Thread: What's up with Bill Maher

What's up with Bill Maher

He clearly supported Ron Paul before, but now the last few shows of his he hasn't mentioned him. He donated to John Edwards, not Ron Paul.

Also, right now he is on Larry King Live and hasn't mentioned him. There was even a question asking "Which candidate will be best for the economy" and still no mention of Dr. Paul. What's going on?

Ok, and now I'm more pissed off. lol. A Ron supporter just called in and is probably the first person to let people watching the mainstream media know that Ron Paul came in second in Maine. BUT Bill took this and somehow started talking about Obama and Hilary instead. What?! Has Bill Maher of all people been drinking the kool-aid now too?
    Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 02-04-2008 at 11:53 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Sellout

I'm not too fond of Bill Maher but I always respected his honesty, until now. He used to be in favor of Ron Paul and not one mention. A guy even had a question containing Ron Paul and completely ignored the Ron Paul bit.

I'm actually a Maher fan, but this has even me going wtf. Maybe he does support Paul's stances, but he obviously hasn't been paying much attention to the details since he said he didn't even know Maine had a caucus.

he was prob told to never mention ron paul again on his show or any tv interviews

Bill is still a liberal. He agrees with RP on foreign policy but thats it. His job is not to boost a conservative.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Bill is very much a Libratarian though. He is with Ron on other issues too. Especially things like the war on drugs.

I remember him being a big Nader supporter as well.

Quote Originally Posted by smartguy911 View Post
    he was prob told to never mention ron paul again on his show or any tv interviews
    This is my guess.

I've been a fan of Bill's for years now. While his lack of Ron Paul chat truly shocks me, I'm not surprised by his support of Edwards. John Edwards made a few appearances on "Real Time" during his post Katrina efforts. I actually gained a bit of respect for Mr. Edwards during those appearences.
    Keep in mind that Bill Maher has already been taken off the air for not listening to his producers, so if they told him to stop mentioning Dr Paul he probably would.

Maher Love on Luntz is Sick, Sad

I noticed this too and it was disconcerting... what really was hard to swallow was Maher kissing Frank Luntz' fat ass as a special guest...

Luntz and Fox attempt to anoint Fred Thompson here:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=tc5zykDT0PU

But you used to be able to rely on Maher as being ahead of or separate from the spoon feeding pundocracy... not so on last week's installment... he squarely lined up and kissed Luntz' ass... kept touching him to (much to the chagrin of Luntz, it was kinda funny)...

Here's the clip:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=7SO1zpsMrHw

To your point... Maher can even be gotten to. When you are talking about taking out the wobbly mythical legs of a central banking dynasty and all the graft that comes with it... things have not turned out so well for those that support such truth... back down Maher if you want to keep making fun of one of our two party puppets... kiss the Luntz ring and move along.

But Hannity's fortune telling in the first clip is classic... "Anyone, with the exception of Ron Paul, can win this race. " (chuckles in the background)

There were 11 and now there are 4.
    Soon to be 3 Sean.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmink15 View Post
    This is my guess.

I've been a fan of Bill's for years now. While his lack of Ron Paul chat truly shocks me, I'm not surprised by his support of Edwards. John Edwards made a few appearances on "Real Time" during his post Katrina efforts. I actually gained a bit of respect for Mr. Edwards during those appearences.
    Keep in mind that Bill Maher has already been taken off the air for not listening to his producers, so if they told him to stop mentioning Dr Paul he probably would.
    That's what I'm guessing as well because he is usually very upfront about his support of candidates and if he wasn't going to be allowed to support Ron Paul, Edwards would definitely be his next choice. Last season on his show, he was a big Paul supporter, but this season it's like Paul doesn't exist. I'm a big fan of Maher's and this is unusual of him. So I have to suspect something is going on behind the scenes.

I'm kinda tempted to try to go on his show as an audience member and see if they are actively screening for Ron Paul supporters because usually Paul supporters are in his audience and his audience is quite vocal - if Paul supporters had been there, we should have heard them in the background of his shows this season but we haven't.
    Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 02-05-2008 at 12:32 AM.

I almost puked when I saw Luntz on Bill Maher last night...it was sickening, and I lost a lot of respect for Bill over it. I'm not really surprised about this stuff though...I think the basic fact is Bill talked him up before, but he has been threatened into shutting up now.

Montel just lost his show for disagreeing with the people who run the MSM...do you think Bill would be any different?

Last...Bill is a liberal democrat through and through...he liked Ron, but he never would have actually voted for him.

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
    Bill is very much a Libratarian though. He is with Ron on other issues too. Especially things like the war on drugs.

I remember him being a big Nader supporter as well.
    Bill Maher is not a libertarian. He simply agrees with RP on the war, but only since RP explained it to him. The only "libertarian" thing about Maher is that he promotes drug use and prostitution. Everything else about him is very much 'government has the answers'. He complains about that the Republicans run on "the government can't solve every problem" and they win, and through their incompetence prove it and then say "see, told ya so". He feels that if someone competent was at the helm it would work, failing to understand that, even if true, we elect lawyers and frat boys, not economists, generals, and social workers to federal office.

Quote Originally Posted by cjhowe View Post
    Bill Maher is not a libertarian. He simply agrees with RP on the war, but only since RP explained it to him. The only "libertarian" thing about Maher is that he promotes drug use and prostitution. Everything else about him is very much 'government has the answers'. He complains about that the Republicans run on "the government can't solve every problem" and they win, and through their incompetence prove it and then say "see, told ya so". He feels that if someone competent was at the helm it would work, failing to understand that, even if true, we elect lawyers and frat boys, not economists, generals, and social workers to federal office.
    Yup, he feels that liberals are more committed to managing the state competently, and a strong state can act as an 'equalizer' to stop the social institutions he dislikes (the organized church, all corporations, gun rights supporters, etc). His retraction of even the partial support he was verbalizing about Paul shows how very deep the blackout order was spread through all the media. ALL news organs, and nearly ALL entertainment shows are participating in not mentioning Paul.

One new thought that has crept into my mind lately is, did our boycott of FOX lead to this? Is this the MSM reaction to the revolution's denting of NewsCorp's bottom line? Is the ultimate motivation for the blackout a financial one, with the rest of the media trying to extinguish the Paul movement to prevent us from growing big enough to boycott them too?
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

I watched that too, expecting at any moment Maher would say SOMETHING. This is getting frightening. Perhaps everyone is afraid of them pulling a MONTEL on them?