Thread: Message From Ken Lindell

Message From Ken Lindell

This was sent out in an email just now, and I wanted to make sure everyone saw it.

Dear grassroots Ron Paul supporters:

It has come to my attention that the Maine State Republican party is being
    flooded with calls from around the country, complaining about the results of
    the presidential preference poll conducted at the caucuses held around Maine
    last weekend. I am asking all of you to PLEASE STOP these calls and
    e-mails. They are hurting the Maine Ron Paul campaign and are mostly
    without merit.

Here are the important facts that you need to know:

· We have independently verified that Ron Paul came in a close third
    in the Presidential preference poll with about 18% of the vote. There is no
    significant discrepancy between the numbers reported by the Maine GOP and
    those reported by our precinct leaders.

· Nobody is sitting on any results. The reason that only 70% of
    precincts are reporting is that the law allows each municipality to schedule
    its own caucus up until March 20th of every even numbered year. Those
    municipalities that have not reported have not caucused yet, and might not
    do so at all. Since all of the big cities and towns have already caucused,
    the 30% that have not represent less than 10% of the potential vote.

· Ron Paul did very well in Maine, and our campaign has been treated
    very fairly by the Republican establishment in Maine. Ron Paul's vote total
    in the preference poll was the highest we have seen in any caucus or primary
    so far. We also picked up many delegates. We estimate that we came in well
    above John McCain in the delegate count.

Please stop calling and e-mailing the Maine Republican Party. The Maine GOP
    has a small number of staff and they have been very fair with us. We need
    to maintain good relations with the party staff and leadership going into
    the State convention on May 2nd if we want to have a chance to elect Ron
    Paul delegates to the national Republican convention. Rude and
    disrespectful calls from Paul supporters are a reflection on the Paul
    campaign and they damage our chance to build on the hard work we did in
    Maine to win delegates at the caucuses.

Yours Sincerely,

Ken Lindell

Maine Coordinator

Ron Paul 2008 PCC
    I act as one, but I'm not alone. ~ Jimmy Eat World, "Electable"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    +1

I for one have more pressing issues than badgering the Maine GOP.

Definetly needs to be sticky

I agree but people do that when they are kept in the dark. We need more communication especially on these primaries that are weird.
    Ron Paul For President 2008!
    Setting a good example is a far better way to spread ideals than through force of arms.-Ron Paul
    Christianity-It's a RELATIONSHIP not a RELIGION.

Quote Originally Posted by allyinoh View Post
    I agree but people do that when they are kept in the dark. We need more communication especially on these primaries that are weird.
    Good point. This should have been part of the press release.
    The Montana Revolution
    http://montanarevolution.org

Bump

Thank you for keeping us informed. I will spread the news.

bump
    If God himself got off his throne, descended from the heavens, trumpetted at my door, and announced that I was wasting my time trying to get Ron Paul into the Whitehouse, I would thank him for his concern and ask him to leave me to my business. I've wasted lots of time on far less noble causes. ~RockEnds

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by allyinoh View Post
    I agree we need more info, but unless you have a legitimate, specific complaint with solid evidence, it's best not to call and harass the GOP staffers in any state. The funny thing about politics is that it's political -- Rule #1 is don't needlessly piss anyone off, especially if you need their support to get your candidate elected.

Well, this IS the state that felt some counties didn't FEEL they needed to call in results. Their state GOP failed in explaining the process somewhere.

Bump for Sticky Status...
    "We hear about constitutional rights, free speech and the free press. Every time I hear these words I say to myself, That man is a Red, that man is a Communist. You never hear a real American talk like that" -- Frank "I Am The Law" Hague, Mayor of Jersey City 1917-1947

Man...people gotta chill!!!
    I'm a RP supporter and I'm even getting sick of RP supporters!!

Unfortunatly its all the out of staters who are calling up the Maine GOP for the results to the MEANINGLESS straw poll....LET IT GO

C'mon now, we still have to live here and go to the convention with these folks.
    "We hear about constitutional rights, free speech and the free press. Every time I hear these words I say to myself, That man is a Red, that man is a Communist. You never hear a real American talk like that" -- Frank "I Am The Law" Hague, Mayor of Jersey City 1917-1947

I think this type of problem of rabid supporters harassing people via email and on the phone/fax is one of the root causes of the MSM blackout. The legions of RP whackos became a cost burden on the MSM essentially shooting themselves in the foot.

I don't know why someone from outside of Maine would feel they could accomplish anything positive by calling the Maine GOP.

Quote Originally Posted by subdefective View Post
    This was sent out in an email just now, and I wanted to make sure everyone saw it.

I The reason that only 70% of precincts are reporting is that the law allows each municipality to schedule its own caucus up until March 20th of every even numbered year. Those municipalities that have not reported have not caucused yet, and might not do so at all. Since all of the big cities and towns have already caucused, the 30% that have not represent less than 10% of the potential vote.

Ken Lindell

Maine Coordinator Ron Paul 2008 PCC
    Is this the 21st Century we live in today? Oh wait, why bother holding a CAUCUS on a certain date THEN?

Hey Maine, why not hold a Caucus on every 5th Friday of the month... with cities/towns beginning with Consonants voting in the EVEN months and Cities/Towns beginning with Vowels voting in the ODD months. Then Maine delivers the collected votes by PONY EXPRESS from each and every town and tallied on Bush's Kennabunkport, ME estate, during LEAP YEARS!

note: SARCASM laid on pretty thick...
    Another example of WHY this country is full of MORONS
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 02-06-2008 at 02:37 PM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    Is this the 21st Century we live in today? Is Maine still delivery votes by PONY EXPRESS? Oh wait, why bother holding a CAUCUS on a certain date?

Hey Maine, why not hold a Caucus on every 5th Friday of the month... with cities/towns beginning with Consonants voting in the EVEN months and Cities/Towns beginning with Vowels voting in the ODD months. Then Maine delivers the collect votes by PONY EXPRESS from each and every town and tallied on Bush's Kennabunkport, ME estate, during LEAP YEARS!

Hey Hollywood:

Suck my Caucus.

I'm heartened to see that what the MSM likes to portray as a well-oiled machine is actually a bunch of people who are only marginally more informed than the rest of us schmucks.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    Is this the 21st Century we live in today? Oh wait, why bother holding a CAUCUS on a certain date THEN?

Hey Maine, why not hold a Caucus on every 5th Friday of the month... with cities/towns beginning with Consonants voting in the EVEN months and Cities/Towns beginning with Vowels voting in the ODD months. Then Maine delivers the collected votes by PONY EXPRESS from each and every town and tallied on Bush's Kennabunkport, ME estate, during LEAP YEARS!

So if the cities and towns get to vote, what about the Plantations?

And, this is Maine now, and everyone up here knows that the votes don't come in by Pony Express, they come in by MOOSE

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by CGMike View Post
    So if the cities and towns get to vote, what about the Plantations?

And, this is Maine now, and everyone up here knows that the votes don't come in by Pony Express, they come in by MOOSE
    GO BLACK BEARS~!
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Whats going on in Maine??? Watch for yourself! They are fighting bureaucratic red tape and plain BS!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=inxjjBJhel4

http://http://youtube.com/watch?v=fGyY7u9dwwQ
    Last edited by dustup; 02-07-2008 at 09:58 PM.
    "More than anything, our federal government should stop deluding us that more government is the answer. We have far more to fear from an unaccountable government at home than from any foreign terrorist." by Ron Paul

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul200.html

another vintage thread now read in terms of the linked to article... in the thread by "change"