Thread: Dang it dad!

Dang it dad!

Mom & Dad were Fred Thompson supporters. When I talked to Dad on Sunday he said he was leaning towards Romney but had serious reservations. I gave up converting him to Paul awhile back when we had a heated argument. I called Mom up today, 30 min before the caucus and asked who she was voting for. She said "either Romney or Paul. Tell me some of the differences..."

I had a nice heart to heart talk with her about the main differences. I didn't mention Iraq (no use in trying to convert her on that right now) but instead I stressed taxes, spending, abortion, border. She said "You make a very compelling case. I think I'll probably vote for Paul."

As has been the case my entire life...I couldn't compete with Dad's influence. He got her to vote for Romney.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by SovereignMN View Post
    Mom & Dad were Fred Thompson supporters. When I didn't mention Iraq (no use in trying to convert her on that right now)
    After I gave the speech for Paul a few people came up asking questions. Every time they liked the taxes, 2nd amendment, pro-life, then refused after asking about the war.

Unfortunately, the sheeple in the party are still programmed to be afraid, and actually believe it was a good idea to invade Iraq. Even after all the evidence comes out that it was the wrong thing to do, and Bush was going to go in there no matter what. Too much Fox and CNN preaching fear instead of telling the truth.
    How much time did they give Dr. Paul? None. How much time did they give the report about the 930+ lies we were told about the war? Nearly none.

The people at my table told me they loved all of ron pauls positions as they are very conservative, but basically that we need troops everywhere so they can't get on board with ron paul. I brought up the study that shows we actually cant defend an attack cuz of all this nonsense, but no dice.

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulmn View Post
    Unfortunately, the sheeple in the party are still programmed to be afraid,
    I was ready to introduce a resolution last night that the GOP would stop the fear mongering LOL this after a resolution was introduced to call all illegal aliens terrorists under Homeland Security because we don't know if they are so we never know where the terrorists are if they're illegal aliens... his whole reasoning when asked about it was based in living in fear