Thread: *****Paul Second Behind Romney - TIME TO PRAY*****

*****Paul Second Behind Romney - TIME TO PRAY*****

Please guys... let's all spend five minutes of our lives with our hands up in the air praying... the precincts are 12% reporting and we have a chance... Pray for this country and your children, and the future to come... for all that is good in this world...

Update: Prayer is working! Ron Paul will maine - in the general election!!! WOOOPEEEE!!!! Man... I'm going nuts. I know I'll be saying blasphemy, but: I'm losing hope in the last hope for america. Nonetheless, I will continue to do work for Dr. Paul.
    Last edited by faisal; 02-02-2008 at 08:06 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    straw polls results = trash.. stop posting plz

Quote Originally Posted by faisal View Post
    Please guys... let's all spend five minutes of our lives with our hands up in the air praying... the precincts are 12% reporting and we have a chance... Pray for this country and your children, and the future to come... for all that is good in this world...
    Second where? What are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    straw polls results = trash.. stop posting plz
    '

Straw pole results = what the media will report.

What the media reports = votes. Where have you been this election?

where is this coming from? Link to the results?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by coastie View Post
    '

Straw pole results = what the media will report.

What the media reports = votes. Where have you been this election?
    Unless of course RP wins the straw poll. Then they "have been spammed", and not worth their own prediction power.
    Were not to late. This is a moment of clarity. If Government has proven itself to be corrupt from the most representative of democracies to the most tyrannical dictators....the answer to our problems is not changing government...it is ridding ourselves of it

Sounds like we can forget our headlines heading into Super Tuesday.

calm down, our gap with mccain just narrowed by 5 votes from 100 to 95. it aint over yet

if you notice Ron Paul always starts out 1st or 2nd in early votes then drops down to 3rd 4th then 5th.

Pray if you like to pray. I'll take anything positive and be glad for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn View Post
    No, it just means God doesn't sit around with his checkbook and write prayers
    Exactly. I wasn't endorsing or dismissing prayer on the whole. I was just expressing the idea that some things are very silly to pray for, at least if you believe in free will.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I have moved this thread to protect the spirit of the thing.

MsD
    Why can't everybody else leave everybody else alone?

Ok, Im confused, came in late I guess.

Is this another useless straw poll? Or is this the primary/caucus for Maine? Whats going on?

Looks to be a winner take all kind of thing. If thats the case, it doesnt matter who is second, you get the same delegates as the person that comes in third and fourth. In a case like that, second place is nothing more then the first loser.

So is this just a straw poll? Or does is actually mean something...?

Edit: NVM did a quick google, its nothing more then another useless "preference poll"

Some of you are really starting to worry me.
    Last edited by Feelgood; 02-02-2008 at 09:00 PM.
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Feelgood View Post
    Ok, Im confused, came in late I guess.

Is this another useless straw poll? Or is this the primary/caucus for Maine? Whats going on?

Looks to be a winner take all kind of thing. If thats the case, it doesnt matter who is second, you get the same delegates as the person that comes in third and fourth. In a case like that, second place is nothing more then the first loser.

So is this just a straw poll? Or does is actually mean something...?

Edit: NVM did a quick google, its nothing more then another useless "preference poll"

Some of you are really starting to worry me.
    I think this is Maine's caucus where their delegates are assigned - not meaningless AT ALL.
    Why can't everybody else leave everybody else alone?

Ok, but is it a winner take all? And if so, it doesnt matter where we come in, if we are not first. Just like it was in Florida. Seems a little confusing...
    Freedom Report

Twitter Page

"I am convinced that there are more threats to American liberty within the 10 mile radius of my office on Capitol Hill than there are on the rest of the globe." -- Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Feelgood View Post
    Ok, but is it a winner take all? And if so, it doesnt matter where we come in, if we are not first. Just like it was in Florida. Seems a little confusing...
    BTW - I need to update - http://PaulPrayer.com

--------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=110166

From the DailyPaul Site: http://www.dailypaul.com/node/33047

OK, so I decided to post this as a new thread because I am very frustrated at all the HATE that some of you guys are throwing at the RP campaign regarding the Maine Caucus results.

You all expected a big win and when you look at the results on yahoo or cnn you think HQ really screwed it up but you are wrong.

The MSM is reporting the results of a NON-BINDING straw poll and they are using those results to GUESS at the number of delegates that each candidate will get. What you need to know is that TWO things happen at the Maine Caucus.

1) A straw poll is taken. All the Republicans in town get together and cast a ballot. This is what the media reports.

2) Delegates are elected to the State Convention held in May.

Yahoo and CNN are only GUESSING on the number of delegates to the State Convention in May for each candidate.

They are taking the straw poll results and ASSUMING that the delegates to the state convention will reflect this breakdown.

HOWEVER, the delegates are not bound by the straw poll results. You may have a case where Town X voted 90% for Romney but all of the delegates from Town X are RP supporters.

I know for a fact that in one town RP got 40% of the straw poll vote but 85% of the delegates.

PLEASE DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED BY THE FAKE DELEGATE COUNT THAT THE MSM PUBLISHES.

There is no way for the MSM to know the # of delegates supporting each candidate because delegates do not state their preference until the State Convention in May.

PLEASE DO NOT GET ANGRY AT THE RP CAMPAIGN STAFF.

They did a great job in Maine because they understand how the Maine system works.

Just wanted to add a little Post Script here...

Thank you to all the RP supporters from around the States who sent good wishes to us here in Maine. There are still some towns that caucus tomorrow and I hope for the best there. We were very lucky to have Dr. Paul come and visit us last week and get us fired up before the caucus. HQ did a great job. I got phone calls leading up to the caucus to encourage me to show up. Also received a nice mailer a couple days before the caucus. The State Coordinator in Maine, Ken Lindell, showed up at the caucus and gave a fantastic speech (best by far on behalf of any candidate). The precinct leaders handed out a nice piece of literature that contrasted Dr. Paul's record with that of the other candidates. I think everyone did an excellent job. I would like to ask that anyone who still has a primary or caucus coming up, PLEASE just try to get one or two people to come with you! If everyone does this it will double or triple the vote total for RP. Also, become a delegate to your state convention (especially in states like Maine and Colorado). That is how we will win the nomination.
    Last edited by Mark; 02-03-2008 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    BTW - I need to update - http://PaulPrayer.com

--------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=110166

From the DailyPaul Site: http://www.dailypaul.com/node/33047

OK, so I decided to post this as a new thread because I am very frustrated at all the HATE that some of you guys are throwing at the RP campaign regarding the Maine Caucus results.

You all expected a big win and when you look at the results on yahoo or cnn you think HQ really screwed it up but you are wrong.

The MSM is reporting the results of a NON-BINDING straw poll and they are using those results to GUESS at the number of delegates that each candidate will get. What you need to know is that TWO things happen at the Maine Caucus.

1) A straw poll is taken. All the Republicans in town get together and cast a ballot. This is what the media reports.

2) Delegates are elected to the State Convention held in May.

Yahoo and CNN are only GUESSING on the number of delegates to the State Convention in May for each candidate.

They are taking the straw poll results and ASSUMING that the delegates to the state convention will reflect this breakdown.

HOWEVER, the delegates are not bound by the straw poll results. You may have a case where Town X voted 90% for Romney but all of the delegates from Town X are RP supporters.

I know for a fact that in one town RP got 40% of the straw poll vote but 85% of the delegates.

PLEASE DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED BY THE FAKE DELEGATE COUNT THAT THE MSM PUBLISHES.

There is no way for the MSM to know the # of delegates supporting each candidate because delegates do not state their preference until the State Convention in May.

PLEASE DO NOT GET ANGRY AT THE RP CAMPAIGN STAFF.

They did a great job in Maine because they understand how the Maine system works.

Just wanted to add a little Post Script here...

Thank you to all the RP supporters from around the States who sent good wishes to us here in Maine. There are still some towns that caucus tomorrow and I hope for the best there. We were very lucky to have Dr. Paul come and visit us last week and get us fired up before the caucus. HQ did a great job. I got phone calls leading up to the caucus to encourage me to show up. Also received a nice mailer a couple days before the caucus. The State Coordinator in Maine, Ken Lindell, showed up at the caucus and gave a fantastic speech (best by far on behalf of any candidate). The precinct leaders handed out a nice piece of literature that contrasted Dr. Paul's record with that of the other candidates. I think everyone did an excellent job. I would like to ask that anyone who still has a primary or caucus coming up, PLEASE just try to get one or two people to come with you! If everyone does this it will double or triple the vote total for RP. Also, become a delegate to your state convention (especially in states like Maine and Colorado). That is how we will win the nomination.
    See? Prayer works!

Thank you, Maine!!!!

Well done!!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.