Thread: National Delegates needed for brokered convention

National Delegates needed for brokered convention

Can a few of you South Dakotans put on some Romney t-shirts and grab a few of Romney's delegates?

You will be able to vote for Ron Paul when you are released in the brokered convention.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JulioForPaul View Post
    Can a few of you South Dakotans put on some Romney t-shirts and grab a few of Romney's delegates?

You will be able to vote for Ron Paul when you are released in the brokered convention.
    There WILL NOT BE any "brokered convention". When will you learn this?

It aint' happening this century, it hasn't in the last and it won't happen in the next.

The Republican Party NEVER would stand for it.

Take your nominee. His name is McCain.

As in McAble.

Learn that. Deal with it. And, learn that the best way to deal with it is to write Ron Paul NOW and tell him he has your continued support, but he MUST run independent/third party.

To do otherwise is IDIOTIC.

Delegates in SD are legally bound. Stop the nonsense.

http://www.gop.com/images/Press_State_Summaries.pdf

SOUTH DAKOTA 2008

Numbers
    27 Total Delegates
    • 3 RNC, 3 CD and 21 AL
    Important Dates
    County Caucuses: 3/06/08
    Regional Caucuses: 3/15/08
    State Convention: 3/15/08
    Delegate Filing: 3/25/08
    Primary: 6/03/08
    Selection Method
    Closed Primary, Caucus, State Committee Mtg.

Delegates bound for 1 ballot

o 24 Bound
    o 3 Unbound

Selection Details
    AL & CD – Delegate allocation: Delegates are allocated proportionally, if candidate hits a 20% statewide threshold.

Delegate election: At State
    National Convention Delegate
    Selection Meeting.
    My review of the For Liberty documentary:
    digg.com/d315eji
    (please Digg and post comments on the HuffPost site)

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Nicholas Sanchez on Bush's legacy, September 30, 2007.

They're only bound for 1 ballot?
    Philosphy of Liberty

Precinct Captain - Park Township, MI (P5)

Quote Originally Posted by Eponym_mi View Post
    Rules vary considerably by state.
    My review of the For Liberty documentary:
    digg.com/d315eji
    (please Digg and post comments on the HuffPost site)

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Nicholas Sanchez on Bush's legacy, September 30, 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Eponym_mi View Post
    Same in Missouri - bound for 1 ballot only.

Whether it qualifies as a "brokered convention" or not, it is almost certainly going to take more than one ballot to determine the nominee. If Romney and Huckabee stay in it (and why wouldn't they) the votes will continue to split enough to prevent any one candidate from getting enough bound delegates for the first ballot.

PS - I've finally had enough of your negativity, John P Slevin. You are now on my ignore list. If you aren't here to support the movement, you must be here to demoralize it. Lead, follow or get out of the way.
    Courage ~ Strength ~ Integrity
    RON PAUL 2012
    ----------------------
    Visit Planet ToLive
    ----------------------
    It's Thirteen O'Clock
    ----------------------
    "I am surprised at the suddenness, as well as the greatness of this revolution. Is not the change we have seen astonishing? What man, two years ago, would have thought it possible?"
    - John Adams, July 3, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by ShowMeLiberty View Post
    Same in Missouri - bound for 1 ballot only.

Whether it qualifies as a "brokered convention" or not, it is almost certainly going to take more than one ballot to determine the nominee. If Romney and Huckabee stay in it (and why wouldn't they) the votes will continue to split enough to prevent any one candidate from getting enough bound delegates for the first ballot.

PS - I've finally had enough of your negativity, John P Slevin. You are now on my ignore list. If you aren't here to support the movement, you must be here to demoralize it. Lead, follow or get out of the way.

Ok, I'm on your ignore list. One less Republican cretin to acknowledge in polite conversation.

For the rest, there is ABOSOLUTELY ZERO chance to advance the RP candidacy in ANY way through the GOP.

Whichever MORON first suggested the STUPID concept of Ron Paul succeeding at a brokered convention, is, well, exactly that. Ron Paul NEVER has had a chance at the GOP nomination. If you are new to this line of thought maybe you will want to consider the opinions of people who have believed this all along.

When examining people's opinions as epxressed on this forum, FIRST, delete ANY posts from whatever IDIOT suggested Ron Paul could win the GOP nomination.

Then, go from there. It really is that SIMPLE.

I would put it at a 50/50 shot that this goes to a brokered convention. I think there is a good chance that Huckabee and Romney will win enough of the 20 remaining to prevent a McCain win.

However, I really don't think there will be nearly enough RP delegates, bound or unbound, to make a serious run for President. RP delegates could, however, seriously help defeat the front runner with whatever power they have. Ron Paul will have to decide what he sells out for.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lincoln won with 20 delegates out of 200 somethin. FYI.

and as for John P Slevin... calling people idiots and stupid is very "polite conversation"

If you think RP has any better chance running indy, you are the definition of hypocrit. Ron Paul has at least 42 national delegates, and very possibly many more just waiting for the first ballot to fail. Turning away from those delegates now would be a disaster. He won't be invited to a single debate. He will not have a chance in hell of furthering the message as an indy.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JulioForPaul View Post
    I would put it at a 50/50 shot that this goes to a brokered convention. I think there is a good chance that Huckabee and Romney will win enough of the 20 remaining to prevent a McCain win.

However, I really don't think there will be nearly enough RP delegates, bound or unbound, to make a serious run for President. RP delegates could, however, seriously help defeat the front runner with whatever power they have. Ron Paul will have to decide what he sells out for.
    OoooohKaaaay,

So, our guy sells out is your highest hope?

I guess you are a Republican.

Quote Originally Posted by John P Slevin View Post
    For the rest, there is ABOSOLUTELY ZERO chance to advance the RP candidacy in ANY way through the GOP.
    Either start supporting this campaign, which is trying to get the GOP nomination, or STFU and go away. I've read enough of your BS.
    Philosphy of Liberty

Precinct Captain - Park Township, MI (P5)

Same here. Become a precinct leader then a delegate and Let's win this thang!!!
    Keep up the good work everyone, we all play a part; the world is watching and we are on stage!

http://www.endthefed.us/

www.dailypaul.com

http://www.prayforpaul.com/prayers.html

www.campaignforliberty.com

Quote Originally Posted by bucfish View Post
    Same here. Become a precinct leader then a delegate and Let's win this thang!!!
    Forward this to every supporter everywhere as soon as possible:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=1201693
    Quote Originally Posted by linusPAULing View Post
    There's been a conspiracy to condition us into not believing in conspiracies. This might be the most insidious conspiracy of all time.
    Quote Originally Posted by charger View Post
    The TV is the Trojan horse of the 20th century.
    We left it in our homes and trusted it. Now it is being used as a tool to destroy us.

What the hell is wrong with you people?!?!

You can vote for whomever you want at national. The unit rule DOES NOT APPLY!

Anyone who thinks otherwise can PM me for details.

We need delegates at national! This is the ONLY THING THAT MATTERS! The primary is a media show for sheeple, it isn't binding IN THE LEAST!
    RON PAUL
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

(copy and paste this text for your own R[ƎVO˩]UTION!)