Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HUCK wins West Virginia convention

HUCK wins West Virginia convention

title says it.

after the second round of the convention, Huck won.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    he should send a thank you letter to the ron paul folks for this win.
    "Aggressive wars, income taxes, national IDs, domestic spying, torture regimes, secret prisons, Federal Reserve manipulation -- we don't have to take it any more." -- Ron Paul, Sept 27, 2007

No, I don't think so. Where are your sources? Huckleberry did not win WV.
    U.S. Marine for Ron Paul
    Defend the Constitution
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate

Google "Hanoi McCain"

Everybody is saying this is going to be easy for McCain this shows it won't be, he got wasted in this state.

Mike - 524
    John - 11
    Mitt - 479
    Last edited by ProBlue33; 02-05-2008 at 01:19 PM.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/pri...ults/state/#WV

West Virginia

Updated 1 minute ago
    100% reporting

Huckabee 567 52% 0
    Romney 521 47% 0
    McCain 12 1% 0
    Giuliani 0 0% 0
    Paul 0 0% 0
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Its streaming here:
    mms://a607.l2156158271.c21561.n.lm.akamaistream.net/D/607/21561/v0001/reflector:58271

Huckabee appears to have won in the second round of voting. What he won, i have no idea, but he appears to have gotten over 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by ProBlue33 View Post
    Everybody is saying this is going to be easy for McCain this shows it won't be, he got wasted in this state.
    hey dumb dumb.. this state shouldve gone to MITT.. McCain and huckster are teaming up .. take the blinders off

This is not good for us

They are still deciding if it is close enough to go to Round 3 with Huckabee v. Romney, or if he has enough of the vote to call it on this round...
    ---
    "There isn't a person anywhere that isn't capable of doing more than he thinks he can." - Henry Ford
    Adam Franklin
    www.youtube.com/frankdogg
    ---

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jebba View Post
    Its streaming here:
    mms://a607.l2156158271.c21561.n.lm.akamaistream.net/D/607/21561/v0001/reflector:58271

Huckabee appears to have won in the second round of voting. What he won, i have no idea, but he appears to have gotten over 50%.
    he wins most the state delegates. there are 9 more up for grabs in a primary later in May i think.

Quote Originally Posted by sharedvoice View Post
    No, I don't think so. Where are your sources? Huckleberry did not win WV.
    Yes he did.. I just saw the WV caucus live via the WV board. They had a link there to see it live

I saw the counting myself. Huck won

Just announced that he won on MSNBC

http://www.wsaz.com/political/misc/15267036.html

# He told wsazs amanda barren that he was heading home to arkansas to vote 4 minutes ago
    # Huckabee is not here to accept 5 minutes ago
    # They will tally the votes and hucks people will speak 7 minutes ago
    # Mccain is definitely out now 9 minutes ago
    # Supporters say they did the math and huck will win wv 15 minutes ago
    # Romney takes kanawha 20 minutes ago
    # Through 10 counties it is obvious mccain is out after this round 21 minutes ago
    # Huck gets cabell 24 minutes ago
    # Boone goes huck 25 minutes ago
    # 2nd round now 25 minutes ago
    # The strategy is this: mccain helps huckabee win and stops romney from getting an early win on super tuesday 27 minutes ago
    # Those folks hid the signs when we tried to get video 36 minutes ago
    # Mccain staff members have signs telling their delegates to vote Huckabee now 37 minutes ago
    # We are back from lunch and ready to go 40 minutes ago
    # Paul is eliminated as the lowest vote getter about an hour ago
    ‎"dancing... is a healthy exercise, elegant and very attractive..." ~ Thomas Jefferson, March 14, 1818

They hate us for our policies, not our freedoms.

http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/...a_intrigue.php

Yeah - McCain pulled that one from Romney on purpose.

And the Paul people helped him out.

West Virginia Intrigue

05 Feb 2008 01:42 pm

After the first round of balloting in West Virginia, Mitt Romney was solidly in the lead with 41% of the votes, followed by Mike Huckabee with 33% and John McCain with 16%.

Since 50% is needed to win all 18 delegates, a second balloting is underway.

But sources say that representatives for John McCain called many of his reps in WV and asked them to vote for Huckabee...in order to thwart Romney on the second ballot.
    Become a Revolutioni.st! Support the DIRIGIBLEST CANDIDATE! And stop the Slander!

Is this good for us or bad for us? And will this keep Huck from dropping out?
    CNN = Communist News Network

Quote Originally Posted by wfd40 View Post
    hey dumb dumb.. this state shouldve gone to MITT.. McCain and huckster are teaming up .. take the blinders off

This is not good for us
    I fail to see how Romney winning in WV would have been any better.
    "If you you can amputate my heart
    Then I will learn to smile and then
    You can replace me with yourself
    And I'll become the model citizen
    And I will tell them all
    That I had this breakthrough surgery
    They give you a pill
    Then remove your heart
    And replace it with a battery."

Now WV's remaining 9 delegates go to the primary winner by district.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalash View Post
    http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/...a_intrigue.php

Yeah - McCain pulled that one from Romney on purpose.

And the Paul people helped him out.
    WHERE THE $#@! IS THE GUIDANCE FROM HQ?? Should the votes go to Romney or Huckabee in these sorts of situations??? God damn it

Quote Originally Posted by jaumen View Post
    I fail to see how Romney winning in WV would have been any better.
    Because McCain is approaching this like a two horse race.

Quote Originally Posted by wfd40 View Post

This is not good for us
    they want so badly Ron Paul out .

no.
    loyal to liberty

If I was a Paul delegate I would have voted for anybody but Romney as well. Good for them.

It looks like Huckabee won with more than 51% of the vote.

A vote for McCain/Huckabee can never be good.

Paul delegates were eliminated in the 1st round.
    "Instead of the “end of history,” we are now experiencing the end of a vocal limited-government movement in our nation’s capital. While most conservatives no longer defend balanced budgets and reduced spending, most liberals have grown lazy in defending civil liberties and now are approving wars that we initiate. The so-called “third way” has arrived and, sadly, it has taken the worst of what the conservatives and liberals have to offer." -Ron Paul

.. and when Huck drops out to be McCains VP the delegates he won will mosey on over to McCain. How nice.

We're screwed... it's time for a 3rd party run with new campaign managers who know how to advertise on TV on a national scale. We've got the signs, we've got the web sites, we've got loads of TV ads already, we've got 17,000 precinct leaders, etc.. etc... time to get busy.
    NC doesn't need ThomTillis as the Republican nominee for US Senate.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My friends, this is how a brokered convention would work and this is why all of you who think Paul can win one are delusional. Deals will be made, delegates will shift candidates, and they won't go in Ron Paul's favor.
    "Instead of the “end of history,” we are now experiencing the end of a vocal limited-government movement in our nation’s capital. While most conservatives no longer defend balanced budgets and reduced spending, most liberals have grown lazy in defending civil liberties and now are approving wars that we initiate. The so-called “third way” has arrived and, sadly, it has taken the worst of what the conservatives and liberals have to offer." -Ron Paul

"Michael wooten just confirmed with ron pauls people that paul will get three national delegates from huckabee in exchange for throwing his wv support to"

# Romneys people want a roll call vote now 5 minutes ago
    # huck in this 2nd round 9 minutes ago
    # Michael wooten just confirmed with ron pauls people that paul will get three national delegates from huckabee in exchange for throwing h ... 9 minutes ago
    # He told wsazs amanda barren that he was heading home to arkansas to vote 21 minutes ago

http://www.wsaz.com/political/misc/15267036.html
    ‎"dancing... is a healthy exercise, elegant and very attractive..." ~ Thomas Jefferson, March 14, 1818

They hate us for our policies, not our freedoms.

If there's a brokered convention, McCain/Huckabee has to be considered to be 1 candidate because they will join together in the end. So for there to be a brokered convention, Romney has to do well and RP has to do well. Therefore, it would have been better for Romney to win West Virginia than Huckabee.

Quote Originally Posted by gaazn View Post
    If there's a brokered convention, McCain/Huckabee has to be considered to be 1 candidate because they will join together in the end. So for there to be a brokered convention, Romney has to do well and RP has to do well. Therefore, it would have been better for Romney to win West Virginia than Huckabee.
    No, no no

Stop being so.. one sided.

This is about WV. Huck will probably give McCain 4 delegates or more for this defection. The whole point is that deals were made and we didn't get involved in them. Brokered conventions will require us to get involved with this.

See, McCain's camp saw the writing on the wall, and swung a deal where McCain's closest competitor got NOTHING and McCain will get something.

I mean, think about it. If Huck's giving us three for defecting to him, how many do you think McCain got out of him?

This type of stuff doesn't mean McCain loves Huck.. or that Huck will be McCain's VP.. or that it will even be repeated again. It just means they made a deal.

In the 2nd round...

It looks like 164 of 176 McCain supporters went for Huckabee and 28 of 118 Ron Paul supporters went for Huckabee.

It also looks like 57 Ron Paul supporters went for Romney and another 33 Ron Paul supporters walked out.

I would've walked or gone with Romney, but this is probably the best outcome other than a win.
    Philosphy of Liberty

Precinct Captain - Park Township, MI (P5)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast