Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Call Tenn Paper Night Editor NOW - Demand CORRECTION!

Exclamation Call Tenn Paper Night Editor NOW - Demand CORRECTION!

Call the Tennessean night editor RIGHT NOW and demand a correction to run in tomorrow's paper. We only have a couple of hours before their deadline.

The gentleman's name is Jerry Manly and he is in charge tonight at the Tennessean. He will tell you he doesn't have the authority to run a correction, however please demand that he get on the phone and obtain that authority. Remember to be polite and courteous as our actions represent Ron Paul.

615-259-8000 is the main number (go to the news department)

After you have spoken with him ask to be put through to John Gibson (extension 8025) who is the editor in charge of the editorial section. He will not be in his office until Monday but we can leave him voicemail.

IF WE DON'T ACT RIGHT NOW millions of Tennesseans may not ever get to read about Ron Paul. This is our last shot.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

"A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

they're not endorsing candidates, just excluding them.
    "Aggressive wars, income taxes, national IDs, domestic spying, torture regimes, secret prisons, Federal Reserve manipulation -- we don't have to take it any more." -- Ron Paul, Sept 27, 2007

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by slantedview View Post
    they're not endorsing candidates, just excluding them.
    Yeah - pretty sick isn't it?

Sent emails and have cancelled my subscription.

One Angry Tennessean. So much for being the "Volunteer" state coming to the aid of a Texan...
    "The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave."
    -- Patrick Henry (speech in the Virginia Convention, 23 March 1775)

Bump. DO IT! C'mon troops, time to rally!
    "Liberty is always freedom from the government" -Ludwig Von Mises

------------------------------------------------

www.jigsawindexing.com

http://aboardmadrigal.blogspot.com/

The demand HAS to be legal in nature. Court case.

Who's in charge of the TN meetups? Time to call lawyers.

A few more emails will help:

Chief legal counsel for the campaign is Joe Becker, jbecker@ronpaul2008.com
    Last edited by rexsolomon; 02-03-2008 at 09:37 PM.
    I am a Ron Paul freedom fighter and constitutionalist.

I can't believe this. We have an RP HQ on music row and 3 news channels and WPLN were there for the opening. WTF!!! We had a !#$!##$ airplane dragging a sign the size of a football field around Nashville!
    I talked to Manly and he said the "Issues" section only prints on Sunday. Will this be printed again tomorrow? How much did Mccain/Romney/Huckabee have to pay the Tennessee to do this?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "He's the one I trust a little bit more than most." A little bit more? What a dumb statement.

ba-BUMP
    "Liberty is always freedom from the government" -Ludwig Von Mises

------------------------------------------------

www.jigsawindexing.com

http://aboardmadrigal.blogspot.com/

I left John Gibson an earful. on his voicemail... told him that this was deplorable , willful, and abusive. I also reminded him about the millions who have lost their lives in defense of our liberties here in America.I also requested a correction immediately, and told him that the "media' had betrayed my trust, and no longer held any credibility .

I also emailed Marc Silverman at the Tennessean for the same reason earlier today.We need to hold their feet to the fire. They are a collective disgrace.

called and left a polite message for John Gibson.

Does anybody even read that rag? They did it on purpose, it was no mistake. Don't expect a correction.

The media are not, and never will be, our friends.

The sooner everyone understands that we are fighting an uphill battle the whole way, and that we will be excluded and ridiculed the entire time, the better. They are waging war against us, and they own the press.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by affa View Post

The sooner everyone understands that we are fighting an uphill battle the whole way, and that we will be excluded and ridiculed the entire time, the better. They are waging war against us, and they own the press.
    Don't hate the media, BECOME the media...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    View all the latest Ron Paul videos, including endorsements, media appearances, music videos, 2012 promos, campaign ads and more.
    I am the creator of RonPaulFLIX.com & RonPaulPOSTS.com, and the GOTV site RonPaulVolunteer.com, and co-creator of the Blue Republican movement
    Stop dreaming of what YOU can do - just do it

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    Does anybody even read that rag?
    I canceled my subscription looooooooong ago when I realized how pathetic they were.

Don't forget to donate to the Ron Paul Newspaper which will be distributed in Super Tuesday States.

http://www.ronpaulnewspaper.com/

call completed...

chip-in for Ron Paul Newspaper completed....

I'm sick and tired of this crap, what the hell is wrong with these 'americans' that work for the media???

From members of our local meetup:

"I called Jerry Manly and he was rather rude. He asked if I had been told what to say. He told me to call back tomorrow and he did not like it when I mentioned that would be after tomorrow's issue was already published. He must be feeling the heat since he was so rude."

and

"The operator would not put through my call to Jerry Manly, when she found out I was calling about Ron Paul. She did connect me to John Gibson's voice mail. I have sent an e-mail to Jerry Manly jmanly@tennessean.com and John Gibson jgibson@tennessean.com. I just wonder how many e-mails they typically get on one topic and how many they are getting on this."

Quote Originally Posted by affa View Post

I understand this, but it is trying to get the other 90-95% of Americans to understand this and it is very, very frustrating...these last few days it has been extremely horrible to see what the MSM are doing.

BUMP

Looks like we might have to lie to the operator to get to talk to him.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DDMX View Post
    Looks like we might have to lie to the operator to get to talk to him.
    If that's what it takes

bump.....for social engineering time!!!!

bump.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
    —Samuel Adams

I just called and left a polite but very concerned voice mail. I urge everyone to do the same.
    John Adams:

There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty.

Thomas Jefferson:

No man has a natural right to commit aggression on the equal rights of another, and this is all from which the laws ought to restrain him.

www.FarmFreshRawFoods.com Support our small business. We accept Gold & Silver!
    We also donate 5% of our annual profits to a local charity not named Uncle Sam.

Is it possible to contact other news sources in the area and give them a heads up on the developing story in the event that they don't run the ad. Local news might be willing to run a story about the paper excluding Ron Paul from the paper at least.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast