Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ron Paul Gets 3 National Delegates from WV

larry white ......even though your arguments are logical I cannot somehow digest the voting for huckabee part....

screw that ....what is important is you worked hard and you did it with the best intentions so thanks....seriously thanks alot....you lose some you win some....

also thanks to all who worked hard in WV...sorry if my posts were derisive

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I was there and I was a delegate and yes, I do find your posts derisive.
    Though I do accept your apology.
    You really did have to be there to understand what was happening. You should also note that we didn't come upon the decision lightly. You are making it sound like we all got together and were like "wanna vote for Huckabee now?" and that is NOT what happened.
    Also to the best of my memory, Romney did make an offer. As I recall the Huck camp offered up 2 votes initially. Then Romney offered up 3 votes and the Huck camp matched it. Then someone (not sure if they were in an "offical" capacity or not) from Romney offered up 5. Then it got ugly. Very ugly. Romney people were standing there SCREAMING that Huckabee was a liar, it was nuts. At that point we moved to a private area and made sure that no one other than Paul delegates and supporters were there. Then discussions opened up. Like I said this didn't happen with two minutes. It took much longer. So much so that I totally missed lunch. It's not like we all switched our Ron Paul t-shirts, buttons and signs to Huckabee... we did what we thought was best for Dr. Paul in the long run.

I missed the Romney people screaming part, I heard the Huck camp's offer of 3 delegates, then someone told me there were Paul delegates out in the main area getting ready to leave, so I ran out there and pulled more in, and by that time the discussion had moved into the closed room.

There's no way those Romney people would have stepped aside for 5 delegates, I just don't see them doing that. Their delegation was the party loyalists, the people that live and breath the GOP, they did not have 5 people ready to tell us they'd step aside, Huckabee did, we met them.

Anyone ever listen to Bob and Tom? The Romney guys are like a whole flock of Kenny Tarmac's.
    Elkview, WV

You guys did great

I am so glad our efforts paid off with 3 delegates from WV. Hopefully the Huckster will not cheat us out of them.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    , then someone told me there were Paul delegates out in the main area getting ready to leave, so I ran out there and pulled more in, and by that time the discussion had moved into the closed room.
    my point was that is not how a revolution works....behind closed doors...let the gop know you are not there silly bitches who will not walk out....havent we seen enough from these sick gop people....huck, romeny, mccaine....they are all the same....walk out and let them know you mean buisness....who cares what they would think of ron paul supporters ....havent they marginalized and snickered at us enough....it seems like your votes were out in the market for the highest bidder to take.....gosh

Quote Originally Posted by american empire View Post
    my point was that is not how a revolution works....behind closed doors...let the gop know you are not there silly bitches who will not walk out....havent we seen enough from these sick gop people....huck, romeny, mccaine....they are all the same....walk out and let them know you mean buisness....who cares what they would think of ron paul supporters ....havent they marginalized and snickered at us enough....it seems like your votes were out in the market for the highest bidder to take.....gosh

Walking out accomplishes nothing, if we had walked out, Romney would have gotten all 18 delegates, and Dr Paul would have gotten 0. We had people coming up to us afterwards, not staff but normal GOP supporters of all campaigns, they were ticked to death that we stuck around for the 2nd vote. We opened many eyes to our message today and broke down many barriers for Ron Paul.

And we gained many allies in the huckabee supporters, if he drops out they may come our way, there's no one else left for them to support.

It wasn't and isn't about Huckabee, it was about getting delegates to the national convention.

And as far as behind closed doors thing, the only time we closed the doors was to discuss amongst ourselves which way to go, the other campaigns made their offers in the hallway in front of everyone who could listen, but we decided for ourselves by ourselves, the Paul campaign did not try to dictate what to do, just summarized the deals and let us vote on what to do.
    Elkview, WV

american empire, just wondering if you were a delegate?
    it should be noted that one guy came to the convention to be a delegate, found out that he didn't get his votes in on time and still stuck around. He hung out at the little get together the night before waiting to talk with all the right people about getting one of the open slots for his county. He then came the day of the convention bright and early and again talked to the right people and about an hour before it started was given the clearance to be a delegate.
    My point is, we were all there together and united. This one guy went above and beyond what many others did (meaning he waited and waited and didn't give up) and in the end was able to be a delegate. What if others had followed suit?
    Don't follow your logic on walking out entirely. To me that makes no point at all, sounds like whining if you ask me. Geeze people say all sorts of things about those of us who support Dr. Paul and somehow you think us all walking out of what was by far the most fair election process I've seen as making the right statement???? Somehow adding crybabies to the list doesn't seem like a good idea. Remember MSM was there and while they didn't give Dr. Paul the time of day, watching us walk out "to let them know we mean business", (while I understand your point) I'm sure isn't how it would have been portrayed.
    Larry is right, we did piss off a bunch of people by staying. It angered them to no end to know that our votes did matter. Keep in mind there were some McCain people who walked out too and I heard what people were saying about them and it wasn't pretty. I had the opportunity to talk with several Huck supporters from my county and none of them would have voted for McCain or Romney, which is pretty big when you think of it. To me if Huck would drop out (which may or may not happen) those people have no where to go. They certainly aren't going to suddenly turn Democrats. I agree we need this revolution but I also think we need to approach it all with the knowledge that this is part of how it is all done. Do I agree with it? No. Do I see how it might help us in the long run? Yes.
    Last edited by mak; 02-06-2008 at 05:47 PM.

Wow - the ROmney people were really ticked about this! The fact that Romney's people didn't negotiate didn't seem to matter.

They have to vote for someone in the second round and it can't be Ron Paul because he was eliminated in the first round. Buy Runescape Gold
    Buy World of Warcraft Gold
    WoW Gold Cheap

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123