Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul Gets 3 National Delegates from WV

Quote Originally Posted by american empire View Post
    no they should have asked for 6...besides I would be sick to my guts for voting for anyone but Ron.....seriously guys in WV ....there is NO compromise in a REVOLUTION..UGHHH....you guys make me sick...
    Huck is a better man than Mitt or McCain. He is in a position of weakness. We gained something, and gave up little. We just narrowed the gap. I say, good move!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You know what happens to people who aren't willing compromise? They LOOSE. They get LEFT OUT.

Every successful Revolution - in order to be won - must have compromises. Otherwise, it is just a "revolution" and will never accomplish anything. Our nation was built upon making compromises in order to accomplish something greater than ourselves. We should continue that tradition and keep THE GREATER FRIGGIN GOOD in mind.
    Mr Zach....

"left out"...hmmm that seems like a familiar position of our movement....debate, polls, artilce and I can go on.....maybe we should have compromised our position to get into those as we "were doing iot for greater good".....that way our message would have been heard....

we should have asked why we were marginalized....then remove that from our message...that way it would get more airtime and articles for paul....thats a compromise

I don't buy that "getting leftout" stuff because that is exactly what has happened in the past year yet we both support Ron.....

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JenH88 View Post
    Are some of you not listening? The Ron Paul supporters HAD TO vote for someone else in the second round because Ron Paul was out, and they HAD TO vote for someone.

Nice play here! We were the only campaign smart enough to work with others and get something out of a "winner take all state".
    Yeah, great working of the system in our favor.

Huck is a better man than Mitt or McCain. He is in a position of weakness. We gained something, and gave up little. We just narrowed the gap. I say, good move!
    \

did we suddenly forget the "lesser of two evils"...isnt that why we support Ron b/c we no longer had to make that choice....

The good thing about this is that the media was starting to make the race look like it was strictly between Mitt and McCain. By getting Huck, plus a couple more delegates for Ron, we are back to no clear front runner. If Ron is not getting first place anywhere, we NEED the rest of the Republican field to be scattered. That way, nobody wins the Republican National Convention in the first round of delegate voting. After that, all the delegates can vote how they want! Those are the people we need to be converting to be Ron Paul supporters.

Need help with the delegate process?

Yo, Tommy! I didn't hear no bell...
    ---Rocky Balboa, after Rocky has been seemingly defeated

Fab's Adventures

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Revered View Post
    We didn't give up anything, we were dropped after the first round and came away with three delegates. YEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAA

\

did we suddenly forget the "lesser of two evils"...isnt that why we support Ron b/c we no longer had to make that choice....
    Dude. Ron Paul won delegates in West Virginia! I do not understand what your complaint is - the fewer delegates Ron Paul has, the less chance he has of securing the nomination. There's nothing else to it.

They didn't caucus FOR Huckabee, they caucused FOR Paul!

It's less delegates for the Mitt and McCain, and it's fifteen delegates wasted with Huckabee.

It's a good move.

Ron Paul Secures Three Delegates in West Virginia State Convention

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

February 5, 2008

ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA – In today’s West Virginia Republican State Convention, Republican candidate Ron Paul’s campaign secured three of the 18 national delegates up for grabs.

“Our goal is to secure as many delegates to the national GOP convention in Minneapolis-St. Paul as possible,” said Ron Paul 2008 campaign manager Lew Moore. “Securing three delegates in West Virginia is an important step in that direction. We plan on locking up more delegates before the day ends.”

In an agreement first reported by West Virginia television station WSAZ, the three Ron Paul delegates were secured through an agreement with the Mike Huckabee campaign.

Ron Paul delegates to the state convention swung their support to Huckabee – putting Huckabee over the top – after Congressman Paul was eliminated in the first round of voting. With three national delegates, Ron Paul secured 20 percent of the 18 delegates that were decided at the State Convention.

Dude. Ron Paul won delegates in West Virginia! I do not understand what your complaint is - the fewer delegates Ron Paul has, the less chance he has of securing the nomination. There's nothing else to it.
    sigh...

I guess its more about principles and the message more than winning....for me

now I know who are the guys who start posting stuff when we lose NH, or Iowa ....like why Ron didn't win ....for you the 3 delegates matter as somehow that will make Ron a win....
    for me its spreading the message and principles that need never to be compromised....

eg after the 3% in florida.....while many blamed the campaign and the voters.....I was so freakin happy..... b/c I saw 60,00 people voting for a message ....now thats what this is about ....everyone is different...if the win win mentality is your game ....goodluck be happy with the three delegates...don't want to be a party pooper...we have got a lot roaming around in the forum....sorry guys for the posts....

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Over on Huckabee's website they are saying they took all 18 delegates.

I can't believe people are complaining. We bumped Huckabee to first which spreads the GOP further apart, and in addition we got 3 delegates. That's a lot better then McCain winning and us getting 0 delegates...

FFS people.

McCain didn't get any of Hucky's delegates for his support?

Okay, good job.

It is a shame to have to do the politics thing like this, but until you get the power to be at the top, you have to play the stupid game. At the top, changes can then be made.
    Carole

"Mr. Chairman, we have in this Country one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Reserve Banks, hereinafter called the Fed. The Fed has cheated the Government of these United States and the people of the United States out of enough money to pay the Nation's debt. The depredations and iniquities of the Fed has cost enough money to pay the National debt several times over. -Cong. Louis McFadden

Right! Originally Ron Paul only had 1.7 or 1.3 (around 10%) delegates, but he was in last place. He had to make a deal with someone and had to vote for someone else since he was in last palce. They chose Huck over Romney and got 3 delegates in return for 17% of the delegates.

Huckabee 15 delegates
    Paul 3 delegates 17%
    Romney 0 delegates
    McCain 0 delegates

Is that close to being correct?
    Carole

"Mr. Chairman, we have in this Country one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Reserve Banks, hereinafter called the Fed. The Fed has cheated the Government of these United States and the people of the United States out of enough money to pay the Nation's debt. The depredations and iniquities of the Fed has cost enough money to pay the National debt several times over. -Cong. Louis McFadden

All 18 has to vote for Huckabee in the first round, then all deals after the first round. But the worst is that Huckabee is just in as McCains man to split up the votes. The only hope for a broken convention was that Romney got enough deegates to keep fighting, the "Ron Paul supporters" stopped that and McCain will probably secure the nomination tonight. Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyen View Post
    All 18 has to vote for Huckabee in the first round, then all deals after the first round. But the worst is that Huckabee is just in as McCains man to split up the votes. The only hope for a broken convention was that Romney got enough deegates to keep fighting, the "Ron Paul supporters" stopped that and McCain will probably secure the nomination tonight. Well done!
    You are right I think about the delegate voting but I think you misinterpret the rest.

The delegates keep both Romney and McCain from getting the needed delegates for a "lock". As far as how Romney will do everywhere else, do you have a crystal ball that you aren't sharing?

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Original_Intent View Post
    You are right I think about the delegate voting but I think you misinterpret the rest.

The delegates keep both Romney and McCain from getting the needed delegates for a "lock". As far as how Romney will do everywhere else, do you have a crystal ball that you aren't sharing?
    Don't need it. Romney will need all delegates to stay in the race, and when we give the delegates to McCain/Huckabee ticket you don't need a crystal ball to understand what will happend.

looks like we gave some to huck and some to romney. maybe in another caucus state we'll give romney a win over huckabee. we have to play this one very carefully for any chance as a repub. I think we despise all of these folks equally in a political sense and must play one off of the other perfectly to win (very thin margins of error).

This is the first example of the Ron Paul bloc being "king maker". It will be harder to argue that Ron Paul does not affect the race, or does not matter, etc.

I'm just glad McInsane didn't win.

The AP is quoting Huck's spokesman as denying a deal. I'm willing to give this a news cycle to settle down, though. There's a lot going on tonight and communication in the campaigns won't be efficient.

Were any of you at the convention

Does anyone have first hand knowledge of the deal? Huckabee is denying it.

well done dumbasses .....now debate me if the 3 delegates were worth it.....ughh

you dimwits gave huckashmuck the momentum....

well done dumbasses .....now debate me if the 3 delegates were worth it.....ughh

you dimwits gave huckashmuck the momentum....
    Isn't the end goal here to try and win an election? You can keep being idealistic and pretend the system doesn't exist or you can work within the system for change. That is what I and my fellow WV Ron Paul supporters did today. What did you do beside bitch and moan about us securing 3 national delegates and keeping McRomney from getting any?

Just my opinion. And for the record, it's just as worthless as yours.

paul revered,aperatti, shed, Mr zach, bruce for ron, rebel resource.........

just watched schmuckabee saying that none of the ron paul and mcaine supporters gave him the 18 delegates...he won all of them...oh he was soooooo smug....and yes he gained a lot of momentum from WV....so guys wtf do you have to say now.....

obviously you will not reply....

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    paul revered,aperatti, shed, Mr zach, bruce for ron, rebel resource.........

just watched schmuckabee saying that none of the ron paul and mcaine supporters gave him the 18 delegates...he won all of them...oh he was soooooo smug....and yes he gained a lot of momentum from WV....so guys wtf do you have to say now.....

obviously you will not reply....
    It doesn't matter what Huckabee says and I personally don't expect the media to cover the intricacies of what happens with the delegates. They haven't in any state yet, and they most definitely won't when it is beneficial to Dr. Paul. Huckabee doesn't have control over the delegates. They are individuals that have been selected. A deal was reached with some of these individuals for them to appoint Ron Paul delegates as alternates. Please, if you don't know what you are talking about, stop wasting peoples' time. If it gave Huckabee momentum, that is still a plus for us. The more divided this race remains, the easier it is to work towards a brokered convention. The media WILL NOT cover Ron Paul in any positive way. We know this much already. As I said before, we need to work within this broken system to change it.

Isn't the end goal here to try and win an election? You can keep being idealistic and pretend the system doesn't exist or you can work within the system for change. That is what I and my fellow WV Ron Paul supporters did today. What did you do beside bitch and moan about us securing 3 national delegates and keeping McRomney from getting any?

Just my opinion. And for the record, it's just as worthless as yours.
    well it pisses me off when I go out and canvass and tell the difference between huckaboo and Ron ....and come back to see idiots have given their support to the idiot....

I was never in this for a win as even an idiot could tell the avg american joe will not get the message of the economy and nonintervention..... its NOT about winning...don't get me wrong ....its having the message conveyed to the Americans....who would have watched "freedom to fascism' before Ron...who would have questioned the media...I would have been called a kook....its the start of a struggle.....and if the three delegates will make a difference by compromising on priniciple then great...

go believing in the brokered convention...sigh when will you realize that paul himself was not in this for the win(yes that it would be good) but what he wanted was ppl to take their head out of their asses....and I am glad a lot have...
    Last edited by american empire; 02-05-2008 at 10:08 PM.

I was there, coordinating the volunteers. The offer was made, Huckabee's WV coordinator told the entire delegation when they upped the offer to 3, he offered to be the third.

It is very possible the Huck camp either doesn't want to admit it since they didn't offer Mccain delegates, or the national didn't know the state people made the offer.

Either way, the offer was made. We didn't trust either one since this is politics, but at least the Huckabee people came and talked to us, Romney guys never came to talk to the actual delegates, just the campaign staff.

The huckabee delegation said the had 2 people registered as national delegates that weren't going to be able to go to MN, and they found a third person.

Campagin staff had nothing to do with the decision, they left it up to us. The vote was unanimous.
    Elkview, WV

well it pisses me off when I go out and canvass and tell the difference between huckaboo and Ron ....and come back to see idiots have given their support to the idiot....

I was never in this for a win as even an idiot could tell the avg american joe will not get the message of the economy and nonintervention..... its NOT about winning...don't get me wrong ....its having the message conveyed to the Americans....who would have watched "freedom to fascism' before Ron...who would have questioned the media...I would have been called a kook....its the start of a struggle.....and if the three delegates will make a difference by compromising on priniciple then great
    Try to understand, this was a caucus style convention, we voted for Paul. We didn't have enough to win.

We could have all walked out, and shut out every WV GOP activist in the state and it would have ruined our chances at getting votes in the next primary. We have another primary in May for 9 more delegates.

It's not about winning, it's about getting the message out, this was the best path to get some sort of representation at the national convention.

And Huckabee people will be easier to convert than Romney people if he drops out before the nationa convention.
    Elkview, WV

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast