Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: NEWSPAPER AD: last minute push: You in or out??

I think I liked it better when it just said, "We Are Ron Paul" at the top.

Do you need everyone's permission in the mosaic to make this ad?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatterhand View Post
    Do you need everyone's permission in the mosaic to make this ad?
    No. They gave their permission when they uploaded their photos.
    You either believe that within your society more individuals are good than evil, and that by protecting the freedom of individuals within that society you will end up with a society that is as fair as possible, or you believe that within your society more individuals are evil than good, and that by limiting the freedom of individuals within that society you will end up with a society that is as fair as possible.

We need more money. Please donate, if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulitician View Post
    Up to $970 now, if I calculated right.
    I'll add $30 to the pot to make it $1000 even.

As quoted previously, $1300 for a half-page ad, and $2500 for a full page ad. If it looks like we're close to financing a full page ad, I'll double my $30 to $60.

I won't be in until Wednesday night so be patient when contacting me.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Okay, I'm in for $25!

Still, I like it better, "We Are Ron Paul"

Here I got this one uploaded...

My personal thoughts about the caption is that it needs to invite others to stand up as We, the People. Let me clearly state however, that the work I did tonight was to help facilitate action towards the final project, and to help stimulate pledges while the project evolves. People sharing gifts in a positive way, it's what life should be all about.

Last edited by thomj76; 08-08-2007 at 12:39 AM. Reason: addition

I'll go $25. Where are we sending this $$?

Bump...This is a hot ACTION Item. Please can someone sticky this for the next couple days?

Thanks...

Lord Xar,

If we still need more pledges you might consider leaving an impassioned plea on the Daily Paul under the ad in the comments section. You already have a proven track record with the radio ad. Maybe that would help with getting more pledges.

Here are some ideas... BIG LOAD TIME... Sorry..
    Just throwing ideas out there, to see what sticks...

Example 1

Example 2

Quote Originally Posted by RevolutionSD View Post
    I'll go $25. Where are we sending this $$?
    ? when in doubt, ALWAYS read the first thread post

I like example 1 better. I don't like covering up a part of the mosaic in example 2.

Just some feedback.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I can pitch in $100 if you still need it -- just send a private msg to remind me to PayPal it to you.

More than a thousand?

Quote Originally Posted by McDermit View Post
    Someone suggested a goodie in the other thread.

We the people, support Ron Paul.

bottom: vote for ron paul at the ames straw poll
    I agree with the above concept (or something like it)

Saying "more than a thousand" doesn't sound like much support....
    it's a "limiting" phrase that doesn't come across as impressive.

'We The People' is broad and has more/better impact (imo)

Now we're cookin' with gas!

Xar, I like your first concept. Good layout and use of color.

I agree that the second one's not so good since it covers up part of the mosaic.

thomj76, those look good. My only thought is that the image itself is a bit small. It's hard to make out the individual pics at all. I really think the mosaic should be the main focus of the ad, with just enough text to make it clear who the picture represents.

As for the part about cutting out the "more than a thousand" in my prototype, you guys are absolutely right. I'll rework it and post something up later today.

I like the first one in your pair.

We really should get a full page if possible, folks. Otherwise it's going to be hard to see the pictures. If it just looks like a funky pixilated mosaic, well eh. Newsprint dpi isn't all that great. Does anyone have the ability to test print with whatever dpi it is they use?
    In your hearts, you know he's right.

And although the first one is fine, I'd love "We are Ron Paul" to be the big font in the black box, and "Ron Paul for President" were you now have "We are Ron Paul; We are Americans." Besides, it's a sentence splice.

I can throw in $20 on Friday.
    "For when our kids go off to battle, no one dare oppose the action, for that is seen as opposing them. The blood of our nation's youth, all too often, is spilt as if it can wipe away the policy sins of the Congress and the President."
    ~ Ron Paul
    November 23, 1998

You are here.

what's the status on this? I'm in for $25..

I haven't had my first cup of coffee yet, so this may be off, but I came up with $1175. So, we're 125 off from a 1/2 page ad, and about 1K off from a full page ad.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I haven't had my first cup of coffee yet, so this may be off, but I came up with $1175. So, we're 125 off from a 1/2 page ad, and about 1K off from a full page ad.
    If we go for a full page, I'll double my contribution. So keep a separate tally including an extra $100.

Anyone else willing to double their contribution for a full page? I think this will be stunning. Maybe even make the news?

I'm IN

In honor of Ben, I'll pledge $100
    Let's get this done!

Also, my girlfriend works as an editor for a major newspaper, if there are any technical issues that we need help with please email me directly at jaybone62@yahoo.com and I'll set up a conference.
    "If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, it expects what never was and never will be."
    Thomas Jefferson

Example 1 looks better stylistically. Keep the message crisp. I don't like how you have to hunt around reading example 2.

I never chipped in for the radio ads and mailings because I had already thrown in several hundred my own for the South Carolina publicity. But I have to admit this is cool - and nobody else has done anything like it.

Xar, I'll be sending $55.
    Last edited by MozoVote; 08-08-2007 at 06:46 AM.

I'm in the middle of making another one. Last night, my landscaped template got saved over, hurray!

I really do think this message needs to be inclusive, to make people feel like they to can be apart of this movement. In my opinion, if we say "We are Ron Paul" at this time, then it may make people that aren't in the picture, or who aren't familiar with Ron Paul, feel like they are on the outside.

Here is the latest contribution from the pc (who is starting to creak a little bit )

Last edited by thomj76; 08-08-2007 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Typo :/ and smaller photo :)

My favorite posted here

My favorite posted

HERE

Seems to me that we need to find out the exact dimensions of the ad space we have at our disposal, in a full page advertisement. Because that may have a bearing on exactly where we place our text. ie. We may have room on the right hand side, for example, to list a few things. Don't know. I do hate reducing the size of the image to place text above and below it. But, maybe that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Seems to me that we need to find out the exact dimensions of the ad space we have at our disposal, in a full page advertisement. Because that may have a bearing on exactly where we place our text. ie. We may have room on the right hand side, for example, to list a few things. Don't know. I do hate reducing the size of the image to place text above and below it. But, maybe that's just me.
    I liked the full vertical portait with the black bar across the bottom. It could list at the bottom of the major text already on the bar a series of one after the other bullet points. This would not interfere with the picture which is emotionally stunning just as it is.. No billboards across the people and Ron.

"Sign sign everywhere a sign" -Five Man Electrical Band

Best Regards
    Randy

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If we end up using, "We the People", what do you guys think about making this text larger than the rest and in script? You know, like it is in the Constitution. Or maybe just putting it in script, will do the job.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 08-08-2007 at 07:29 AM.

I liked the full vertical portait with the black bar across the bottom. It could list at the bottom of the major text already on the bar a series of one after the other bullet points. This would not interfere with the picture which is emotionally stunning just as it is.. No billboards across the people and Ron.

"Sign sign everywhere a sign" -Five Man Electrical Band

Best Regards
    Randy
    I agree, I like the first one

I would put text to the effect of,

'JULY 17TH -- RALLY.RONPAULPLANET.COM IS BORN -- ALLOWING PEOPLE TO UPLOAD PICTURES OF THEMSELVES TO SHOW THEIR SUPPORT FOR RON PAUL. JULY 25TH -- THE NUMBER OF UNIQUE SUPPORTERS WITH PICTURES ON THE SITE REACHES 1,000 -- AUGUST 11TH -- A FULL PAGE NEWSPAPER AD IS ORGANIZED AND PAYED FOR ENTIRELY BY THESE VOLUNTEERS, USING ONLY THE INTERNET TO ORGANIZE'

something like that, but worded better. also, i'm just approximating dates, don't know when the stuff really happened

o yeah, and definitely:

WE ARE RON PAUL

or

WE THE PEOPLE
    www.ronpaul2008.com

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast