagan--and you remind me of the Reagan's admonishment about liberals from A Time for Choosing, the problem is that you know so much that isn't true. But I guess if you're the gatekeeper of everything that Dr. Paul is allowed to read or not...
    My review of the For Liberty documentary:
    digg.com/d315eji
    (please Digg and post comments on the HuffPost site)

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Nicholas Sanchez on Bush's legacy, September 30, 2007.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TexMac View Post
    It seems to me that you read RP's email and saw what you wanted in it, which is that official campaign people are being purged, leaving a power vacuum that you have rushed toward.

What did you ever do with that petition you were plumping? Did it ever go anywhere or was it yet another waste of time? What about the DC delegate drive that had to be done at the last minute because you didn't get it done? What about that letter that you had people sign on google docs that never reached Ron Paul but went to Mark Elam instead?
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=117692

Paul's spokesman Jesse Benton said the national staff would likely be reduced from 150 to about 50, with those who worked in the Super Tuesday primaries in states such as California being let go.

"In addition, Benton said, he and other national staffers will transfer to Paul's congressional re-election operation....read the rest:
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewr...es/019317.html

And if you're proof that I'm disloyal is helping to put up a web petition wishing Ron and Carol well at the urging of Dr. Paul's Lake Jackson, Texas political machine with Lew Rockwell's people, then sure, by that definition, I'm disloyal.
    My review of the For Liberty documentary:
    digg.com/d315eji
    (please Digg and post comments on the HuffPost site)

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Nicholas Sanchez on Bush's legacy, September 30, 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by WRellim View Post
    No, just stating things that are FACTS (instead of delusions and dreams).
    No. You have no proof that Lew Rockwell wrote those letters. Lew has said he did not. Apparently, you have chosen to believe otherwise, which is your right, but don't come on here making unsubstantiated allegations and claiming they are facts.

At this stage, I prefer to reserve judgement about who and who is not correct on this score. No movement is perfect. It does not mean that the people are a bunch of idiots although idiots abound in all movements. It is integrity and honesty that are important. Give me an honest idiot any day to a slick businessman. One thing i do not want to see is one great schism between Grassroots and HQ. Bradley from DC, your post may be accurate but i have no way of verifying it and i would like to hear from Dr Paul himself whether he has confidence in his people or not. Until such time any splitting is schismatic and i have seen an organization completely destroyed because of it.

There is nothing more detrimental than a revolution within a revolution and it is a recipe for failure. It is a recipe for destruction. Bide your time and find out from more people what is going on.
    The world does not consist of a throng of geniuses. WilliamBanzai7

Forgive me for coming so late to this thread, but I felt compelled to comment on the following quote:

Quote Originally Posted by RockEnds View Post
    Alright, Bradley. No tears for the campaign.

If God himself got off his throne, descended from the heavens, trumpetted at my door, and announced that I was wasting my time trying to get Ron Paul into the Whitehouse, I would thank him for his concern and ask him to leave me to my business. I've wasted lots of time on far less noble causes.

Let's pump some enthusiasm back into this effort.
    I was stunned to read this, because it echoed an exact thought that had previously occurred to me. Thank you, RockEnds, for putting it to words, and far more eloquently than I was capable. The enthusiasm you express is the very backbone of this effort. However flawed this campaign, it is, indeed, sad that the enthusiasm of so many has waned and been derailed by far less momentous occurrences than the one you have envisioned. I am proud to be among those who will not, so easily, be dissuaded.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123