Thread: Alaskans are smart

Alaskans are smart

They know if war breaks out, they are $#@!ed. They would be invaded first. They don't want any part of that $#@!. They are way to close to the east for comfort.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Karr View Post
    They know if war breaks out, they are $#@!ed. They would be invaded first. They don't want any part of that $#@!. They are way to close to the east for comfort.
    oh $#@!, never thought of that

BUT BUT BUT if we dont fight them over there we'll have to fight them here!!!!

Oh I hate that arguement and I agree with you. It would be so easy for them to get in and destroy a city up here before the US would have any time to react. Even worse, if we knew about it and tried to do something, so much of our military is fighting elsewhere and there is no one left to defend us.

If the troops that are down in Korea or in Germany were stationed up here I'd feel much safer knowing that if an aircraft were to try to come within our border they would be intercepted before anything could happen to us.

You think the Russians would invade Alaska?

And here I thought their Navy and Air Force were in far worse shape than ours.

All their Army units won't do much good if they can't transport them across the Bering sea.

I suppose anything is possible though. If I recall this was the scenario in the movie Red Dawn.

Er, this topic is kinda crazy. Our navy would blow the Russians out of the water. Besides, if Russia-USA go to war, we are all $#@!ed cause it would go nuclear.

The Russhkies are the only guys I can imagine who could take over Russia. Any other country, and I think it would be a repeat of Napoleon's march to Moscow...
    "One thing at a time, is my motto - and just play that thing for all it is worth, even if it's only two pair and a jack."
    Mark Twain

# of "undesireables" exterminated by Nazi Germany: 11,000,000. / # of Soviet citizens purged by Stalin: 40-60,000,000. / # of Chinese killed in Mao Tse-Dong's Revolutions: 70-80,000,000. / Living in Freedom: Priceless.

R[ƎVO˩]UTION!

Air superiority is no longer guaranteed for the U.S. as our F-15s are falling out of the sky with fatigue issues and our bombers are decades old.

Any war buffs out there will know exactly what that implies.
    "pledged is as pledged does" -- delegates, that is.

Ron Paul is MY President, no matter what the November election tells me.

I've chosen him as my de jure leader, and as long as he represents the message of freedom, he represents ME

How is Iran going to invade Alaska?
    "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" - JFK

http://www.KnowYourRINO.com

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers." - Thomas Pynchon

“It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong.” - Voltaire.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanelterrible View Post
    Er, this topic is kinda crazy. Our navy would blow the Russians out of the water. Besides, if Russia-USA go to war, we are all $#@!ed cause it would go nuclear.
    QFT!!!!!!!!

that has to be prevented!!!
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

If Mexico invades us, it'll be from underground

Quote Originally Posted by abruzz0 View Post

Mexico will invade by sneaking across and outbreeding us.

I thought there was a military base on Kodiak island. No?

Quote Originally Posted by abruzz0 View Post
    Keep a close eye on the war rattling, saber toothed Canadians next door!

Alright, now this is just silly. Raptors alone guarantee our air superiority, nothing the ruckies have can compete with it (F-15 are going off the frontline these days anyway, and if you think they're falling out of the sky look at the state of Russia's fighter force.) No country has a ghost of a chance invading Alaska, or really any part of the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolah View Post

It's China we should worry about. They got alot of investments in Iran. They would not deny Iran entrance into their air space I do believe. These countries are allready $#@!ed off at us a bit and tired of our BS. If we interupt their trade they will not be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolah View Post
    They don't need to invade. Just launch one missle will do alot of damage to anchorage.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Now that i think about it... It doesnt matter if anyone invades us, we're $#@!ed anyway.

my uncle works on an air force base in King Salmon...they have missile stuff everywhere because we are so close to russia and if any missles come into the U.S. they will come through Alaska...It's easier to go over the top of the world than around it.

Talking

I always thought we should bomb Canada ... they have been pretending to be a real country for long time ... it's a CONSPIRACY!

Futhermore, we should build a nothern border fence there as well to prevent those rampaging British Columbian's. On second thought, if the dollar keeps falling we may have to immigrate.

I hope this smartness translates into votes.
    Expressly Reserving All Liberties
    Grassroots Volunteer: RWVA

Quote Originally Posted by HarryBrowneLives View Post
    I always thought we should bomb Canada ... they have been pretending to be a real country for long time ... it's a CONSPIRACY!

Futhermore, we should build a nothern border fence there as well to prevent those rampaging British Columbian's. On second thought, if the dollar keeps falling we may have to immigrate.
    That wont matter because by then we'd all be NAU anyways. May as well pick a warm climate. I hear boomers are retiring in Mexico.

Wait until Peak Oil in the middle east. IMO Alaska is our insurance and the whole world will be hurting once oil runs out in the middle east. More than enough motive to invade. There's of course many more variables, but from a high high level it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    That wont matter because by then we'd all be NAU anyways. May as well pick a warm climate. I hear boomers are retiring in Mexico.
    They are going to be quite disappointed with that "4 - person home in the suburbs of Mexico City." But It's all their $40mil retirement plan can get them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanelterrible View Post
    Alright, now this is just silly. Raptors alone guarantee our air superiority, nothing the ruckies have can compete with it (F-15 are going off the frontline these days anyway, and if you think they're falling out of the sky look at the state of Russia's fighter force.) No country has a ghost of a chance invading Alaska, or really any part of the United States.
    Not true.

They help to guarantee it, but they aren't everything when it comes to a sustainable air superiority effort. Our tankers are dying, too, for instance. Fighters are just one small part of the whole. Besides, we only purchased enough for a few operational squadrons... then we ran out of dough. The current engagements have taken all of our money and focus. (And the Sukoys should not be underestimated.)

No one country would stand much of a chance...
    "pledged is as pledged does" -- delegates, that is.

Ron Paul is MY President, no matter what the November election tells me.

I've chosen him as my de jure leader, and as long as he represents the message of freedom, he represents ME

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.