Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alaskan results will be posted at

Alaskan results will be posted at

Results from the Alaska Primaries will be posted at http://news.aol.com/elections/primary/state/ak

Just thought I'd let you guys know. Polls close at 12.30PM EST with results hopefully coming in shortly after.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That site is already showing the Democrats' results. Nothing on the Republicans yet.

Quote Originally Posted by stephensmith View Post
    That site is already showing the Democrats' results. Nothing on the Republicans yet.
    Same on CNN's site

I think it is funny how they left Romney's picture off on the Republican leaders chart.

It does seem pretty fishy that they did. Sort of strange how they are holding the results too. Like as if they know RP won and are fixing the totals now to make it look real.

Ron Paul is going to win!

Alaska is about four hours behind Eastern time zone. They did not caucus until 6:30pm I think.

Not positive, but I believe this to be true. so it is way too early.
    Carole

"Mr. Chairman, we have in this Country one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Reserve Banks, hereinafter called the Fed. The Fed has cheated the Government of these United States and the people of the United States out of enough money to pay the Nation's debt. The depredations and iniquities of the Fed has cost enough money to pay the National debt several times over. -Cong. Louis McFadden

Seems pretty fishy the democrat votes are being counted already and the Republican votes are not.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Staying awake and waiting for alaska is getting to me.... gonna have to sleep soon.

keep positive!!!
    "Liberty is always freedom from the government" -Ludwig Von Mises

------------------------------------------------

www.jigsawindexing.com

http://aboardmadrigal.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    I think it is funny how they left Romney's picture off on the Republican leaders chart.
    They are fixing it for Mccain

Quote Originally Posted by VoteForRonPaul View Post
    They are fixing it for Mccain
    Oh yeah, I forgot they had to do that. No wonder it takes so much longer to get the results.

We still have some waiting to do it seems...

http://community.adn.com/adn/node/117145

Done at Egan Center
    Posted by Alaska_Politics
    Posted: February 5, 2008 - 8:46 pm
    From Sean Cockerham back in the newsroom --

The Republican polls have closed and we're just waiting for the results.

The party says 90 percent of the results should be available in the next hour or so.

Quote Originally Posted by mantasmatron View Post
    We still have some waiting to do it seems...

http://community.adn.com/adn/node/117145

Done at Egan Center
    Posted: February 5, 2008 - 8:46 pm
    From Sean Cockerham back in the newsroom --

The Republican polls have closed and we're just waiting for the results.

The party says 90 percent of the results should be available in the next hour or so.
    I wonder why they can't give the results as they come in. At least that way it would look more like they were being honest.

I voted today in District 14. There was a 45 min line. Plus they will have to hand count the ballots. I think it might take a while. Polls close at 8:30 + 45 min line. 9:15 PM Just to get everyone in.

BUT, I think Ron Paul will win. In the last 6 months I have only seen RON PAUL signs ppl! Plus, of the people who said whom they support out loud, I only heard Ron Pauls name.

If Ron Paul wins in Alaska, I'm moving there.

Quote Originally Posted by bbachtung View Post
    If Ron Paul wins in Alaska, I'm moving there.
    If Ron Paul wins Alaska I think there will be slight population boom there. Perfect place to start our own country.

Except the US would invade us for the oil reserves.
    "Liberty is always freedom from the government" -Ludwig Von Mises

------------------------------------------------

www.jigsawindexing.com

http://aboardmadrigal.blogspot.com/

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by boethius27 View Post
    If Ron Paul wins Alaska I think there will be slight population boom there. Perfect place to start our own country.

Except the US would invade us for the oil reserves.
    That is when we surrender and let them give us all kinds of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    That is when we surrender and let them give us all kinds of money.

All welcome!

I suppose RP won, seeing they're "having problems" at the close of caucus. Just like Louisiana.

Unofficial entrance poll shows Romney ahead...

http://ktuu.com/Global/story.asp?S=7828365

Republican entrance polls show Romney in lead
    by Channel 2 News staff
    Tuesday, Feb. 5, 2008

ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- Unscientific entrance polls conducted by Channel 2 News indicate that Mitt Romney may hold an edge tonight in the Alaska Republican preference polls here in Anchorage.

Of 339 registered voters, 163 claimed to support Romney, while 88 supported Ron Paul.

Further, 54 voters intend to support Mike Huckabee and 34 support McCain.

Return to www.KTUU.com for continuing coverage of the Alaska presidential nominating contests.

I have several friends in Alaska. They are saying that there was a good turn out of RP supporters. I've heard that before, but comming from both the very small and bigger cities. Its giving me a little more hope.

Woo Hooo 69th post. Any takers on a 69 celebration (must be fit - 21 or under and into doggy)

The delay is very very telling.

Is AK winner take all or proportional delegates?

Quote Originally Posted by sherpah23 View Post
    I have several friends in Alaska. They are saying that there was a good turn out of RP supporters. I've heard that before, but comming from both the very small and bigger cities. Its giving me a little more hope.

Woo Hooo 69th post. Any takers on a 69 celebration (must be fit - 21 or under and into doggy)

wtf?????

lol

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://community.adn.com/adn/node/117152

Republicans: Romney leads in early results
    Posted: February 5, 2008 - 9:45 pm
    With 11 of 40 districts reporting statewide, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney is leading in Republican preferential voting, according to a spreadsheet just e-mailed out by the party.

Of 3013 ballots counted so far, Romney has 52.4 percent of the delegates, followed by former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee with 31.6 percent, Rep. Ron Paul and, each with 27.6 percent, and Sen. John McCain with 27.2 percent.

Party Chairman Randy Ruedrich says in an e-mail that turnout "exceeded all expectations."

With 11 of 40 districts reporting statewide, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney is leading in Republican preferential voting, according to a spreadsheet just e-mailed out by the party.

Of 3013 ballots counted so far, Romney has 52.4 percent of the delegates, followed by former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee with 31.6 percent, Rep. Ron Paul and, each with 27.6 percent, and Sen. John McCain with 27.2 percent.

Party Chairman Randy Ruedrich says in an e-mail that turnout "exceeded all expectations."

Am I reading this wrong?
    Romney 52%
    Huckabee 31%
    Paul 27%
    McCain 27%

Thats way too many percents.

138.8% turnout... yeah, that would have exceeded my expectations too.
    Precinct Captain, Los Angeles
    Ron Paul Republican

The good Doctor's faith in the marketplace of ideas is being severely tested by this undertaking.

52.4% + 31.6% + 27.6% + 27.2% = 138.8% of the vote

Those aren't percentages. Read the original article, people.

Ok and how do those delegates turn into the 26 Delegates that are awarded?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast