Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else realize we just won Nevada?

Does anyone else realize we just won Nevada?

With Romney out we will get virtually all of the delegates. We might have had the most state deleagtes already, but now they won't vote for Romney and might not even show up because they don't care anymore. Maine too!!! Hell, throw in Minnesota, North Dakota, Alaska and Montana!!! This is great news!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dont get over confident.
    PMs are a Ninjas best friend.

thats why he suspended his campaign and didn't drop out. so he can still keep his delegates

He "suspended" his campaign, which is different from Rudy's dropping out.

He will retain his delegates all the way to a convention, and use them for bargaining. That's my understanding anyway.

But the caucus state, other than Montana, haven't actually chosen the national delegates yet! They're not bound to chose anyone from their meaningless straw poll. If I was a Romney delegate I would probably skip the state convention since my candidate "suspended" his campaign or at least vote for somebody else.

Those are committed delegates....that means whoever Romney endorses....will go for McStain...assuming he endorses McStain!

All of the caucus states are unpledged delegates. They don't have to vote for who they say they will.

Do not post that image in any more threads.

Thanks.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Incorrect. Nevada delegates are not bound to the straw poll winner. The county convention is at the end of February. I am one of the delegates.
    RonPaulIntro.com
    Send your friends there to learn about Dr. Paul!

Incorrect? That's what I said.

Not true.....some caucus states are obligates...some aren't...at least I'm pretty sure. Iowa's are bound for example...

He keeps his delegates. When McCain offers Romney the VP spot & Romney accepts, McCain gets all the delegates & wins the nomination.

McCain has 697 pledged delegates & 17 RNC delegates (714 total). Romney has 286 pledged delegates & 0 RNC delegates. If Romney's delegates go to McCain, he's got 1000 on the nose.

Republicans need 1,191 delegate votes for the nomination.
    Maxed out to ALL of Ron Paul's campaigns.

Listen to Liberty Tree Radio! ::

Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

http://www.themicroeffect.com (8A - 11A EST daily)

http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47 (3 PM- 9 PM EST daily)

Organize, Arm, Equip, and Train as a Militia !

From CNN:

Suspending a campaign has a different meaning depending on the party.

On the Republican side, decisions on how to allocate delegates is left to the state parties.

On the Democratic side, a candidate who "suspends" is technically still a candidate, so he or she keeps both district and statewide delegates won through primaries and caucuses. Superdelegates are always free to support any candidate at any time, whether the candidate drops out, suspends or stays in.
    It's up to the states on how to award candidates. We may have a good shot in the arm of delegates, since Ron Paul now takes first in many states.

Quote Originally Posted by skgai View Post
    All of the caucus states are unpledged delegates. They don't have to vote for who they say they will.
    Not true. Kansas is a caucus state this year. Their delegate are bound by law to vote for the popular vote winner.

Incorrect? That's what I said.
    My mistake. I was answering one of the posts above who said they were bound. I forgot to "quote"
    RonPaulIntro.com
    Send your friends there to learn about Dr. Paul!

Wrong. You guys are listening too much to CNN. McCain only has 500 or so pledged delegates so far. The rest either haven't yet been decided or aren't pledged at all. For instance, he won Illinois, but none of those delegates, who have yet to be decided have to vote for him.

Iowa's delegates are not bound. I'm from here. The straw poll there is meaningless. They still have county, district and state conventions to go. Most of the caucus states have unpledged delagates and they can vote for whom they choose.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    With Romney out we will get virtually all of the delegates. We might have had the most state deleagtes already, but now they won't vote for Romney and might not even show up because they don't care anymore. Maine too!!! Hell, throw in Minnesota, North Dakota, Alaska and Montana!!! This is great news!
    Technically NOT until he drops out!
    He has susspended his campaign not dropped out if he does not officially drop out
    he keeps his delegates

I think he is trying to secure a VP spot with mccain
    which is why he susspended not dropped out
    One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one President, and nine Supreme Court justices equates to 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.
    Learn More at https://www.facebook.com/FireFiveFortyfive

too bad he didn't drop 3 days ago.. we could have scored some wins

He doesn't "keep" his delegates. The state repub parties decides how to divvy them up to other candidates.

Reading is fundamental.

Quote Originally Posted by acroso View Post
    Not true.....some caucus states are obligates...some aren't...at least I'm pretty sure. Iowa's are bound for example...
    No...IA's delegates are unbound.
    Philosphy of Liberty

Precinct Captain - Park Township, MI (P5)

You guys the delegates in Alaska, Minnesota, Iowa, Maine and Nevada have not been decided and even if they had they don't have to vote for a certain candidate. None of the national delegates have been decided yet and the people who said they'd vote for Romney don't have to. Yes, in North Dakota and Montana those delegates are pledged. Romney took 25 in Montana and in North Dakota he got 10, McCain got 6, Paul got 5 and Huckabee got 5. But in the other states the delegates have not been chosen and won't be until their state conventions in March, April, May and June. The Romney delegates might not show up or vote for someone else entirely (knowing our luck they'd all vote for McCain), but the point is this is the only way Paul has a shot at winning.

with Romney in suspended animation, the only delegates he will keep are those bound by law.
    No caucus will vote a Romney delegate in. This strongly favors us.
    No more Mr. Bad guy

Quote Originally Posted by sgrooms View Post
    thats why he suspended his campaign and didn't drop out. so he can still keep his delegates
    owned?

Down boy. I get your excitement, but wait for facts.

MODS? CAN WE GET THIS MOVED OR HAVE A DISCLAIMER PUT ON THE TITLE?
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What facts? Any questions about the delegate process check out www.thegreenpapers.com or go to each state's respective republican party website. It's all there.

What makes you think that this isn't a McMitt deal going on here?

What makes you think there is a McMitt deal? Even if there were, all Romney supporters wouldn't jump on that bandwagon I don't think. But you may be right and this race is already over. Hell, the Seattle Times just gave the GOP nod to McCain. Its on their main page. They didn't even mention Ron Paul in there article so things still aren't that great.

I think some people don't understand. In most states, including caucus states, only state delegates have been decided and in a lot of them, they were unbound to begin with. No one can dictate who these people vote for, they get to decide. There has only been a single caucus state that has elected national delegates and that is Montana which are bound to Romney.

I sure as heck Ron Paul has good people in his campaign that are on top of this delegate situation.

Much better than they are on top of, say, national advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast