Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul Gets 3 National Delegates from WV

Ron Paul Gets 3 National Delegates from WV

www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/019172.html

Ron Paul Gets 3 National Delegates from West Virginia
    Posted by Eric A. Garris at February 5, 2008 01:55 PM

The media is reporting that Huckabee won all 18 delegates at the West Virginia state Republican convention, but...

After Ron Paul's 10% showing on the first convention ballot, his name was dropped out of the running for ballot #2. The Ron Paul people went to Huckabee and made a deal to get 3 of the 18 national delegates in exchange for throwing their votes to Huckabee. On the second ballot, Huckabee got 52%, and Ron Paul gets 3 of his national delegates. Not a bad trade for 10%.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

no they should have asked for 6...besides I would be sick to my guts for voting for anyone but Ron.....seriously guys in WV ....there is NO compromise in a REVOLUTION..UGHHH....you guys make me sick...

Quote Originally Posted by american empire View Post
    no they should have asked for 6...besides I would be sick to my guts for voting for anyone but Ron.....seriously guys in WV ....there is NO compromise in a REVOLUTION..UGHHH....you guys make me sick...
    They have to vote for someone in the second round and it can't be Ron Paul because he was eliminated in the first round.
    We the people are taking back the government one voter at a time.

Wrong.

We need to rack up as many delegates as possible before the convention.

If it comes down between 2 other candidates and Paul has enough to make the difference for who comes out on top, things could get very interesting.

Anyways, 3 delegates is better than 0, especially considering Paul was out in the first round.

They increased their share of the vote by 67% by doing this, if true. Any other strategy would have given them 100% less than their share of the vote. I'd say they did damn good.

There will always be compromise. There were all kinds of compromises in the first American Revolution.

hmm we get 16% of the delegates with only 10% of the vote. pretty nice.

what did the first round numbers look like? it sucks because if ron came in 3rd instead of 4th maybe he would have ended up gettin pushed to the top by the huck voters

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Chester Copperpot

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Grieves View Post
    Wrong.

We need to rack up as many delegates as possible before the convention.

If it comes down between 2 other candidates and Paul has enough to make the difference for who comes out on top, things could get very interesting.

Anyways, 3 delegates is better than 0, especially considering Paul was out in the first round.
    +3

So does this mean that Paul technically got 2nd place???

The way I figure it...

Huckabee 15 delegates
    Paul 3 delegates
    Romney 0 delegates
    McStain 0 delegates

Hmm, Don't worry guys, I'm sure the LSM is already reporting on it like this.

Delegates = good! DO IT! Too bad Huckabee won the rest, though.

yes and keep dreaming the GOP would let Ron be their nominee...but thats a seperate discussion....don't you see where this will go....

now "people" will think the Christian candidate who is against the IRS and "can win"...is huckabee....thats going to take a lot of our vote bank....

you talk of compromises....I would then vote for a democrat over republican b/c they will atleast get some of our troops out of Iraq....unlike the republicans....but I am NOT going to do that b/c I will back Ron AND HIS MESSAGE ....even if Ron doesnt go third party.....so if you want to get corrupted and vote for these compromises.... just b/c 3 delegates you compromise your principles and vote for a shill....great ...but its sickening ....

If what the OP is saying is true, and if I'm understanding it properly, Ron got 10% of the vote, but 16% of the delegates. That means he got 3 delegates more than McCain and Romney, who got 0, even though they got more votes than he did.

If this is the case, your comment is senseless, and this was a great victory for WV and all Ron Paul supporters.

If what the OP is saying is true, and if I'm understanding it properly, Ron got 10% of the vote, but 16% of the delegates. That means he got 3 delegates more than McCain and Romney, who got 0, even though they got more votes than he did.

If this is the case, your comment is senseless, and this was a great victory for WV and all Ron Paul supporters.

This is how you DO politics. If you choose to do politics, then do it. Good move.

If this is the case, your comment is senseless, and this was a great victory for WV, Ron Paul supporters everywhere, and ultimately, the entire country and the world.
    do you even know what the ron paul vote bank is...huckabee and paul have almost the similar voters....go open cnn and watch huckabee on situation room gloating to his "win".....that freakin takes votes around the country away from us b/c huckabee is a "winner" ....we were not even competing for neo con cfr votes from mcaine and romney.....

if you go out and canvas which I assume you have...then you would know the people who are open to Ron's message....be happy with the 3 delegates...maybe they would go to the national convention and vote for huckabee too when there are not enough delegates for ROn....

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    On the hannity show, he claims that Huckaby only won because of McCain throwing his backers to his side. He obviously wouldn't even mention Dr. Paul's name. At least Hannity really hates McCain. His only positive attribute.

Either way, 3 delegates is 3 delegates.

Congrats to the Huckaby camp, whoever that might be.

Awesome agreement. We got one-sixth of the delegates for one tenth of the vote.

Chill

yes and keep dreaming the GOP would let Ron be their nominee...but thats a seperate discussion....don't you see where this will go....

now "people" will think the Christian candidate who is against the IRS and "can win"...is huckabee....thats going to take a lot of our vote bank....

you talk of compromises....I would then vote for a democrat over republican b/c they will atleast get some of our troops out of Iraq....unlike the republicans....but I am NOT going to do that b/c I will back Ron AND HIS MESSAGE ....even if Ron doesnt go third party.....so if you want to get corrupted and vote for these compromises.... just b/c 3 delegates you compromise your principles and vote for a shill....great ...but its sickening ....
    Dude - It's the way it currently works, like it or not you have to live with it now! Change it later if you're so inclined.

This is how you DO politics. If you choose to do politics, then do it. Good move.
    so why do we have the Revolution banner....if you want to do politics asusual....

then maybe Ron should have assumed a neo con agenda through the primaries.....and then eventually when he would become president change his position to his current one ...that way we would "win".....thats doing politics.....

maybe the "Revolution" is similar to Obama'[s "Change"......

Quote Originally Posted by Jesubub View Post
    www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/019172.html

Ron Paul Gets 3 National Delegates from West Virginia
    Posted by Eric A. Garris at February 5, 2008 01:55 PM

The media is reporting that Huckabee won all 18 delegates at the West Virginia state Republican convention, but...

After Ron Paul's 10% showing on the first convention ballot, his name was dropped out of the running for ballot #2. The Ron Paul people went to Huckabee and made a deal to get 3 of the 18 national delegates in exchange for throwing their votes to Huckabee. On the second ballot, Huckabee got 52%, and Ron Paul gets 3 of his national delegates. Not a bad trade for 10%.
    What a bizarre voting system we have in this country.

Being a Republican is itself a compromise. If I went full no compromise, then I'd refuse to even participate in the Republican Primaries.

Need help with the delegate process?

Yo, Tommy! I didn't hear no bell...
    ---Rocky Balboa, after Rocky has been seemingly defeated

Fab's Adventures

so why do we have the Revolution banner....if you want to do politics asusual....

then maybe Ron should have assumed a neo con agenda through the primaries.....and then eventually when he would become president change his position to his current one ...that way we would "win".....thats doing politics.....

maybe the "Revolution" is similar to Obama'[s "Change"......
    The hell are you talking about?
    EBOOKS !!!!
    For free ebooks, let me know which topics you'd like...

rebelresource@gmail.com, no PMs please

1. Economic collapse ... 6. Banking system
    2. 9/11 investigation ... 7. North American Union
    3. Global warming ........ 8. Imperial interventions
    4. Corporatism .............. 9. Palestine/Israel
    5. Fascism ......................10. Adam Smith

“In some parts of the world, people never ask, ‘what can
    we do?’ They simply do it.” -Chomsky

The hell are you talking about?
    sir..its not rocket science...

what I mean is Ron could have
    pandered to the christian block and say stuff like huckabee
    say he would keep the troops in Iraq
    say he would go after Iran b/c they are evil

he would be a blowout in the GOP....

but when he would become president he would do all the policies that he actually supported ...non intervention

that way it would be politics ausual
    ...and we would win...

the purpose of our "revolution"....is that we will bring about change by breaking the status quo.....if we wanted change with status quo....thats Obama "change'...not a Ron Paul Revolution....or please tell me that is NOT what the revolution is about.....

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Are some of you not listening? The Ron Paul supporters HAD TO vote for someone else in the second round because Ron Paul was out, and they HAD TO vote for someone.

Nice play here! We were the only campaign smart enough to work with others and get something out of a "winner take all state".

American Empire:

Imagine what this does to Romney and McCain if this trend continues into other states. There will be times where Huckabee comes to our side to add a few extra delegates and viceversa.

The more delegates we gain the better we will be. The more support the efforts will get. The more money that will be raised.

We need recognition and the way to do this is to get delegates. Its politics. Its NOT compromising the positions and the vision that this movement and Ron Paul has for America. It is NOT hypocritical so please relax and try to understand.

Thats great news. We can afford for huckabee to get some lead with mcain and romney fighting

Are some of you not listening? The Ron Paul supporters HAD TO vote for someone else in the second round because Ron Paul was out, and they HAD TO vote for someone.

Nice play here! We were the only campaign smart enough to work with others and get something out of a "winner take all state".
    thanks for clearing that up....

I am giving my personal opinion....and people don't need to agree....but what if someone DOESN'T want to vote for anyone else....you CANNOT force anyone.....

Angry Are you JOKING????

No compromise in a Revolution? Are you friggin serious????

The Declaration of Independence was full of "compromises" made by the brilliant minds the helped draft it. The very Constitution of the United States was full of compromises just to get it ratified! Same goes for the Articles of Confederation.

You know what happens to people who aren't willing compromise? They LOOSE. They get LEFT OUT.

Every successful Revolution - in order to be won - must have compromises. Otherwise, it is just a "revolution" and will never accomplish anything. Our nation was built upon making compromises in order to accomplish something greater than ourselves. We should continue that tradition and keep THE GREATER FRIGGIN GOOD in mind.

Imagine what this does to Romney and McCain if this trend continues into other states. There will be times where Huckabee comes to our side to add a few extra delegates and viceversa.

The more delegates we gain the better we will be. The more support the efforts will get. The more money that will be raised.

We need recognition and the way to do this is to get delegates. Its politics. Its NOT compromising the positions and the vision that this movement and Ron Paul has for America. It is NOT hypocritical so please relax and try to understand.
    bruce I understand what you are saying and it does make sense....don't get me wrong....

but we are in this alone....where will Huckabee support us?...please elaborate...you do realize we have been marginalized for the past year ...who came to our help except we the Ron Paul supporters by hanging in together.....

but its a matter of opinion...yours and mine differ....so its ok...no biggi

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast