Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: --> the Official *Revolution March on D.C.* Thread <--

--> the Official *Revolution March on D.C.* Thread <--

Official website - http://www.revolutionmarch.com/

--->Ideas to get the word out<---

**Of course we cannot do this until we've decided on a specific date, so that should be our first priority obviously.**

1. Print flyer's to put up in your city / around town
    (I think this could be an easy "home project" that could boost this thing to the next level..)

2. Mass email
    (I don't know who's exactly in charge of the meetup group emails and what not, but if we could assign certain groups of people to be in charge of emailing supporters that could help a lot I think. Say, ever few weeks or so to keep people updated on what's going on)

3. Youtube videos
    (This one's a no-brainer and a great opportunity for you artistic video editing people out there to really shine. We could make some very nice videos for this monumental event, similar to the quality of the super bowl commercials. Make them viral!)

4. Blogs, diggs, forums, rest of Internet
    (If we really want 10,000+ Ron Paul supporters to attend this thing from all across the country, we need to seriously make this event known throughout the entire Internet. Keep people updated not only on this forum, but on other forums about the march. Again, we could assign a certain group of supporters to a certain forum as their "task" so to say)

5. Chip-in - Donations
    (Like previous people have stated, we're gonna need some money for this obviously. I'm sure we could raise MORE then enough if we really gave it our all. This could be HUGE for the campaign guys. Think of the media exposure, especially on the 4th of July if we chose that date? I personally already know it would be the most memorable 4th in my entire life)

6. Written letters, mailers, slim-jim handouts
    (I suppose this could be in the flyer's section, but we need to use every tool in our arsenal for this one guys! I'm thinking using the rebate money we get back in April to print slim-jims possibly?)

What do you guys think of the organization method of assigning certain people to do certain tasks? We could make a list of people's name's and their duties to spread the word. No matter how big or small, no help is ever wasted!

***Let's brainstorm!***

Sorry OP's of the other two threads, but I thought until we get our own Sub-forum, we should keep it all in one thread and people may get confused when they see two threads.<3

Official website - http://www.revolutionmarch.com/
    Last edited by scar; 02-08-2008 at 02:13 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I will fly out there.

We need to pick a date that works well with spring breakers.

If you're in college at the moment, please post your spring break dates in here.

I'll take work / school off to be there, the date of the march is doesn't matter too much to me, as long as it gives us enough time to promote promote promote. We could get hundreds of thousands if we really put out minds to this guys.

I'm in... screw the rest of you that don't wanna do jack squat. I'll be on everybody I know to go with me. I'm single, I'll take 3 people with me in my little car up to Washington from jolly little Kansas. I wanna see the kinds of numbers matching that of the million man march! WE HAVE TO DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

right on weasel! im with you! single college student with a car full of supporters coming to D.C. from Minnesota! lets do it!

spring break for me is march 16-24
    Privatize the profits, socialize the losses. - Government at its best.

July 4th, 2008
    “We need to borrow $10 billion from China, and then we give it to Musharraf, who is a military dictator, who overthrew an elected government. And then we go to war, we lose all these lives promoting democracy in Iraq. I mean, what’s going on here?”

I know the earlier this happens the better but I think pushing for Spring Break is going to be too soon to promote this thing enough. That only gives us ~2 months. I feel like a march in the summer months could get twice as much support.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ricket View Post
    July 4th, 2008
    I can't believe I didn't think of that. That is the perfect date.

Let's say the majority college break is March 16-24, because my friends have that schedule too..

so what day would be best for that?
    For good times, IM me.

Well somebody get the date right and let's do this. We can make this a million man march if we try hard enough. We have one thing we need... TIME! Let's all PLAN, and DO THIS! Give people something to look forward to!!!! This could be BIG BIG BIG!!!!!

This Canadian supporter will be there if this happens!

I think March 15 or March 22
    For good times, IM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Evazan View Post
    I can't believe I didn't think of that. That is the perfect date.
    It's a great date, but not perfect. A lot of people go to D.C. to celebrate. Can you IMAGINE the traffic, the parking etc?

Tell you what, if you want a crowd that big you're going to have to bypass working around peoples schedules.

Just pick a date and go with it. July 4th sounds great but it also sounds later than needed. Make people work their schedules around the dates chosen. They'll find a way to figure it out.

The event probably won't take longer than a day. Get Ron Paul to go there and speak to everyone. But you have to get the commitment online so they can see its the real deal.

It would be nice, if any flyers are made for this that they emphasize not just Ron Paul, but that we are sick and tired of the MEDIA choosing our next president! We are TIRED of the government taking our freedoms away. There has to be something we are fighting for, not just useless rambling that the media would turn around and say "a bunch of kooks are out there". Be it TRUTHFUL reporting by the media or a big push for Ron Paul in the election. We need to get some speakers in line who can speak in front of a crowd of THOUSANDS with unrelenting empasis that Ron Paul had the most donations by the military, that the media has endorsed therefore made McCain and Obama and Clinton the "front runners". Who are they to decide who the next president is? We need a moment where on national TV with a million people out there that we will NOT accept that Ron Paul is just "omitted" from the ballot in New York! We have to have an agenda we are fighting for..... thoughts???

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh yeah, and somebody check the farmers almanac to make sure the weather is all gonna be kosher.. lol

Mid March is much too soon. We need at the very least two months to plan this thing.

How about Nov. 5th, 2008? It's the day before the national election. We can do a whole V for Vendetta thing... get ron paul masks, etc.... then take the damn country back and put ron paul in the white house. if a ron paul revolution takes over washington, then we can just tell ron paul that he's the new president.

How about all the meetup groups getting together and getting groups together for this? To get a bus or something and haul everybody out there? May be cheaper and help people get there that couldn't afford to on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Energy View Post
    I will fly out there.

We need to pick a date that works well with spring breakers.
    I will fly, drive or crawl. I'll be there one way or another.

We need to start some chip ins or something to get things rolling on this. We all, everybody who loves freedom get out there and start talking. We need a big stage to speak at, I'll donate all I can to it... thinking... thinking.... hmm.... what can I do... who do I know who would have access to a stage or something? Who is a famous musician that could help setup a huge stage with speakers??

Exclamation Yes!

This CAN be HUGE! I think all the MSM lies, votefraud, etc. have kept us from seeing how large this Revolution really is. This would be a moment for us to show our true numbers, (not just the MSM - but all the rest of the US populatoin) and for the voice of the people to shout loud enough, and in large enough numbers that it will be impossible to ignore.

BUT - I STRONGLY believe now, that the date MUST be moved back to ensure its success. We need to have time to organize and promote correctly. People need to have time to clear their schedules so they can go "all in." This needs to be HISTORIC! Not just an outlet for a handful of people to let off some steam. I have already emailed the organizers to make my case for moving back the date. If you agree - please do the same.

On the 4th of July, DC will be a crowded, regulated mess already. What are some other significant / important dates later in the summer?

Anyone agree/disagree with this?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think we need at least a few months. Sometime after school is out for summer vacation is perfect.... June? Gives enough time to promote, enough time for people to save up and plan ahead, gives time for internationals who want to travel and be a part of history. July 4 is probably not good as the march will be drowned out by other standard July 4th festivities.

I totally agree Austin.

What do yo guys think? Is it imperative that we have this thing no earlier than May? In my opinion May or later gives us the time we need to make it spectacular.

-- Dates so far --

November 5th - This would ensure plenty of time, of course who knows what could happen within that time though, plus the weather might be a tad cold then.

July 4th - This would be an AWESOME date, although like people have said, it would be too hectic probably...too crowded...

June-July is my personal opinion...

whats yours?

15.March is Zeitgeist Day. In combination with it maybe?

http://zeitgeistmovie.com/zday.htm

Or wait a few weeks after Z-Day so that you can get a lot more supporters.
    That website introduced me to Ron Paul

I like November 5th.
    For good times, IM me.

Quote Originally Posted by sadunkal View Post
    15.March is Zeitgeist Day. In combination with it maybe?

http://zeitgeistmovie.com/zday.htm

Or wait a few weeks after Z-Day so that you can get a lot more supporters
    I dunno man, don't you think it's too soon for what we're trying to accomplish? Not trying to sound like a dick or anything =)

RevolutionMarch

http://www.RevolutionMarch.com/

Where: Washington D.C.
    When: Maybe 4/19, 2008? Maybe later.
    Why: Viva La Revolution!!!
    Main Speaker: Ron Paul, Our Next President
    Other Speakers: T.B.D.
    Performers: Michael Franti and Spearhead?

The goal is to organize the largest, peaceful, non-violent rally in support of The Revolution that is happening in America. Most people that have been involved in the revolution are frustrated by the lack of Media attention given to it.

Stay Informed! Subsrcibe to our feed:

Enter your email address:
    Delivered by FeedBurner

In New Hampshire, 47% of those who voted for John McCain said they did it because he was the candidate to get us out of Iraq. We all know that McCain has said he would keep us there for 100 years. We also know that there is only one candidate proposing a radical change to our foreign policy.

People are misinformed!!

The purpose of our rally is to get many thousands of freedom loving people in one place so we can be heard. An event SO HUGE, that even the Main Stream Media can’t ignore it!

The preliminary, preliminary, preliminary Plan:

phase 1:
    Get minimum 100 hard core promoters of the idea
    If this is you, send your name, city/state, and phone number to:
    promoter [at] revolutionmarch [dot] com - subject: POTENTIAL PROMOTER!

phase 2:
    Get 5000 committed marchers

phase 3:
    picking date time and location in DC in coordiantaion with RP campaign

phase 4:
    finalize budget and begin to raise money, pick goal number of marchers

phase 5:
    get minimum 20,000 commited marchers and raise minimum budget - if not reached, send to RP campaign

phase 6:
    begin spending of budget, planning and final phase of promotion to acheive final goal number of marchers

phase 7:
    THE MARCH!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast