Thread: Vietnam Vet hits out at "Songbird" McCain

Vietnam Vet hits out at "Songbird" McCain

this is dynamite! some how I imagine DRUDGE will not run with it though!

-----
    A former Vietnam veteran with top secret clearance says he has personally spoken to numerous POW's who dispute John McCain's claim that he refused to provide information after he was captured and tortured in Hanoi, saying that in fact McCain's code-name was "Songbird" because of his willingness to tell all to avoid torture.

Jack McLamb served nine years in secret operations in Cambodia and other nations before going on to become one of the most highly decorated police officer's in Phoenix history, winning police officer of the year twice before taking a role as a hostage negotiator for the FBI.

"I know a lot of Vietnam veterans and a few POW's and all the POW's that I've talked to over the years say that John McCain is a lying skunk," McLamb told the Alex Jones Show.

"He never was tortured - they were there in the camp with him and then when he came in....he immediately started spilling his guts about everything because he didn't want to get tortured," said McLamb, contradicting the official story that McCain only offered his name, rank, serial number, and date of birth.

"The Vietnamese Communists called him the Songbird, that's his code name, Songbird McCain, because he just came into the camp singing and telling them everything they wanted to know," said McLamb.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles...r_tortured.htm

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Based on the foregoing, John McCain should be tried for treason and aiding, abetting, and providing comfort to the enemy during a time of war.
    "Sir, we have not yet even begun to fight!" -- Commodore John Paul Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Paine View Post
    Based on the foregoing, John McCain should be tried for treason and aiding, abetting, and providing comfort to the enemy during a time of war.
    according to the article it is alleged he made propaganda tapes for the communists that are SEALED By the US Government!

Quote Originally Posted by itshappening View Post
    according to the article it is alleged he made propaganda tapes for the communists that are SEALED By the US Government!
    So John McCain is in fact the 21st Century version of the Manchurian candidate. I knew McCain was a commie bastard!

it's absolutely sickening. do any of you have relatives who are veterans? my family HATES mccain.

Quote Originally Posted by rockandrollsouls View Post
    it's absolutely sickening. do any of you have relatives who are veterans? my family HATES mccain.
    Yes, my uncle served in Vietnam at the height of the war. My mother was worried sick for 365 days in a row wondering if she was going to see his name appear on some television screen with the daily casualty report. With God as my witness, I absolutely refuse to cast a vote for that commie bastard John McCain!

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Paine View Post
    So John McCain is in fact the 21st Century version of the Manchurian candidate. I knew McCain was a commie bastard!
    Manchurian candidate? That's unlikely, but McCain has shown me nothing in his character or political history to make me feel he deserves anyone's trust.
    Ron Paul - Peacemonger

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If McCain was never beaten or tortured, why can't he lift his arms above his head? I am hardly a McCain supporter, but these guys suddenly poping out right shortly after Super tuesday and the source being www.prisonplanet.com sounds iffy at best. I don't consider them legit, just like the swift boaters against John Kerry was probably just a put together group to slam Kerry down to hurt his campaign.

Again, I am not pro-McCain and certainly not pro-Bush (Badnarik). I am just saying that with every single campaign people like these come out of the woodworks with scary stories about the candidate they want to destroy. This is the same thing that happened to Kerry, to Schwarzenegger, to Guliani, to many others. There is no doubt in my mind that all of them have skeletons in their closets, but it's hard to believe anyone anymore these days.
    Screw the big two! Let's all vote Libertarian.

the article alleges the injuries were sustained when he crashed his aircraft

Akus - your right to be skeptical - but please watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFM1xqqTX_g
    and then ask yourself - Why did McCain stop the release of information to the families of POW/MIAs - even after it was unanamously approved by the house? Lets ask him, shall we?
    Welcome to the misinformation age.

This information has been available. McCain just wasn't worth anyone's attention until recently.
    In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Akus View Post
    If McCain was never beaten or tortured, why can't he lift his arms above his head? I am hardly a McCain supporter, but these guys suddenly poping out right shortly after Super tuesday and the source being www.prisonplanet.com sounds iffy at best. I don't consider them legit, just like the swift boaters against John Kerry was probably just a put together group to slam Kerry down to hurt his campaign.

Again, I am not pro-McCain and certainly not pro-Bush (Badnarik). I am just saying that with every single campaign people like these come out of the woodworks with scary stories about the candidate they want to destroy. This is the same thing that happened to Kerry, to Schwarzenegger, to Guliani, to many others. There is no doubt in my mind that all of them have skeletons in their closets, but it's hard to believe anyone anymore these days.
    This didn't JUST come out. It's been spoken of for a long time. Obviously, not on the MSM however. My dad is a Vietnam Vet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBiti-ZbeO0

http://www.youtube.com/user/VETSAGAINSTMCCAIN

McCain will get his swift boat treatment before it's all over. This man will NOT be our president.

I'll just bet John McCain has blood on his hands for some of our brave soldiers who gave the last measures of their lives in the jungles of Vietnam. May you roast in hell for eternity, John McCain!

there's a whole bunch of things we can attack McCain on, and his being a POW for 4 years and whether or not he was tortured, should not be one of them.

Attack him on Keating 5,
    Attack him on Campiagn Finance Reform, which Aims to keep incumbents from facing any real competition, Attack him on Immigration, attack him on 100 years in Iraq, Attack him for being a war-hawk liberal,

but the worst way to go about it is trying to say he is not a war hero. It worked on Kerry, because the guy aimed to be president in Vietnam and taped himself in vietnam all the time.

MCCain was a POW, whether he sang or not under torture doesn't matter. He deserves respect for fighiting for his country, and I do respect him for that, Its his political life and ideas that I find disturbing, and it is MUCH easier to get people to vote against him because of McCain_Feingold, than because he may have talked during 4 years of torture.

Trying to Swift boat him on this will not work.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCrabtree View Post
    there's a whole bunch of things we can attack McCain on, and his being a POW for 4 years and whether or not he was tortured, should not be one of them.

Attack him on Keating 5,
    Attack him on Campiagn Finance Reform, which Aims to keep incumbents from facing any real competition, Attack him on Immigration, attack him on 100 years in Iraq, Attack him for being a war-hawk liberal,

but the worst way to go about it is trying to say he is not a war hero. It worked on Kerry, because the guy aimed to be president in Vietnam and taped himself in vietnam all the time.

MCCain was a POW, whether he sang or not under torture doesn't matter. He deserves respect for fighiting for his country, and I do respect him for that, Its his political life and ideas that I find disturbing, and it is MUCH easier to get people to vote against him because of McCain_Feingold, than because he may have talked during 4 years of torture.

Trying to Swift boat him on this will not work.
    I respect what you're saying. I just note that John McCain wasn't fighting for his country during the Vietname War. Instead, John McCain was a flying cluster#$%^ who couldn't properly evade a North Vietnamese SAM fired by some peasant and then spent the next five years selling out his fellow Americans.

That would explain why McCain Blocked Release of POW Info.

McCain's ace in the hole is the rock solid support his former POW status engenders from veterans. Why, then, did he single handedly block the release of MIA/POW records? In doing so, he thwarted a 401-0 vote in the House and left families of MIA's stunned. Why? A new documentary narrated by Ed Asner explores this question and reaches the apparently compelling conclusion that McCain's motivation was to suppress his own records. From this, they move to speculation about what is in those records. I can't speak to the veracity of that speculation because ... we don't have the records. Whatever conclusions we reach on the latter front, McCain should be compelled to squarely address his suppression of these records. For more background, here is a 2005 piece in the Village Voice. [ht: I Perceive]
    U.S. Marine for Ron Paul
    Defend the Constitution
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate

Google "Hanoi McCain"

The real crime was that he kept families of POWs/MIAs from having access to the information on their loved ones Why? to hide his "little secret".

Thats the story -
    Welcome to the misinformation age.

AND that vote, does need to be addressed. That is sickening and he needs to be held responsible for it. All Military families deserve to know what happened to their loved ones, and should also be able to bury a body and not an empty casket. Too many soldiers have never come home and we need to know why.

You want to read a story about a true American POW hero.

Col. Vernon P. Ligon, Jr. - My father flew with him when Ligon was part of S.A.C. Ligon spent most of his time in solitary confinement at the hands of the Vietnamese. He was older and took it upon himself to take the brunt of the torture to keep the younger guys safe.

Col. Vernon P.
    Ligon Jr.

Air Force Pilot, Three-Time POW Survived German, Korean And Vietnamese Prisons

By Bethanne Kelly Patrick
    Military.com Columnist

Between Memorial Day and Veteran's Day lies a lesser-known but no less important commemoration. POW/MIA Day, Sept. 15, is a day for remembering the men and women who, like Air Force Col. Vernon P. Ligon Jr., have suffered at the hands of a wartime enemy. All too often, those who become prisoners of war or who are reported missing in action never come home. But Ligon survived captivity and returned -- not only once, but three times from three separate wars.

Ligon was born, raised, and educated in Kentucky and began his military career in March 1942 with the Army Air Corps. During his assignment as a P-47 fighter pilot with the 362nd Fighter Group, he was shot down over Brussels after 35 missions. Ligon was captured and interned in several different German prison camps, including the notorious Stalagluft III. During a forced march, he escaped but was recaptured and taken to a camp near Mosseburg. He was finally released in April 1945.

Rather than making him quit, Ligon's World War II POW experience made him even more determined to continue fighting oppression. In 1950, he returned to Air Force duty as a logistics officer at Clark Air Base in the Philippines. Edward MacLean, a pilot who had served with Ligon during World War II, told Air Force Heritage magazine that, while flying missions in the Korean War, Ligon was incarcerated for a short time in a North Korean POW camp.

Several assignments and another decade later, Ligon was back in the cockpit and assigned to Udorn, Thailand, as commander of the 11th Tactical Reconnaissance Squadron. After 26 missions, he was shot down by a SAM missile while flying over Hanoi and taken to the infamous "Hanoi Hilton," where he endured five and a half years of imprisonment.

"My experiences while interned [in Vietnam] are typical of those of my fellow Americans," Ligon told the authors of "We Came Home" in 1977. While this quiet statement reminds us of the cruelties endured by all the POWs, it does not reveal that Ligon, as one of the highest-ranking and the oldest of the American servicemen held there, was kept separated from his comrades. He spent over four and a half years in isolation. Ligon was released in March 1973, retiring from the Air Force a few years later. He died in 1995.

On POW/MIA Day, it's worth remembering something else Ligon said in his "We Came Home" interview: "There is one thing that will always stand out very vividly in my memory ... the reception that approximately 3,000 wonderful, loyal friends and Americans gave us returnees ... it reaffirmed [our] feelings that the greater part of the American public is patriotic and [cares] about their families, country, and servicemen."

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCrabtree View Post
    AND that vote, does need to be addressed. That is sickening and he needs to be held responsible for it. All Military families deserve to know what happened to their loved ones, and should also be able to bury a body and not an empty casket. Too many soldiers have never come home and we need to know why.
    Absolutely.
    U.S. Marine for Ron Paul
    Defend the Constitution
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate

Google "Hanoi McCain"

There are many YouTube videos that expose how McCain (like John Kerry) used his power to cover up his record. He stabbed his fellow vets in the back by making sure the US did nothing to get back our POWs.

Many many vets HATE McCain, me being one of them.

-

Quote Originally Posted by Akus View Post
    If McCain was never beaten or tortured, why can't he lift his arms above his head?
    Because when he ejected he didn't keep his arms tight and both of his arms were broken.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    "I had learned what we all learned over there," McCain said. "Every man has his breaking point. I had reached mine."

http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/...9/100012.shtml
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by rmholla View Post
    There are many YouTube videos that expose how McCain (like John Kerry) used his power to cover up his record. He stabbed his fellow vets in the back by making sure the US did nothing to get back our POWs.

Many many vets HATE McCain, me being one of them.

-
    But, of course, the information rarely will ever become actually "public".

bump

For the last couple of months that i've been aware of this story, I've been doing a bit of armchair psychology and come to the conclusion that this skeleton in his background is why he is so much of a warmonger now. Perhaps he's trying to compensate, and is casting the veil of suspicion off, by being overly gung-ho now?

RE: Injuries. Yes, when he ejected, he didn't do it right (hey, he only got something like 864th in his class of 869 during his Naval Academy training. Or close to it.). He busted up two arms for not pulling them in to his side, and one knee. It was the need for medical attention to his knee that apparently first started him singing. Apparently he believed that if it wasn't treated, it would go gangrene, and he would lose the leg. Or some such.

Apparently he even flew to Vietnam and personally threatened those with the info not to release it, or ..... (some diplomatic type threat).
    This 1991-1993 POW/MIA committee and the vote to suppress info is FAIR GAME.

"Song Bird"

Now do you understand why I have called mcCrap this for 9 months. Unfortunately getting the truth through the king makers msm is as difficult as having them admitt Paul is alive.

We need billboards nationwide with all the dirt splattered for all to see.

McCrap is a traitor

Hillary has a muslim lover and first life partner. not to mention nafta and gatt.

Obama is a drug user, gay sex, and his closest advisor is an extremist muslim......yeah that's the president we need while we fight the war on tur!

By the way, the penalty for leaving the muslim faith is death. he was born a muslim, went to school as a muslim and sinc ehe is still breathing, he is a muslim now.