Thread: MTV sound problems

MTV sound problems

I watch the debate on my friends tv when Ron Paul's audio started to become noisy and faint, we couldn't hear anything for most of one question. We all thought it was no surprise.
    When I got home and watch it again on my set I hear one speaker do what I heard before and my friends house.
    So I wonder how many tv sets cut out when Paul was speaking about foreign policy. One time he brought up the UN and it cut out, and at the end there was a delay and Paul repeated a second.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Gee, during the Fox News debate it appeared that his earpiece went out and he couldn't hear the other candidates answers. Now, his mic goes out on MTV and people couldn't hear his answers to questions. Seems like audio problems follow him around.

Quote Originally Posted by Staupostek View Post
    Gee, during the Fox News debate it appeared that his earpiece went out and he couldn't hear the other candidates answers. Now, his mic goes out on MTV and people couldn't hear his answers to questions. Seems like audio problems follow him around.
    And don't forget the cell phone feed that was lost when Greta asked him the question on Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by Drknows View Post
    not really
    loyal to liberty

It was the same with the online feed - what will they think of next?

"Vengeance is Mine, I will repay" comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    It was the same with the online feed - what will they think of next?

"Vengeance is Mine, I will repay" comes to mind.
    These evil people are truly engaging in full out warfare against doctor paul's message.
    Maxed out to ALL of Ron Paul's campaigns.

Listen to Liberty Tree Radio! ::

Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

http://www.themicroeffect.com (8A - 11A EST daily)

http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47 (3 PM- 9 PM EST daily)

Organize, Arm, Equip, and Train as a Militia !

Yah most other candidates hardly ever have bad transmissions but Paul seems to get them all the time.
    Checkout Ron Paul's legislation, write your representatives and spread the word!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legisla...ed_by_Ron_Paul

Lord of the Rings and Liberty: http://www.lewrockwell.com/carson/carson10.html

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pacelli View Post
    These evil people are truly engaging in full out warfare against doctor paul's message.
    Well, maybe they're not the only ones with a plan of action.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbleboy View Post
    I watch the debate on my friends tv when Ron Paul's audio started to become noisy and faint, we couldn't hear anything for most of one question. We all thought it was no surprise.
    When I got home and watch it again on my set I hear one speaker do what I heard before and my friends house.
    So I wonder how many tv sets cut out when Paul was speaking about foreign policy. One time he brought up the UN and it cut out, and at the end there was a delay and Paul repeated a second.

I could actually hear that first question pretty darn well on the live internet feed from Mtv but the YouTube is bad...at least the first question is.

K

I'm not surprised in the least.

Aside from the last debate at the Reagan Library; he's had audio 'issues' everywhere.

It's become clear to most that this election isn't about Ron Paul Vs McCain/Romney/Huck.

It's about Ron Paul Vs The World.
    Last edited by DFF; 02-03-2008 at 12:38 AM.

Their audio feed was fubar. Almost all of the right channel data is missing and is been replaced with what sounds like a poor atempt at a noise filter cuasing that robotic sound.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyRevolution View Post
    Their audio feed was fubar. Almost all of the right channel data is missing and is been replaced with what sounds like a poor atempt at a noise filter cuasing that robotic sound.
    Exactly, I even heard a little bit with Hillary but not as bad. I did tape the whole thing and did not lose any sound, but did get a little distorted. I've been wondering if it is someone in the production room or is someone hacking into the system.

They're called the Central Intelligence Agency -- or CIA for short.

Quote Originally Posted by pacelli View Post
    I am a professional audio engineer. I have run sound for Dr. Paul, the Governor of Florida, Charlie Daniels Band, Papa Roach, the TN Titans Head Coach, Tom Joyner, and many others.

I can assure everyone here that this was NOT intentional. In highly complex broadcast situations like this mistakes are not uncommon neither is equipment failure. It happens.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyRevolution View Post
    My guess is that it was some sort of phase problem which added harmonics. This could've been caused by some sort of cross-talk internally either in a cable or some faulty equipment.

Without knowing their setup and the signal chain I wouldn't be able to tell for sure.

I am a professional audio engineer.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.