Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Take Over the GOP! Join the Republican Liberty Caucus, Ron Paul is a Member!

Take Over the GOP! Join the Republican Liberty Caucus, Ron Paul is a Member!

I would like to extend an open invitation to all to join the Republican Liberty Caucus (RLC).

Our organization works through the Republican Party to promote libertarian ideals. We do this by promoting and endorsing liberty minded candidates. We attend GOP events to cultivate relationships within the Republican Party and identify like-minded party members. We also work with single issue groups and combine forces to pursue mutual interest. Essentially, our mission is nothing short of changing the GOP’s political culture to one rooted in libertarian ideals. Unlike many of the organizations springing up in the wake of Ron Paul’s presidential run, we have been in existence since 1990 and run a politically experienced organization. We are a national organization with established members in each of the 50 states. We’re organized enough to even have an attached Political Action Committee (PAC) that donates to campaigns of pro-liberty candidates.

Ron Paul himself was once chairman of the Republican Liberty Caucus and is CURRENTLY a member of our advisory board. Dr. Paul has often stated that what we’re doing in the campaign isn’t just about him, it’s about the message. This isn’t merely a campaign, this is a movement. The Republican Liberty Caucus is the vehicle for our movement. I know that many of you have been debating what we should do moving forward; I’ve heard everything from joining the Libertarian or Constitution Parties to remaining an independent. I urge you all to consider instead using the working through the Republican Party.

While the Libertarian and Constitution parties are principled organizations made up of fine people, they have continued to fail at electing anyone to Congress over the last 35 years. Note the fact that Ron Paul has been elected as a Republican and not a Libertarian. And the number of individuals either group has elected to state legislatures over that same time period has not been much better. Even in New Hampshire, where Libertarians have been elected multiple times to the State House, they were always cross listed on the ballot as Republican candidates under what is known as a “fusion ticket.”

I know many of you probably are concerned that, by joining the Republicans you will be assimilated to the point where you may have to sacrifice your principles and beliefs. That is why I urge you to join us because we operate, although within the GOP, completely independent of the party’s leadership. None of or funds go to the Republican National Committee because we are well aware that their agenda is to elect people and not necessarily promote the ideals of liberty and freedom.

Instead of leaving the party and trying to do something that has not be accomplished in 150 years, that is create a new major political party, we continue the fight from within, using more of our resources on getting our candidates elected as opposed to using them up on things such as ballot access and media exposure that third party candidates have to scream and beg for.

The Republican Liberty Caucus does not have a platform per se, but it is committed to essentially the same principals that Ron Paul is. Please see the link at the bottom for a more detailed explanation. The RLC was also one of the endorsers of the Free State Project.

The Revolution does not end with this presidential run; this is merely the start. In the words of Patriot John Paul Jones, we “have not yet begun to fight!”

Regards,
    Rob Johnson
    Vice-President Republican Liberty Caucus of MI

I ask that everyone who reads this from the Ron Paul forums, either PM me, or send me an email at “rob_johnson at earthlink dot net” and sign up for the national newsletter at the link below. If you send me your info, please include your state (or country). We will not give your information out to any 3rd party. I ask for you info in addition to signing up for the national newsletter because we want to know who came from the Ron Paul Forums and I would like to talk to many of you directly because we are looking to fill new leadership positions across the country.

We especially NEED tech savvy people; need to be on the cutting edge technologically. If you have any experience in graphic design, web design, or programming, we need you to work on new state web sites

PLEASE NOTE:
    By sending me or the national website your information, you are NOT signing up to be a member, you are just expressing your interest. I therefore ask that everyone who just wishes to consider our organization please express your interest to us.

Republican Liberty Caucus National
    http://www.rlc.org/

Wikipedia Article
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Liberty_Caucus

Republican Liberty Caucus Liberty Index:
    We strive to rank all the candidates for US House and Senate on how libertarian their voting records and stances are. This is an excellent resource that provides ranking on each candidate. We need to update it again, and your involvement can make that happen. Please note that many of the candidates endorsed in 2004 were not endorsed in 2006. We found that some of them were no longer committed to libertarian principles.
    http://www.republicanliberty.org/libdex/index.htm

For those of you in Michigan, please join our Yahoo Group at

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RLCMI/

Update:
    The are no differences in the membership levels. The minimum donation gives you full membership privileges. However, the more you donate, the more we have to donate to the campaigns of libertarian candidates.

Attention
    :
    We are currently looking for a new director in Alaska. Please contact me directly if interested.
    Last edited by Rob; 02-08-2008 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Additional Info
    Take over the GOP, Join the RLC!

Head Coordinator Washtenaw County, MI

Chairman University of Michigan for Ron Paul
    www.michigan4ronpaul.com/umich

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is important - it's the first step in "transforming" the GOP.

But, I do have a quick question - Ron Paul's Liberty Index has slowly declined from 98% in 1997 to 81.7% in 2005. Why is that? I'm assuming that it's because he's been missing more congressional votes lately, but I don't want to speculate - I couldn't find a detailed list of reasons.

Ron Paul used to be a national committeeman and chair of the RLC.

He is still a member just no longer the chair. Too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyr1988 View Post
    This is important - it's the first step in "transforming" the GOP.

But, I do have a quick question - Ron Paul's Liberty Index has slowly declined from 98% in 1997 to 81.7% in 2005. Why is that? I'm assuming that it's because he's been missing more congressional votes lately, but I don't want to speculate - I couldn't find a detailed list of reasons.
    I'm actually relatively new to the organization and I haven't checked on that. That is an interesting point. I will look into it.

Good organization. The one down side to my membership has been being on a mailing list that Eric Dondero posts to. When I saw his name in my inbox I nearly $#@! myself.

Quote Originally Posted by CopperheadNC View Post
    Good organization. The one down side to my membership has been being on a mailing list that Eric Dondero posts to. When I saw his name in my inbox I nearly $#@! myself.
    He also tries to take credit that he created the RLC. Question to the OP: what's your opinion on that?
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -Plato

I urge everyone to strongly consider using the Republican Liberty Caucus within the Republican party as their focus on continuing the freedom movement. There's been a lot of debate here about the best way to continue: new 3rd party, change the Republican party from within, or Libertarian party. The most important thing is that we all stick together. If we're split among several different groups and agendas after the election we lose our power and effectiveness.

With Ron Paul himself as a past Chairman and current board member of the group, and running as a Republican for both Congress and President, the RLC seems to be the vehicle that the man himself sees as the best way to work toward our shared goals. Win or lose, after the election many RP supporters are going to tend to lose interest and drift in separate directions. I truly believe that our best hope to continue the cause is for everyone to remain registered Republican, become active in the RLC, and continue the fight for liberty!

More info on RLC here: http://rlc.org/?p=FAQ
    Last edited by Ack; 02-04-2008 at 06:02 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nullvalu View Post
    He also tries to take credit that he created the RLC. Question to the OP: what's your opinion on that?
    He was one of the people present at the founding, but he is no longer associated with RLC AT ALL.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    He was one of the people present at the founding, but he is no longer associated with RLC AT ALL.
    Works for me.

In fact a guy in our meetup is a member and wants to form a chapter in our County, so at least some of us are already aware of this..
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -Plato

i'm in

kill the banks
    "It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a person stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance." Robert Kennedy

http://scully13.wordpress.com/about men of dark intentions

Well the best thing is that the GOP recognizes the RLC as an official affiliated organization of the GOP...

Quote Originally Posted by skiingff View Post
    Well the best thing is that the GOP recognizes the RLC as an official affiliated organization of the GOP...
    We have at least some "legitimacy" in their eyes, but we are not beholden to them in any way. It's a great relationship for us we can use their resources but we don't really give them anything in return.

Thanks for posting this, but I had one question I am hoping you could clear up. I have seen several things online (including Wikipedia) which indicate that your group was started by the odious Eric Dondero. Is that true and is he still part of the group? I don't like what I know about him, not that it would preclude joining the group, but I just wanted to know the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Karenina View Post
    Thanks for posting this, but I had one question I am hoping you could clear up. I have seen several things online (including Wikipedia) which indicate that your group was started by the odious Eric Dondero. Is that true and is he still part of the group? I don't like what I know about him, not that it would preclude joining the group, but I just wanted to know the facts.
    Actually someone just asked this before you. He was present at the founding, but take any claims he makes with a grain of salt as they could be exaggerated.

He has NO association with us any more.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm in, this is exactly the type of established network I was hoping for to make the reform of the GOP a success.

MILTON FRIEDMAN: "We do not influence the course of events by persuading people that we are right when we make what they regard as radical proposals. Rather, we exert influence by keeping options available when something has to be done at a time of crisis."
    TACITUS: "Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges."
    TEAM AMERICA: "America, FUCK YEAH!"
    ENGINEERNJ: "You've got one 75-year-old man trying to keep 300 million people from going down the toilet."

Just Joined, hopefully the use the money I send them to endorse canidates running in 2008.

Bump. This is how we take over the GOP!
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
    —Samuel Adams

In. Ron Paul scores quite high on their Liberty Index. I will be sure to follow this as I'm a bit young to actually do anything now (I'm 15) but hopefully one day I will be more involved.
    ------------Johann von Goethe------------

“None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free”

------------------------------------------------

Great, where do I sign up!
    Cheers,
    mark...

Absolutely agree that this revolution movement must take over the Republican Party.
    ------------Johann von Goethe------------

“None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free”

------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelD View Post
    Just Joined, hopefully the use the money I send them to endorse canidates running in 2008.
    Right now we're working on Linda Goldthorpe who is running for Congress in MI. You can be sure more will follow!

Quote Originally Posted by voytechs View Post
    Great, where do I sign up!
    Shoot me an email and sign up for the national news letter at www.rlc.org

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why has it taken so long for people to mention this? This seems like an obvious vehicle to change the party from within.
    Help convert the Republican Party from within

|------------|------------------|---------------|-----------------|-You are here----|-----------|
    Tyranny --> Revolution --> Freedom --> Prosperity --> Dependency ---> Tyranny

There was a time when many of the candidates & officeholders RLC supported were only marginally more "pro-liberty" than the average Republican, and some were actually worse than average.

That may well have changed -- just be sure to take a good look at the candidates & officeholders they label as "pro-liberty"and the criteria they use to do so before you decide whether or not to get involved. Caveat emptor.

[Disclaimer: I have been actively involved in the Libertarian Party since 1979. Aside from Ron Paul's campaign, I have not been involved in the Republican Party.]

Is the newsletter electronic? We travel all the time and I don't want to generate more paper to be forwarded.
    Follow my blog at http://tirelessagorist.blogspot.com/
    Current commentary from a libertarian/voluntaryist/agorist perspective.

Consistent Candidate - with Chainspell

Ron Paul Landslide by Jake Kellen - Constitution Mix

The vision of the helpful and protective state is the most pervasive and counter-productive ideology in the world today.

Talking

OK, I take back all the pro 3rd party stuff I said. I will give this a try but I expect to see all the "stay the GOP course" people posting their receipts too:

Thank you for your Support!

"...we mutually pledge to each other
    our Lives, our Fortunes and our Sacred Honor."
    - The Declaration of Independence

Your dues payment has been processed. You should receive an email receipt shortly.
    You will automatically be added to the "Liberty Watch" eNews list, which focuses on local, state and national activism, as well as providing tools for membership events.
    Members can look forward to our plan to offer a 'Members Only' website section that will give you exclusive access to publicity materials, resources for local contacts, reference material to assist campaigns and how to get involved in local GOP affairs.
    Again, thanks for your help and welcome!

Bill Westmiller
    RLC National Chairman
    When I watch the news, it's like spying on my enemy

Quote Originally Posted by cswake View Post
    I'm in, this is exactly the type of established network I was hoping for to make the reform of the GOP a success.

QFT
    When I watch the news, it's like spying on my enemy

There are 3 Ron Paul Republicans running for U.S. House in Ohio.

John Mitchel
    Dave Ryon
    John Diamond

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast