Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Take Over the GOP! Join the Republican Liberty Caucus, Ron Paul is a Member!

Quote Originally Posted by UnitedWeStand View Post
    I agree this is what we've been looking for. My question is why does the website only list candidates that were endorsed in 2006? Has this organization died down since then? Are there endorsed candidates for 2008? I was hoping to at least see Ron Paul's congressional run endorsed.
    No, no, we're very active. It's just hat we have very few tech savvy members and need them desperately (talk about a match made in heaven!). The national website is the in process of a complete overhaul. Here's the beta for the new site:

NOTE: This is only for testing purposes but it gives you a feel for how it will be.

http://test.rlc.org/
    Vice-President Republican Liberty Caucus of MI
    Take over the GOP, Join the RLC!

Head Coordinator Washtenaw County, MI

Chairman University of Michigan for Ron Paul
    www.michigan4ronpaul.com/umich

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So..uh..I guess what he is trying to say is to forget all your differences and join his group with no interaction nor answers, just because RP used to chair it. Well, for me..
    HELL NO

Now, give me reasons to change my mind. I like the idea, but it's the organization and Libertarianim, two BIG things for your caucus, that I know nothing about.

Quote Originally Posted by UnitedWeStand View Post
    I agree this is what we've been looking for. My question is why does the website only list candidates that were endorsed in 2006? Has this organization died down since then? Are there endorsed candidates for 2008? I was hoping to at least see Ron Paul's congressional run endorsed.
    This is a very good point. To attract people, the caucus needs to appear to be actively doing something.
    Help convert the Republican Party from within

|------------|------------------|---------------|-----------------|-You are here----|-----------|
    Tyranny --> Revolution --> Freedom --> Prosperity --> Dependency ---> Tyranny

Quote Originally Posted by skiingff View Post
    Well the best thing is that the GOP recognizes the RLC as an official affiliated organization of the GOP...
    It's a thing. It could be good.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Have you also posted this at www.ronpaulforum.com and asked Dan McCarthy, the HQ liason, to write about it in "The Daily Dose" on www.ronpaul2008.com?

This is seriously worth promoting. So very much so that I'm even skeptical. Too good to be true=)
    http://www.free-nefl.com/html/introduction.html
    Ron Paul's Foundation for Rational Economics and Education

http://www.libertypac.net/
    Ron Paul's Political Action Committee, Liberty PAC

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Right now we're working on Linda Goldthorpe who is running for Congress in MI. You can be sure more will follow!
    Why are you not getting Dr. Paul his $400,000 campaign fund for Congress???

Why? You know all about it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by slamhead View Post
    I am not supporting anything that says republican on it if Dr. Paul does not get the nomination.
    LOL well said...rofl!

Quote Originally Posted by slamhead View Post
    I am not supporting anything that says republican on it if Dr. Paul does not get the nomination.
    hahahahaaahaaahaaahaa..Really good one..I like how you think..lollllllllllllll

Quote Originally Posted by skiingff View Post
    That's the way to continue this Revolution and help take back America

Being a Repug allows people to get elected, no one has ever been elected as a 3rd party candidate at the federal level, and no one has ever been elected as an Independent without being a well-known former Dem or Repub. It's the Democratic or Republican party in practicality, in reality even registered Independents vote for either Democrats or Republicans. Until we get people elected as Republicans that can change the system, it won't change.

I'm sorry, but being the former President of my High School's Young Democrat Club, and back when I was a big Howard Dean fan (He is STILL an inspiration to me), I realize the Democratic party is moving FAR LEFT while the GOP is actually weak, broken, and open for the taking.

Just because Howard Dean didn't get the Democratic nomination, he didn't leave the party. In fact, HE NOW RUNS THE PARTY. Why? Because he brought a lot new people into it.

I'm not saying Ron Paul will now be named the chairman of the GOP, I'm saying while the Democrats are moving far left and no one can stop them, we CAN make a difference in the GOP by overtaking a weak party and transforming its IMAGE.
    Good thought..um..resurrect the Whigs Party?

Great idea. I like Libertarianism (besides the 'open borders for all' policy). We can all support the RLC.

Good thought..um..resurrect the Whigs Party?
    There is the New American Whig party.

http://www.whigs.us/
    Last edited by Flash; 02-04-2008 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
    Why are you not getting Dr. Paul his $400,000 campaign fund for Congress???
    I'll have to talk to the Texas chapter. You raise a good point, and to be honest with you, we're doing a very bad job communicating. That's why I was brought on board and also why this is probably the first time you've heard of us. It's a problem we're addressing.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by virginiakid View Post
    Well look at it this way, the Republican party does have the name recognition, already organized and has a sound foundation (as of right now, but probably getting shaky) and it is ripe for a take over.

I am an independent voter, my plans are to take over my local GOP by getting more people like myself involved and electing like minded individuals to the chairs and also to office. The Republican party where I live is extremely strong, so taking it over I feel is the only option. I am building a pac of people to start becoming active so that we can start changing things in Washington and in my home state. First we take over, then we get rid of our legislators who have voted against us time and time again, and put those in power who will vote like us. This is what I feel that should be done in my area and I do believe it is the best option.
    Agreed. It is weak here, all very old people, except the Chairman. He starts the meeting off, instead of "calling it to order" he gets up and tells everyone to "pretend he is in charge". He is going to accept the new state rules, which say that the chair can only serve 4 terms of 2 and he has already served 10 so is iffy that he would stay after this year. However, I am all by myself here, taking over nothing but, am going to the meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
    So..uh..I guess what he is trying to say is to forget all your differences and join his group with no interaction nor answers, just because RP used to chair it. Well, for me..
    HELL NO

Now, give me reasons to change my mind. I like the idea, but it's the organization and Libertarianim, two BIG things for your caucus, that I know nothing about.
    I understand your concerns. As I said before we're doing more than the website indicates, which is a travesty in this day and age. Again it's a function of us not having enough tech savvy supporters. I'll also add that Ron Paul is still a member. We have plenty of interaction. State members have a HUGE say in who we nominate.

I'll have to talk to the Texas chapter. You raise a good point, and to be honest with you, we're doing a very bad job communicating. That's why I was brought on board and also why this is probably the first time you've heard of us. It's a problem we're addressing.
    OK, well..send me a PM or something when you get it together..GL

A dedicated and robust message forum is one of the first things your webmaster needs to work on IMO. It will help greatly with communications. Get off of yahoo groups, it's for amateurs, not a legitimate political action group.
    Help convert the Republican Party from within

|------------|------------------|---------------|-----------------|-You are here----|-----------|
    Tyranny --> Revolution --> Freedom --> Prosperity --> Dependency ---> Tyranny

No, no, we're very active. It's just hat we have very few tech savvy members and need them desperately (talk about a match made in heaven!). The national website is the in process of a complete overhaul. Here's the beta for the new site:

NOTE: This is only for testing purposes but it gives you a feel for how it will be.

http://test.rlc.org/
    DRUPAL!

Am I right?
    I have a friend who's really good with drupal (not that it's hard or anything). It's a pretty flexible CMS. Anyway, he might like to help. I'll talk to him.
    "Don't tax me bro!" - noztnac

Quote Originally Posted by RPinSEAZ View Post
    A dedicated and robust message forum is one of the first things your webmaster needs to work on IMO. It will help greatly with communications. Get off of yahoo groups, it's for amateurs, not a legitimate political action group.
    I couldn't agree more. It's a high priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_Henry View Post
    DRUPAL!

Am I right?
    I have a friend who's really good with drupal (not that it's hard or anything). It's a pretty flexible CMS. Anyway, he might like to help. I'll talk to him.
    I don't actually know, but you may be right. I would appreciate that. Please tell him to contact me.

To the RLC contact people here:

Which current/former members of Congress are affiliated with RLC?

Which current/former members of Congress that are not affiliated with RLC have been supported in recent elections by RLC?

I want to get a better idea of what you consider a pro-liberty Congressman/candidate. If Ron Paul is the gold standard, how close to that standard does a Congressman or candidate for Congress need to be to gain RLC support? Thanks.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedasbach View Post
    To the RLC contact people here:

Which current/former members of Congress are affiliated with RLC?

Which current/former members of Congress that are not affiliated with RLC have been supported in recent elections by RLC?

I want to get a better idea of what you consider a pro-liberty Congressman/candidate. If Ron Paul is the gold standard, how close to that standard does a Congressman or candidate for Congress need to be to gain RLC support? Thanks.
    Please see our issues section.

http://www.rlc.org/?p=FAQ#4252

Then look at the candidates we endorsed for the 2006 elections cycle.

http://www.republicanliberty.org/candid/

of all of the members of the Republican Liberty Caucus Board of Advisors are pro war pro bush... 'cept Dr. Paul

Quote Originally Posted by thexjib View Post
    of all of the members of the Republican Liberty Caucus Board of Advisors are pro war pro bush... 'cept Dr. Paul
    The national committee is decidedly pro-libertarian, actually paleo-libertarian

In fact since many of you probably aren't too well versed in libertarian history, I'll give some background. There was actually a rift in the libertarian movement, with the main division being war policy.

Paleo-libertarians (like Ron Paul) are anti-war whereas Neo-libertarians are pro-war.

Please keep in mind I have GROSSLY oversimplified this but you can read more at the following wikipedia articles.

Neo-libertarian
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-libertarian

Paleo-libertarian
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleolibertarianism

Those who are neo-libertarian are still essentially support the same issues that paleo-libertarians support outside of war policy. As I said earlier the decision-making body is decidedly paleo-libertarian as are most of our members. Let's get of us elected to Congress to give Ron Paul some company.

Please see our issues section.

http://www.rlc.org/?p=FAQ#4252

Then look at the candidates we endorsed for the 2006 elections cycle.

http://www.republicanliberty.org/candid/
    Thanks. That was the information I was interested in. I want to check out the voting records of the elected officials and the VoteSmart profiles of the candidates.

You know, if the Republican party is stupid enough to nominate McCain or Romney, I hope they lose this election by such a landslide that the party implodes and a new party steps up to take over its spot. At least then we can start from scratch and be rid of the neocons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomaru View Post
    You know, if the Republican party is stupid enough to nominate McCain or Romney, I hope they lose this election by such a landslide that the party implodes and a new party steps up to take over its spot. At least then we can start from scratch and be rid of the neocons.
    They won't let go that easily. Don't rule out a landslide loss as a planned maneuver.
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -Plato

Not to throw cold water on a logical 'takeover' step in transforming the GOP, but....

This is the same RLC that, last year when an early endorsement of Paul would have been very helpful and obviously fitting, failed to give him one. Something about their internal rules requiring that all their regional chapters had to agree on it in order for the national group to endorse, or some such figleaf. A few of the regional groups were favoring GIULIANI, basically because he was the perceived frontrunner, and that was that, everybody was to get in line.

If the Revolution is to prosper by taking over a Republican subgroup it MUST resist being expected to go with the flow when the central command orders them to. Paul supporters MUST avoid becoming merely cosmetic constitutionalists/libertarians, whose only substance is in being GOP ambassadors to outside movements, making the constitutionalist case for a McCain, Romney or whichever CFR guy is anointed the frontrunner.

Supporters who go into the RLC MUST recognize many of its current members are in fact simply spies for the GOP leadership, who act as steering agents to keep the subgroup from ever endorsing a Paulite candidate, or otherwise 'going off the reservation.' Most of all, Revolution members taking over the RLC must threaten, and outright demonstrate WALKING POWER to take their votes elsewhere if Paul or successor candidates get treated the way Paul was treated this year. The mantra: "No more establishment games. Revolution candidates get nominated, or this party gets decimated!"
    Last edited by Peace&Freedom; 02-04-2008 at 10:29 PM.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    Not to throw cold water on a logical 'takeover' step in transforming the GOP, but....

This is the same RLC that, last year when an early endorsement of Paul would have been very helpful and obviously fitting, failed to give him one. Something about their internal rules requiring that all their regional chapters has to agree on it in order for the antional group to endorse, or some such figleaf. A few of the regional groups were favoring GIULIANI, basically because he was the perceived frontrunner, and that was that, everybody was to get in line.

If the Revolution is to prosper by taking over a Republican subgroup it MUST resist being expected to go with the flow when the central command orders them to. Paul supporters MUST becoming cosmetic constitutionalists/libertarians, whose only substance is in being GOP ambassadors to outside movements, making the constitutionalist case for a McCain, Romney or whichever CFR guy is anointed the frontrunner.

Supporters who go into the RLC MUST recognize many of its current members are in fact simply spies for the GOP leadership, who act as steering agents to keep the subgroup from ever endorsing a Paulite candidate, or otherwise 'going off the reservation.' Most of all, Revolution members taking over the RLC must threaten, and outright demonstrate WALKING POWER to take their votes elsewhere if Paul or successor candidates get treated the way Paul was treated this year. The mantra: "No more establishment games. Revolution candidates get nominated, or this party gets decimated!"
    Yes, some members in New York wished to nominate Giuliani, but it was very few of our members nationally. The majority of members and the governing body is paleo-conservative like Ron Paul (see above). The New York leans toward neo-libertarianism, but I'm hoping we can get enough people to sign up and push them to paleo. This is very ideologically pure organization as far as organizations go, but if we were to make and EXACT platform that all were to follow, we'd end up as successful as the Libertarian or Constitution Parties. In fact, the things we're discussing actually imply the typical arguments for and against the Libertarian Party. However, the results are clear; they have never elected anyone to national office and have been trying for 35 years.

I'd like to add that since our organization is essentially paleo-libertarian with a few neo-libertarians thrown in, we could quickly make the already few neo-libertarians insignificant if enough Ron Paul supporters join.

Take over your state central committee should be step one.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast