Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joining Libertarian Party lp.org $5000 Chairman's Circle

Joining Libertarian Party lp.org $5000 Chairman's Circle

Texas has open primaries, so I'll vote for Ron no matter what. But today is the last straw and the GOP has officially pissed me off.

I've been a Republican all of my life, but I am joining the Libertarian Party and will vote Libertarian first and Libertarian-leaning Republican if necessary, for the rest of my life.

https://www.lp.org
    Last edited by OptionsTrader; 02-05-2008 at 11:41 PM.

Member #43 of Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty
    Smallest Political Quiz
    Judge Napolitano on Ron Paul
    Constitutional Republic
    A Republic If You Can Keep It
    Ron Paul in 1988

In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
    -Mark Twain

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    OMG. What a WASTE of money.
    Huey P. Long, "The Kingfish"
    Former Governor, Senator and leading opponent of the Big Bankers.
    Kingfish Consulting: Experience winning elections, since 1928.

same, i'm leaving the republican party. it is no longer in line with my views

Do Not Want
    PMs are a Ninjas best friend.

Instead of giving the LP $5000, donate to our congressional candidates, libertarian and republican.
    The LP will make lil' use of that money besides newsletters right now.

Plug for my campaign follows: http://www.joinsanders.com

And you can find others through alexmerced.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by hueylong View Post
    You mean like the blimp?

Quote Originally Posted by hueylong View Post
    F U. Making a statement is never a waste of money.
    ------------------
    carpe libertatum

http://www.myspace.com/carpe_libertas

The LP is a bad joke.

Our focus should remain the retaking of the GOP. As we're finding out, this is a pretty reasonable goal if we start at the legislative level.
    Heading out to campaign for Ron Paul? Read my guide and leave constructive criticism.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron LOL View Post
    The LP is a bad joke.
    maybe so, but prior to Paul announcing his candidacy, what option did we have? I'll gladly stay a Republican and support future Ron Paul Republicans, but barring that it's back to the LP I go.
    ------------------
    carpe libertatum

I also plan on moving to the LP. Even if I don't stay there 4 years from now I want to build their numbers so to at least bring the illusion that a third party is growing. 4 years from now I can move back to the republican party if they change their way, but if the republicans are going to continue the current path I won't come back.
    We the people are taking back the government one voter at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron LOL View Post
    The LP is a bad joke.

Our focus should remain the retaking of the GOP. As we're finding out, this is a pretty reasonable goal if we start at the legislative level.
    Actually taking over their state central committee will be even easier and have a bigger impact on how future elections are ran. ie. paper ballots, election dates, candidate endorsements, etc.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Put that money towards Murray Sabrin's senate run. True story: A single senator can hold up the entire legislative process through filibuster.
    Help convert the Republican Party from within

|------------|------------------|---------------|-----------------|-You are here----|-----------|
    Tyranny --> Revolution --> Freedom --> Prosperity --> Dependency ---> Tyranny

I've been thinking about rejoining the LP, just out of principle. Honestly though, our only hope of gaining a foothold in Washington is working through the major parties. We need to get small government conservatives across the country a national network they can rely on for funding and other support. This is a major struggle we have undertaken, and it can't be won from the sidelines.

I left the Libertarian Party when I renewed my drivers license in April, changed to Independent, and became Republican when I found out Ron was running.

The Libertarian Party is completely ineffective even though they claim to be the country's biggest third party. How can they be taken seriously when have somebody that advertises the nickname "Firecracker" in quotes.

There's got to be a better way.

I agree with the party platform and will be proud to identify myself as a party member, as ineffective as it may be currently I don't really care. I've thought about this for months and for me it's how I can stay active in politics the rest of my life.

Member #43 of Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty
    Smallest Political Quiz
    Judge Napolitano on Ron Paul
    Constitutional Republic
    A Republic If You Can Keep It
    Ron Paul in 1988

In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
    -Mark Twain

i only came to the republican party for ron paul so...
    "Aggressive wars, income taxes, national IDs, domestic spying, torture regimes, secret prisons, Federal Reserve manipulation -- we don't have to take it any more." -- Ron Paul, Sept 27, 2007

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by rajibo View Post
    I left the Libertarian Party when I renewed my drivers license in April, changed to Independent, and became Republican when I found out Ron was running.

The Libertarian Party is completely ineffective even though they claim to be the country's biggest third party. How can they be taken seriously when have somebody that advertises the nickname "Firecracker" in quotes.

if ron starts a new party, i'm in. that's the better way
    "Aggressive wars, income taxes, national IDs, domestic spying, torture regimes, secret prisons, Federal Reserve manipulation -- we don't have to take it any more." -- Ron Paul, Sept 27, 2007

Quote Originally Posted by RPinSEAZ View Post
    Put that money towards Murray Sabrin's senate run. True story: A single senator can hold up the entire legislative process through filibuster.
    Absolutely! I've donated to Murray's campaign.. and will do so again... when I have some money...
    Don't Tax Me Bro!

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfingers View Post
    I've been thinking about rejoining the LP, just out of principle. Honestly though, our only hope of gaining a foothold in Washington is working through the major parties. We need to get small government conservatives across the country a national network they can rely on for funding and other support. This is a major struggle we have undertaken, and it can't be won from the sidelines.
    This is what I'm talkin about. Right here people. We can easily take over the Republican party with our numbers.

The Libertarian Party is a diversion setup to do what it's doing. If all of the libertarian's became republicans we wouldn't have such a f'd up party in the first place.

I know how you guys feel though, for years I've thought about joining the LP's too, but could never figure out how it would make any difference besides diluting the RP.

We have enough people in this movement alone to take over the RP at all local levels and work our way up, and educate along the way. Get on Board the Crazy Train.

3rd parties will always be ineffective while the 2 major parties maintain hold. Joining a 3rd party is waste of money and pointless. If you want to change something, become active in your local GOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan11 View Post
    This is what I'm talkin about. Right here people. We can easily take over the Republican party with our numbers.
    +1 fight for your constitutional republic from dog catcher to president

kill the banks
    "It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a person stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance." Robert Kennedy

http://scully13.wordpress.com/about men of dark intentions

I say silly to go to the Libertarian party. Easier to change the Republican party from stealth. You cannot educate the people about Libertarians. There is not enough time left for freedom in this country to play this game. WE have to change the game!

Quote Originally Posted by rajibo View Post

Yes, and I imagine the people at the top are getting quite accustomed to large paychecks, paid for by people donating to the party. Nothing changes. Just like the Cato Institute. I used to believe they were fighting for good things, but they don't even support Ron Paul. We must fight from within the current system, and overtake it. It is a game, we just need to find the "cheat codes" (and I am not talking about cheating, talking about we need to find out how to win) which allows you to win the game a little bit easier.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michigan11 View Post
    The Libertarian Party is a diversion setup to do what it's doing. If all of the libertarian's became republicans we wouldn't have such a f'd up party in the first place.
    actually, we left the GOP because it was so f'ed up. Most Libertarians I know used to be Republicans. There's way more dissaffected Republicans in the LP than disaffected Democrats. We (Libertarians) got fed up with being spoon-fed the "small gov't, lower taxes" line from GOP candidates, only to have them not follow thru. We figured that, if I'm going to wind up a loser regardless, I may as well feel good about who I cast my vote for.

Ron Paul running as a Republican changed all that, and future Ron Paul Republicans will probably make a lot of Libertarians rethink their party affiliation.
    ------------------
    carpe libertatum

I would support people from the Ron Paul forums as they run for office or help pay for webhosting services for Ron Paul affiliated websites.

Quote Originally Posted by OptionsTrader View Post
    Party lp.org $5000 Chairman's Circle
    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyUnbound View Post
    You mean like the blimp?
    Last edited by RonPaulFanInGA; 02-06-2008 at 01:43 AM.

My LP dues are still paid and current. (even tho I'm a Registered Republican right now)

No more wasteful than HQs current usage of money. I switched over to the LP when the GOP nominated Shrub in 2000. Even then I knew the GOP had finally given up its soul.

You can be a member of both you know. Ron is still a member of the LP even though he is a Republican. The LP is for purists, and you can sleep well at night when you vote for an LP candidate.

RP needs to plant the seed for a new Party... including libertarians, constitutionalists, and green party...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast