Thread: I wish RP would have mentioned his stance on the war on drugs.

I wish RP would have mentioned his stance on the war on drugs.

I know he mentioned hemp, which I am sure that got a good amount of attention from the young people but I wish that he would have said something about ending the war on drugs.

I was hoping for something like this:

"We need to end this war on drugs. The government should not be able to tell you what drugs you can or cannot use. If you make a mistake you have to pay the consequences but the government should never be able to stop anyone from using a drug if they feel it fits their lifestyle."
    Last edited by dreamcast65; 02-02-2008 at 06:13 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

of course, everyone does, it just goes without saying.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Calling Ron Paul an isolationist is like calling your neighbor a hermit, because he doesn't come over your property and break your windows. - Dave Hebel
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://freedom4um.com/

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcast65 View Post
    I know he mentioned hemp, which I am sure that got a good amount of attention from the young people but I wish that he would have said something about ending the war on drugs.

I was hoping for something like this:

"We need to end this war on drugs. The government should not be able to tell you what drugs you can or cannot use. If you make a mistake you have to pay the consequences but the government should never be able to stop anyone from using a drug if they feel it fits their lifestyle."
    I agree, it would have been a good move!
    Whether you tell yourself you can or whether you tell yourself you can't... you are always right!

Quote Originally Posted by JimInNY View Post
    of course, everyone does, it just goes without saying.
    It really opens up young peoples eyes especially.

Absolutely. That is one of the main reasons I am so committed to this Revolution. Ending the war on drugs is more than just revitalizing the idea of freedom and liberty. It is about reuniting families!!!

Think about how many children grow up without fathers. Think of all the brothers and sisters, aunts and uncles who are sitting in jails, at the tax payer's expense, when they should be helping our nation, and our young people.

People who smoke pot and use other drugs are valuable. They are Americans and they deserve respect. I love them. Some have problems with their substance use. Some do not. But all of them are family members, friends, and loved ones for many of us. We absolutely MUST care about them and their freedom.

Liberty for all.
    Precinct 12 For Victory !!!
    *** Over 500 Served ***

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He mentioned hemp, which to people who use marijuana, they will know INSTANTLY what he is talking about. Many young people are still against drugs so I think he actually brought up the topic very shrewdly.

Mentioning hemp is the way to go.
    youtube.com/theantirobot

Last edited by FreedomAndLaw; 03-07-2008 at 10:11 PM.

Everyone knows what hemp is only a dumb ass wouldn't .... But technically hemp is a family of marijuana just with a very low amount of THZ

i'm glad he didn't go out of his way to mention ending the war on drugs. if it comes up naturally so be it, but to force it would reek of pandering and that isn't ron paul.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.

I'm really glad that he did not mention his stance on the war on drugs, as it would have come off as pandering and fake. None of the questions asked of him were related to it, so Paul did the classy thing by not directly referencing it.

I don't think it could have hurt if he had a chance to bring it up, but as amonasro said:

Quote Originally Posted by amonasro View Post
    He mentioned hemp, which to people who use marijuana, they will know INSTANTLY what he is talking about. Many young people are still against drugs so I think he actually brought up the topic very shrewdly.
    I also agree with homah:

Quote Originally Posted by homah
    i'm glad he didn't go out of his way to mention ending the war on drugs. if it comes up naturally so be it, but to force it would reek of pandering and that isn't ron paul.

Quote Originally Posted by jkm1864 View Post
    Everyone knows what hemp is only a dumb ass wouldn't .... But technically hemp is a family of marijuana just with a very low amount of THZ
    You mean THC? tetrahydrocannabinol

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by homah View Post

I agree.

RP did great!!

RP did great in this debate format. But, it doesn't matter however good he is today, the media going to just ignore him. They just going to pretend he was not there in the debate. They just going to talk about "Obama, change Hillary Change"..

Wish these kids go back and read the transcripts of this debate and THINK!!!

Ron Paul was awesome. He was passionate, answered questions and was straight forward. I felt a connection and only wish that everyone else could open their eyes and ears to see this as well.

The statement about hemp was awesome. Anyone who does anything associated with cannabis KNOWS what he was talking about and it will get their attention to maybe look him up.

All in all he did awesome!