Thread: Oh man did finding this make me angry...

Angry Oh man did finding this make me angry...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ida_May_Fuller

Stupid pyramid scheme...

When an individual does it, (s)he gets thrown in jail.

When a government does it, they get re-elected.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My great-grandma was like this. Worked as a teacher for ~5 years paying SS, then proceeded to live until 104 and collect the whole time.

Makes me angry even though it was to a family member. Like all pyramid schemes, they make luring payments to the first "investors" to make the system look legit for a while.

It's the SAME: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_scheme
    Last edited by cmc; 02-04-2008 at 07:56 PM.

I think this version is the best...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...ldid=117138686
    Let it not be said that we did nothing.
    - President Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by OrbitalGun View Post
    I think this version is the best...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...ldid=117138686
    "...Nevertheless, she lived on like a greedy old sponge and received monthly Social Security checks..." LOL. (Not lol to what she did, but to the way it was worded)
    "No matter how loud you shout, you will not drown out the voice of the people! " - William Wilberforce - Amazing Grace

RON PAUL 2008 - HOPE FOR AMERICA

hahahah, that version kicks ass

greatest generation my ass
    ------------------
    carpe libertatum

http://www.myspace.com/carpe_libertas

My great-grandfather actually tried to give the checks back to the government since he had planned and saved for his retirement. Unfortunately, they wouldn't even take them back.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by risiusj View Post
    My great-grandfather actually tried to give the checks back to the government since he had planned and saved for his retirement. Unfortunately, they wouldn't even take them back.
    He is a true hero.

of course they don't. And if everyone on welfare tomorrow dies, they wouldn't lower taxes, they just put "their" money towards something else. We can't get mad at the people who do use it, the government sees it as the governments and will do what they wish with it.
    My friends, they support me - Jack Kemp, and Phil Graham, and Joe Nobodycares - because I was a POW. And a military leader. And that's what this country needs, is leading. And someone has to do it. Jack Kemp and Joe Blow and Jack Kemp, they know this and that's why they, my friends, support me as their leader for leading. My friends. Jack Kemp.
    -Wedge Talon

My father kept working in to his 70's and didn't want his SS checks. But when he turned 70, I can't remember why, but they forced him to start taking a check.

He gave it all away.

The guy flew air-sea rescue in WWII and never once asked for anything. Never even talked about it. He was the greatest generation. Most of 'em, not so great.

It's funny... If you look up "Pyramid Scheme" on Wikipedia, and look at the bottom of the related links, Social Security (United States) is the first result!

Wiki is perhaps trying to tell us something?...
    I just don't know what went wrong!

Wait a minute......

Are you folks trying to say that you'll allow government to take money from you and your employer for all of your working life without choice in the matter, then let that same government tell you; "Oh well, we're not going to give you anything now because government can't afford it." Well, I guess I saw that coming when they started calling the deduction from your paycheck a "SS Tax".

If you are telling me that, you're telling me that you're willing to get away with the largest theft in our history. Government is obligated simply because it took the mone from you with a promise of return. That's piracy and you will let it just happen while it spends on foreign despots without limit? That's like allowing betrayal as typical and expected.

Dr Ron Paul tells you how he recommends it to be handled, and it wouldn't be skipping out on the obligation government incurred by force. I figured you folks would have that one figured out. But then, it's good to know you understand it's a scam and ponzi. Maybe there is hope in that, somewhere.

Tugboat

That is so sweet! I wish there were more men like him in this day and time.