Thread: Is Idaho a closed state or no?

Is Idaho a closed state or no?

I have read some really conflicting reports from many different sources and can't seem to find out whether on has to register as a Republican or not. Does any one know for certain?
    "The New American Patriot will be neither left nor right, just a freeman fighting for liberty ...There will be no meaningful differences between those who want freedom. But rather, just "Americans" who want to be free and are fighting the Police State to gain that freedom. Wake up and smell the tear gas, freedom is calling its sons and daughters."
    - Louis Beam

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Same here. I would really like to vote for Ron Paul without registering as a (gag) Republican but so far I can't find anything saying yes or no.

Quote Originally Posted by nike View Post
    Same here. I would really like to vote for Ron Paul without registering as a (gag) Republican but so far I can't find anything saying yes or no.
    You are going to have to. I am registered Independent.

I am going to reregister here sometime next week if RP doesn't drop out.

Idaho is NOT a closed primary state. There are people pushing to make it so, but currently you just show up for whichever party you want to vote in that year. There is no way to register your party with the state.

Quote Originally Posted by pilby View Post
    Idaho is NOT a closed primary state. There are people pushing to make it so, but currently you just show up for whichever party you want to vote in that year. There is no way to register your party with the state.
    The Idaho Statesman also had an article today that the GOP lawsuit against the state has been stalled. The Republicans have been trying to close the primary since January but the state hasn't cooperated with them. If you go to the Republican website they state you must register.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/531/story/379438.html