Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ames Tribune Saturday 11 morning paper, pre-order info'

Ames Tribune Saturday 11 morning paper, pre-order info'

If you are outside of Ames and interested in getting a copy of the paper that'll have our Ron Paul ad that Lord Xar is submitting for us with all of his and several other people's hard work putting together, along with donations from quite a few generous supporters including myself read on...

I just called and was able to pre-order that Saturday paper over the phone with a credit card.

Phone number: 1-800-234-TRIB (8742)
    Ask for "Circulation"
    Fee: New lower price: $2 (ea) confirmed

They just need your name, address, phone number, and credit card number.

And another ordering option here (thanks thomj76):

Quote Originally Posted by thomj76
    i just got off the phone with Ames paper. You can email them at circulation@amestrib.com and request papers.

The price will be $2.00 per paper.

Include your address, and a phone number where they can contact you and they will send the papers and follow up for payment.

I spoke to Dan Cronin, Director of Circulation in regard to this.
    Last edited by RP08; 08-10-2007 at 03:08 PM. Reason: added info

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is that shipping including? What method do they ship it for out-of-state? (I'm in Michigan).

Quote Originally Posted by brumans View Post
    Is that shipping including? What method do they ship it for out-of-state? (I'm in Michigan).
    That includes shipping. Not sure if that's snail mail or air (sorry, didn't ask)

Oh Boy, they are going to sell a lot of papers.....

My order is in....

I just pre-ordered. She was curious as to why they were getting a lot of calls to order. I told them there was going to be a Ron Paul ad in it that a lot of people are working on and donated for. She wanted to know if the ad was being submitted by someone with the last name Bond. I wasn't sure? Anyone know?

Can someone provide us with scans?

Ohh.. by the way, she said it is shipped out on Monday (they're closed Saturday) via First Class Mail.

She wanted to know if the ad was being submitted by someone with the last name Bond. I wasn't sure? Anyone know?
    Bond wasn't the last name of the dude I sent the paypal to.... so I dunno who exactly submitted it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I just pre-ordered. She was curious as to why they were getting a lot of calls to order. I told them there was going to be a Ron Paul ad in it that a lot of people are working on and donated for. She wanted to know if the ad was being submitted by someone with the last name Bond. I wasn't sure? Anyone know?

They may have 5000 orders for that paper coming at them? Should be funny to see their response as the orders come in.

Ohh.. by the way, she said it is shipped out on Monday (they're closed Saturday) via First Class Mail.

Thank you for asking about that. Was curious too.

Smile Anyone in IOWA now

If one of us could get Ron to sign 100 papers on the ad, we could auction them off for the campaign for alot of cash. We would need someone to call the campaign and ask and pick up the papers.

If anyone has IOWA headquarters email, I will put in a request.
    Last edited by Johnnybags; 08-09-2007 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnybags View Post
    If one of us could get Ron to sign 100 papers on the ad, we could auction them off for the campaign for alot of cash. We would need someone to call the campaign and ask and pick up the papers.
    Great idea - how about using ebay and auction them off - then you could get bids across the country.. I would say only do 10 and make them special...

whatever

10 to 100, so its limited somewhat, I need Iowa email though,not headquarters, anyone.

I gotta' say... this is 2 firsts for me.

* Gladly pay $4 for a newspaper
    * Not care what's in it -- just want it to GET an advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnybags View Post
    10 to 100, so its limited somewhat, I need Iowa email though,not headquarters, anyone.
    There are Iowa volunteers here... http://www.paulforall.com/

Their emails are on here.

Please keep this ad away from the campaign though, or we will be interfering with FEC rules. That is, until it's printed.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 08-09-2007 at 02:11 PM.

i just got off the phone with Ames paper. You can email them at circulation@amestrib.com and request papers.

Include your address, and a phone number where they can contact you and they will send the papers and follow up for payment.

Last edited by thomj76; 08-09-2007 at 02:10 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They've got it reduced to $2 now. They must be getting a lot of orders.

Quote Originally Posted by thomj76 View Post

Thanks! Updated OP

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    They've got it reduced to $2 now. They must be getting a lot of orders.
    Actually when I spoke to them they said it was $1 (plus $3 shipping).

When I called earlier, the first thing I asked (being raised by a single mom who was a teacher) was 'Is there a price breakdown for multiple orders?' After a brief conversation, I left my number, and Dan Cronin called me back. He quoted me the price of $2.00 total. Now this is for the paper, minus the classifieds, and other extraneous stuff.

He said to email them at circulation@amestrib.com and include your name, phone number and address.

They would follow up to get information regarding payment.

Can SOMEONE make sure I get a copy of the paper with RON PAULS SIGNATURE...

I mean, c'mon.....

Sure, you can have the buy it now rate!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xar View Post

I mean, c'mon.....
    If they ever respond? LOL. On second thought you have earned a gratis copy.

When they say that they will follow up to get information regarding payment, how are they going to go about doing this? I understand why; I'm just curious about how.
    Amendment I.
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment II.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by richard1984 View Post
    When they say that they will follow up to get information regarding payment, how are they going to go about doing this? I understand why; I'm just curious about how.
    Uhh.. they are going to call you

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xar View Post

I mean, c'mon.....
    You have most definitely earned that. You have more patience than any single person I have ever met in my life.

Uhh.. they are going to call you
    That seems a little sketchy. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable giving my credit card information to someone who called me.
    Amendment I.
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment II.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by richard1984 View Post
    That seems a little sketchy. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable giving my credit card information to someone who called me.
    You're putting in the request when you email them, so you're expecting the call. It's not like 10,000 random people know your name, number, and the fact that you just ordered a paper from the Ames Tribune. Come on..

Do we have an image of the final version of the ad that we can see/share?
    Some pre-release buzz might help the cause.

eb
    Been a long time....

Quote Originally Posted by McDermit View Post
    You're putting in the request when you email them, so you're expecting the call. It's not like 10,000 random people know your name, number, and the fact that you just ordered a paper from the Ames Tribune. Come on..
    I'm sorry you don't see a potential problem with giving your credit card information to someone who calls you asking for it.
    My main reason for concern anyway is that I don't have a credit card. I'd have to use my parents and give them the money for it. But I don't think that my parents would let me use it under the circumstances. Identity theft is a real problem you know (though perhaps inflated in the minds of my parents--and parents everywhere). I seems like it would be much better if they could put a way to pay for the paper on their website, and then they could just send us an email letting us know when we can go there to pay for it.
    Amendment I.

Amendment II.

You don't even have a debit card from your bank or anything?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast