Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Realistic Strategy for a Brokered Convention

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post

If You Think Your Idea Is The Best, You Should Contact The Campaign With It, Not Spread It Around Here Anonymously...

Says the self bumping king

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by No1ButPaul08 View Post
    Says the self bumping king
    I´m not from America, i can´t do much....So, instead of attacking me, contact the campaign...

KEEP THE REVOLUTION ALIVE! RUN FOR OFFICE!

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron Paul delegates to the state convention swung their support to Huckabee – putting Huckabee over the top – after Congressman Paul was eliminated in the first round of voting. With three national delegates, Ron Paul secured 17 percent of the 18 delegates that were decided at the State Convention.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/press-rel...ate-convention

Campaign has a strategy....

KEEP THE REVOLUTION ALIVE! RUN FOR OFFICE!

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    Please that was three delegates where that was acceptable. The campaign cannot ethically back this. The convention will not be brokered unless we stop John McCain.

Read my Missouri example. Do you think Ron Paul wanted John McCain or Mike Huckabee to win that 58 delegate prize. Easy, Huck. If 1/3 of our voters go to Huck, he wins. This loss hurt very bad.

This will have to done through meetups and any other way possible. People will have to understand a vote for Huck or Romney is a vote for Ron Paul. By voting for Ron Paul you are voting for John McCain. I do see McCain and Huckabee teaming up to stop this by Huck getting the VP. McCain should realize however that any ticket with Huckabee can't win. The guy is unelectable in a general election as P or VP
    Another way to try to spread the STOP MCCAIN strategy is with Huckabee's supporters, Romney's supporters, any political messageboard where Republicans who don't want McCain gather.

The first stage of this process
    1) STOP MCCAIN by situational voting
    applies equally to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    Another way to try to spread the STOP MCCAIN strategy is with Huckabee's supporters, Romney's supporters, any political messageboard where Republicans who don't want McCain gather.

The first stage of this process
    1) STOP MCCAIN by situational voting
    applies equally to everyone.
    Looks like the real first stage is removing the blind faith the convention will broker itself...thanks for the help

strategy/the only way we can win/we must stop McCain BUMP

Quote Originally Posted by libertythor View Post
    Just become a stealth delegate in these states.
    Did you even understand the post you criticize? Stop the "stealth" crap.
    My review of the For Liberty documentary:
    digg.com/d315eji
    (please Digg and post comments on the HuffPost site)

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Nicholas Sanchez on Bush's legacy, September 30, 2007.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradley in DC View Post
    Did you even understand the post you criticize? Stop the "stealth" crap.
    Bradley your thoughts. This is way over most people's heads

After all, it was you who told me to learn the rules. I did, I think this is the only option. Realistic is a stretch, i know. But it has to be tried

there is no such thing as a realistic brokered convention strategy. huck and romney both have enough delegates to be kingmaker. you all seem to forget this...

edit: bump accidently replied twice
    Last edited by No1ButPaul08; 02-07-2008 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RageAgainstDC View Post
    there is no such thing as a realistic brokered convention strategy. huck and romney both have enough delegates to be kingmaker. you all seem to forget this...
    Can't hurt to try. McCain knows Huckabee as his VP would be an instant loss. A McCain/Romney ticket is laughable. These delegates aren't forced to go for who huck or romney likes. We have to try and stop McCain. It can only help Ron Paul.

McCain is a love/hate relationship. I imagine some delegates feel this way. We have to try this as a last ditch GOP effort.

Can't hurt to try. McCain knows Huckabee as his VP would be an instant loss. A McCain/Romney ticket is laughable. These delegates aren't forced to go for who huck or romney likes. We have to try and stop McCain. It can only help Ron Paul.

McCain is a love/hate relationship. I imagine some delegates feel this way. We have to try this as a last ditch GOP effort.
    yes, it can hurt to try. every day we waste on this pipe dream is a day we aren't moving forward with an independent candidacy. every gop primary we lose, we lose support with it. it could hurt. a lot.

What do you suppose the strategy should be?

The most reasonable, well thought out strategy at this point seems to be

1) STOP MCCAIN / DELEGATES / BROKERED CONVENTION strategy

What, again, are the other strategies?
    They seem to rely on ignoring known facts.

2) Just keep on canvassing, telling people about Ron Paul, buying ads, blimps, billboards about Ron Paul, etc. and hoping for the best

Hello, we're about to lose to McCain.

It seems like strategy #2 seems to be relying on ignoring "we're about to lose to McCain" or hoping for something like McCain dying.

Also, strategy 2 was super tuesday strategy, and it didn't result in any victories.

If you want to continue strategy 2, focus on Idaho.

The thing I like about brokered convention strategy is that if there is a brokered convention, we won't know until the convention how well we did with the delegates, so we'll have hope going into the convention. (If we're successful in stopping McCain).

Is there a strategy 3? If so, what is it?

And then we threaten the third party run. The GOP has spent 25 years to trying undermine Ron Paul. It's time for his supporters to step up and undermine the GOP. We would fail Ron Paul if we don't do this

yes, it can hurt to try. every day we waste on this pipe dream is a day we aren't moving forward with an independent candidacy. every gop primary we lose, we lose support with it. it could hurt. a lot.

Ron Paul is running for the Republican Nomination.

Until that option is foreclosed, we are all here to help him win the Republican Nomination.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is the independent candidacy not a pipe dream? I don't need to go into what RP has said here. Almost every email he sends mentions a brokered convention, although with no back up.

Maybe RP is expecting his supporters to broker the convention. After all, its the supporters that have been running the campaign.

Is the independent candidacy not a pipe dream? I don't need to go into what RP has said here. Almost every email he sends mentions a brokered convention, although with no back up.

Maybe RP is expecting his supporters to broker the convention. After all, its the supporters that have been running the campaign.
    If Ron Paul wants a brokered convention, we should do everything we can to get to a brokered convention.

Goal #1 - Stop McCain

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=114659

Excellent detailed analysis of Brokered Convention / Situational Voting / STOP MCCAIN

Bradley your thoughts. This is way over most people's heads

After all, it was you who told me to learn the rules. I did, I think this is the only option. Realistic is a stretch, i know. But it has to be tried
    Sorry. Yes, yours is a thoughtful, informed and intelligent analysis. I'm not saying I endorse it without giving it some more thought--for example in DC, I except McCain to win but for us to beat Huckabee. It is thought provoking as a starting point, but I think people in each respective state need to take a good look at their respective situations and act accordingly. If there are old hands in our camp in each state who understand the local people, local ways, I'd defer to them (and not the official campaign staff).

That said, I'm getting really tired of the "secret strategy", most of McCain's delegate really support Dr. Paul, and all of the other baseless excuses to divert attention from both the real need to work now in states approaching and from HQ incompetence.
    My review of the For Liberty documentary:
    digg.com/d315eji
    (please Digg and post comments on the HuffPost site)

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Nicholas Sanchez on Bush's legacy, September 30, 2007.

a brokered convention is going to go like this:

first ballot... no majority.

second ballot... huck or romney kingmake mccain.

that's if we even HAVE a brokered convention to begin with. do you really think that the GOP is going to allow ron paul to be it's nominee after everything they have done to stifle him... for 25 years as you point out?

and yes an indy run is a pipedream. but atleast it offers hope. it stops the bleeding. it keeps up from losing more and more support with each gop primary loss. it gives people a reason to campaign again, knowing he'll be on the ballot in november. it's about the message, not the presidency. i think we all came into this knowing that.

a brokered convention is going to go like this:

first ballot... no majority.

second ballot... huck or romney kingmake mccain.

that's if we even HAVE a brokered convention to begin with. do you really think that the GOP is going to allow ron paul to be it's nominee after everything they have done to stifle him... for 25 years as you point out?

and yes an indy run is a pipedream. but atleast it offers hope. it stops the bleeding. it keeps up from losing more and more support with each gop primary loss. it gives people a reason to campaign again, knowing he'll be on the ballot in november. it's about the message, not the presidency. i think we all came into this knowing that.
    Right on the money. Especially the part about the message being more important than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley in DC View Post
    Sorry. Yes, yours is a thoughtful, informed and intelligent analysis. I'm not saying I endorse it without giving it some more thought--for example in DC, I except McCain to win but for us to beat Huckabee. It is thought provoking as a starting point, but I think people in each respective state need to take a good look at their respective situations and act accordingly. If there are old hands in our camp in each state who understand the local people, local ways, I'd defer to them (and not the official campaign staff).

That said, I'm getting really tired of the "secret strategy", most of McCain's delegate really support Dr. Paul, and all of the other baseless excuses to divert attention from both the real need to work now in states approaching and from HQ incompetence.
    Yeah, most of McCain's delegates are like DC, locked until he releases them, or his slate, or both. It is a state by state, day by day operation. Polls will change, we might have to go for Romney instead of Huck. It has to get to the people on the ground in the relevant states

Why wouldn't Huckabee just give Mccain his delegates to put him over the top, thus securing his spot as VP?
    Ron Paul 12

Quote Originally Posted by IDefendThePlatform View Post
    Right on the money. Especially the part about the message being more important than anything.
    Do not underrate a convention speech. Would do more than any third party run. And he can still run third party after the convention.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Ingram View Post
    Why wouldn't Huckabee just give Mccain his delegates to put him over the top, thus securing his spot as VP?
    For one that's a losing ticket and McCain might take a chance in a brokered convention.

Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    If Ron Paul wants a brokered convention, we should do everything we can to get to a brokered convention.

Goal #1 - Stop McCain

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=114659

Excellent detailed analysis of Brokered Convention / Situational Voting / STOP MCCAIN
    so we're a cult now? i missed that memo....

so we're a cult now? i missed that memo....
    Ron Paul's message is a brokered convention. Do you support the message?

Ron Paul's message is a brokered convention. Do you support the message?
    ron paul's message is not a brokered convention. the brokered convention is just the latest version of the billionaire, or the "secret plan", so on so forth. the message is liberty. we're treating this like a campaign, and it's not. it's a movement. the campaign was just the launching point. nothing we can do will make ron the next potus. he knows this. you know this (whether you've admitted it to yourself is a whole different point). all this billionaire, secret plan, brokered convention, "stealth delegate" talk is undermining the movement. we need to go indy to keep hope alive, to keep people JOINING and not LEAVING the movement. how do you not see this?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast