Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Take Over the GOP! Join the Republican Liberty Caucus, Ron Paul is a Member!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I heard about this on Free Talk Live! Great organization!
    "I am a friend of the Free State Project!" -- Rep. Ron Paul

FreeStateProject.org

For on the ground information about the liberty movement in New Hampshire point your browser to www.RidleyReport.com

The RLC is a scam to turn libertarians into partisan Republicans. Screw that. I'll vote for the GOP when they give me a small-government Goldwater-Conservative.

Besides, it's associated with that Dondero fellow who spends his days endorsing non-libertarian candidates and trying to kill Ron Paul's campaign.

Man this should of came out when our forum was at full speed. Anywho Bump
    If you don't live you life on the edge, you will never see the view

Quote Originally Posted by brianewart View Post
    The RLC is a scam to turn libertarians into partisan Republicans. Screw that. I'll vote for the GOP when they give me a small-government Goldwater-Conservative.

Besides, it's associated with that Dondero fellow who spends his days endorsing non-libertarian candidates and trying to kill Ron Paul's campaign.
    Who cares about parties? Where anyone else would see a 99% friend, a libertarian will see a 1% enemy.

Ron Paul endorsed the RLC, and he believes in the organization. He's a member himself.
    "I am a friend of the Free State Project!" -- Rep. Ron Paul

FreeStateProject.org

For on the ground information about the liberty movement in New Hampshire point your browser to www.RidleyReport.com

Quote Originally Posted by spacehabitats View Post
    This is exactly the kind of stuff we need. People with a knee jerk reaction against the Republican party need to get over it.
    WE are going to be running the GOP if we do this right, and if you think that will be too hard, try starting a new 3rd party from scratch.

I too have been worried sick about all you good people fragmenting into a thousand tiny ineffectual little groups or just crawling back into your isolated holes. We must not let that happen. I just started another thread that nobody will read about freedomforceinternational.org which is another institution that has been around for awhile.
    I still think people should look into that since it is in complete harmony with Ron Paul and the RLC.

There is no danger of fragmentation since joining and becoming an active participant in RLC is what FFI encourages and tries to facilitate. One advantage of joining FFI as well is that it could act as a political/idealogical/moral compass, keeping our movement from "losing its way".
    Please check out this video and website.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...39633877989595

http://www.freedomforceinternational.org/
    i'm thinking about joining... money has been the issue holding me back...
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by brianewart View Post
    Besides, it's [the RLC] associated with that Dondero fellow who spends his days endorsing non-libertarian candidates and trying to kill Ron Paul's campaign.
    Eric Dondero falsely claims to have been a founder of the RLC many years ago.
    It is provable fact that he has not been associated with the RLC for many years.
    Check out your state's RLC chapter - some are infiltrated with neo-cons, but
    others are really strong Constitutionalist ala RP. Don't make blanket statements
    that you can't back up with facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Wills View Post
    Eric Dondero falsely claims to have been a founder of the RLC many years ago.
    It is provable fact that he has not been associated with the RLC for many years.
    Check out your state's RLC chapter - some are infiltrated with neo-cons, but
    others are really strong Constitutionalist ala RP. Don't make blanket statements
    that you can't back up with facts.
    The members in Louisiana are good guys.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Any organization can be corrupted

That is one reason why the Freedom Force International is designed is to be a non-pyramidal organization. In fact it is one of the principals of FFI that they ASSUME that leaders will become corrupted and try to lead the members astray.

Quoting from their Code of Conduct:

"4. Don’t trust your leaders. That applies to Freedom Force as well as in politics. Don’t expect them to be saints. Most of them are corruptible under the right circumstances. Your job is to watch them like a hawk. Don’t let them violate the Creed or this Code of Conduct. Call attention to their errors, when necessary. If violations are serious, mobilize the power to remove them."

The same should go for the RLC, but that should not dissuade us from joining, unless there is evidence that it is already irredeemably corrupt.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    The members in Louisiana are good guys.
    The group was largely neocons in Chicago, but the Ron Paul people have joined and are really making it quite bearable.

Take a good look at their board... then take a look at the candidates they promoted for 2006... there is a long list of people I would not support... plus, they do not appear to have a slate or recommendations for 2008.

Finally, this is NOT the liberty pac RP mentioned in his last announcement... though the liberty pac and FREE website appear to be extremely outdated and have no current information.

Decide for your self... but have a look around first.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    Take a good look at their board... then take a look at the candidates they promoted for 2006... there is a long list of people I would not support... plus, they do not appear to have a slate or recommendations for 2008.
    That would all change if the force of our movement got behind this. You essentially have the ship built - we just need a crew. The PAC is already established and the group is recognized by the GOP as a legitimate Republican Club. This thing could be an unstoppable juggernaut within the Republican Party. I'm a firm believer this is where the army could be recruited, trained and positioned for the eventual TAKE OVER of the GOP.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world.
    Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has...

John Stevens

I have a question for anyone here who represents the RLC in an official capacity;

I just joined the RLC, haven't even gotten my first mailings or newsletter yet, and am not in any way a representative of the group, but I'm interested in starting a Meetup group in my area. Would this kind of bottom-up participation (like with the Ron Paul movement) be encouraged by RLC leadership, or would I be illegitimately representing the organization/stepping out of line? Should I leave a leadership role to someone more experienced with the RLC, or is the whole thing really as "user-generated" and grab-n-growl as it seems?

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    I have a question for anyone here who represents the RLC in an official capacity;

I just joined the RLC, haven't even gotten my first mailings or newsletter yet, and am not in any way a representative of the group, but I'm interested in starting a Meetup group in my area. Would this kind of bottom-up participation (like with the Ron Paul movement) be encouraged by RLC leadership, or would I be illegitimately representing the organization/stepping out of line? Should I leave a leadership role to someone more experienced with the RLC, or is the whole thing really as "user-generated" and grab-n-growl as it seems?
    I think forming an RLC meetup group is great idea. I signed up on meetup.com to be notified if one forms in my area. Right now there are 4 of us who are interested.

I also signed up for the RLC Iowa email list. I'm hoping to use it to send and receive info about upcoming votes, bills, writing my congressman, etc...

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    this deserves further meantion and attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post

Finally, this is NOT the liberty pac RP mentioned in his last announcement... though the liberty pac and FREE website appear to be extremely outdated and have no current information.

Decide for your self... but have a look around first.
    Look at the list or members. Paul is on it.

I do agree that they seem to have wandered from their ideals. A good many of them support the war, largely and simply because a majority of Republicans support the war. They won't bend on that issue because they presume it that any candidate who wants to "cut and run" (gag) won't get the Republican vote.

The Illinois group isn't an official chapter. They have a Yahoo! groups list , which I much prefer to Meet Up's structure, and they opened a forum on http://www.rlcil.org/ too.

If you live in an area that doesn't have a Chapter, I'll bet National would be thrilled to have you organize one.

I subscribed to the national newsletter after reading the OP. Thanks.

The OP's PM box is full.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post

I joined last summer and never received a phone call, welcome e-mail, welcome letter, membership card or anything acknowleding the fact that I paid $30 to join the group.

This is good and bad.

It is bad because it demonstrates the group lacks leadership and organization. But it is good because with our numbers we have the opportunity to be that LEADERSHIP & ORGANIZATION.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world.

John Stevens

I finally joined today. A couple of guys from our local meetup has joined the state board and even already went to a state meeting (see article below, from http://www.rlcfl.org). Knowing two of my local Ron Paul supporters who are now board members inspired me to go ahead and sign up. Maybe together we can work together for peace, prosperity, and liberty! They are definitely taking note of the new Paulite blood being interjected in, as is our local GOP here in Bay County (last night at Bay GOP round table meeting, special notice and applause was given to all the Ron Paul supporters joining their ranks). We are making a difference! We are being heard!
    RLCFL state board expands along with the RLC
    After the Florida primary, the Ron Paul for president campaign was largely finished, but many supporters of Dr. Paul's limited government message are not. And now they have found a new vehicle for their activism -- the RLC of Florida!
    Steven Talcott Smith,Woody Engle, Steve Burden, Nick Egoroff, Nick Sherman, Katie Luck and Chris Dillard at the March 1 RLCFL strategy meeting in Kissimmee
    Several of the key organizers of Florida Ron Paul Meetups -- the volunteer network that coordinated support for Paul's candidacy -- have joined the state board that runs the RLC in the state. Six new board members were voted in so far in 2008, including Will Pitts of Jacksonville, Steven Talcott Smith of Boca Raton, Nicholas Egoroff of Orlando, Eric Wall of Panama City, Christopher Dillard of Gainesville and Woody Engle of Naples.
    Eric Wall and R.B. Lee
    Geographically, the new board represents far greater coverage of the state, providing leadership in areas of the state with historically little RLC activism, including the Panhandle.
    At a meeting in Kissimmee on March 1, the new and existing board members discussed strategy and set priorities for the year. At the top of the list were the lobbying trip to Tallahassee March 25-26, informing Ron Paul supporters about the RLC and recruiting and aiding candidates for both county Republican Executive Committees and public offices. There was also discussion of the creation of a Florida PAC and the creation of a campaign school program.
    ==R=O=N==P=A=U=L==

The lesser of two evils (insert your choice here - Obama or McCain) IS STILL EVIL. Just say NO to evil!

Live Free (or else you really don't live).

bump
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.C. S. Lewis

North Florida Starts an RLC Group!

We will be having our first "Northeast Florida RLC" meeting Tuesday, May 6th!

A Ron Paul Meetup Member created the following YouTube Video in hopes of recruiting RP supporters into this new organization:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eGeY3Rzd4WE

I am posting our invite information to hopefully inspire others to move in this direction...

What: Republican Liberty Caucus of NEFL

When: Tuesday, May 6, 6:30 PM

Where: The Training Room of WG Pitts Office Complex

Who should come:
    Anyone concerned about the economy, civil liberties, and the up-coming elections and patriots looking for the inspiration to forge on.

Why:
    It's time to act. You must be involved and stay involved in order to truly preserve liberty. However, your main priority should be coming together to socialize, have a good time, and possibly learn a thing or two.

Meeting Description:
    After much consideration, we are continuing the quest for individual freedom, limited government, and principled prosperity through the Republican Liberty Caucus. Like many of you, we have realized that deciding where to start has been nearly impossible. So it is with this very daunting task that we offer the Republican Liberty Caucus of Northeast Florida as a place for the Ron Paul Revolution and Enlightenment to continue.

We are planning to meet on the first Tuesday of every month.

Our first Meeting will be held in the Training Room of the WG Pitts Office Complex this Tuesday, May 6th from 6:30pm to 8:00pm.

If you are not familiar with the RLC please visit the RLC of Florida website at:

http://www.rlcfl.org/

And the National RLC site:

http://www.rlc.org/

We are currently working on all the particulars associated with launching RLC of NEFL, and have big plans but many jobs that need your help and input.

During this meeting we will be tending to such organizational tasks, as well as, providing an opportunity for interested members to work on various committees.

We will unveil some of our future plans and actions necessary to become more effective in our communities and parties. (All persons are welcome at these meetings including Democrats, Libertarians, and especially Constitutionalists!!) There are several areas and capacities with which all liberty lovers can be effective through the RLC.

We know that in order to win you must play by the "rules". Therefore, we will be devoting a portion of our time understanding various procedures, rules and by-laws by which we must operate, to effectively communicate ideas and information.

We also plan to have a guest speaker, Lake Ray, a Republican Candidate for Florida House of Representatives.

Don't be discouraged, though we must attend to some business, remember it will be informative business, and there will be plenty of room for our usual amount of socializing.

We will also have information regarding the RLC National Convention, as well as information on the upcoming March in DC on July 12th.

What are you willing to do for liberty? Are two hours a month too much?

We must be compelled to be part of history, otherwise we are simply a forgotten tale.

Please watch our new groups first YouTube Video:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=eGeY3Rzd4WE

Link to Membership Application:
    http://ronpaulsupporters.camp7.org/D...hx?DocId=11057

Link to Proposed Marketing Brochure:
    http://ronpaulsupporters.camp7.org/D...hx?DocId=11056

Please reply to this email to RSVP. We would like to have a general head count for accommodations, snacks, drinks etc.

John Stevens

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678