Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Email to Jesse Benton:

Email to Jesse Benton:

Hi Jesse.

My name is Petar Ivcec, and though I have sent you some obscure phone calls in the past, I now just ask that you please read the following message carefully. I am finally able to communicate this important message clearly, and give you a reasonable request for exactly what you can do to help as well.

I briefly met you at the Eastern UofM rally a few months ago. I quickly presented you with my project, and you told me not to give up, and gave me your business card. Thank you for saying that, that was very nice of you. Though I encountered some major setbacks, I did not give up, and now, 4 months later, I finally have something that I can launch which is capable of changing this race for all of us completely.

This site is capable of transforming the entire online Ron Paul army into a massive, synchronized, printed press consuming swarm, and all that people have to do is follow the 4 simple steps presented within it.

Before I give you the details on how my site works exactly, please allow me to present you with my dilemma:

My site is a completely new kind of website design, so therefore it faces a "chicken-egg" scenario. People wont use it until they see that other people are using it, then it will be able to catch on. Breaking through this threshold requires a certain push that is very difficult for me to provide on my own. I realize that you are not able to have a bulletin posted on the RonPaul2008 website, but what you can do is ask www.ronpaulforums.com to post my banner on the front page of their site, along with the other important Ron Paul grassroots support initiatives.

The reason that I have to ask for you to help me with this, is that for some reason they have been ignoring me. It may be the "chicken-egg" scenario that I mentioned earlier, and it may be the fact that the site looks visually poor. This is also a "chicken-egg" scenario, because as soon as I get some more support with this site, then I will be able to improve the whole presentation drastically.

Here is how the site will work:

By following the 4 simple steps presented within the site, the following is accomplished: Users are prompted to write their local newspapers editors with letters of support for Ron Paul. Once their messages appear in print, then they are prompted to post the articles on my site, along with the email addresses of the newspapers. Then, anyone else who comes to my site can see these articles as well as the newspapers email address, so they are prompted to write these newspapers and concur with these articles. Once those messages appear in print, then the original user can update their post to include those articles as well. Furthermore, if anyone is published disagreeing with any of these messages, then this user is also prompted to add that to the post as well, and then everyone who sees this post will also be prompted to write this same newspaper and directly argue against naysayers.

The site provides a map of the US that will track all of this activity numerically, state by state, and nationally, so that we can all watch the numbers grow like a massive money bomb that we create on our own just by writing emails and posting articles.

Furthermore, as soon as I get some more support, I will be able to easily modify my website to include a new idea should easily make the website at least twice as effective as a whole.

I'll make it so users will be encouraged to post any type of article at all that they feel that the grassroots can respond to in some way. Whether it is an article praising Paul, an article bashing Paul, or an article praising Obama or trumpeting the Fed. Then we will treat these articles in the same fashion.

I believe that using this system we will be able to absolutely inundate Americas newspapers with our message. We should be able to take over most small towns first since it is profoundly easier to have a letter to the editor printed in a smaller paper. We have the troops, we just need the organization, and that is exactly what I will provide.

Please help me achieve the bit of support that I will need in order to get this initiative off the ground.

Petar

www.letters4liberty.org

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Looks pretty cool, but there has to be more than one U of M!
    My review of the For Liberty documentary:
    digg.com/d315eji
    (please Digg and post comments on the HuffPost site)

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Nicholas Sanchez on Bush's legacy, September 30, 2007.

You seem quite young based on your diction, interaction with people/tone, and the quality of your site, so please take this as constructive.

1. You are WAY too long winded. That letter could've been 1/10th the length and gotten your message across more effectively.

2. How many letters have you written to editors to show how your site is meant to function? I clicked on CA and it was empty.

3. Your site doesn't work. Back isn't working and the formatting is screwy. And the black+neon is horrible on the eyes.

4. If your site is truly "a great idea", the market (us) will end up using it. If it's too ugly, too slow, too confusing, or whatever, it will not be used.

I think all your energy could be better off doing something else, from what I've seen of the site so far. What you've basically come up with is....wait for it....digg/slashdot/etc.

Good luck man.

PS, it works fine for most, I'll improve the look/functionality when I get more support to help me do so.
    Last edited by Petar; 02-02-2008 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley in DC View Post
    Thanks, Eastern UofM Rally in Anne Arbor Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley in DC View Post
    nope.

go blue!

Looks good, and great idea. Thing about people on this website is we are waiting for things that we can participate in NOW. Finish your site and post it on here and you will likely get a better reception.

bro, i realize you have worked pretty hard on this thing, but other people are saying the same thing i've been saying to you. you're just not open to hearing it.

success will come with your ability to accept constructive criticism.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcreps85 View Post
    Looks good, and great idea. Thing about people on this website is we are waiting for things that we can participate in NOW. Finish your site and post it on here and you will likely get a better reception.
    The site is launched. Join now and begin participating immediately please.
    Last edited by Petar; 02-02-2008 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dblee View Post
    bro, i realize you have worked pretty hard on this thing, but other people are saying the same thing i've been saying to you. you're just not open to hearing it.

success will come with your ability to accept constructive criticism.

Did you tell me to get a FAQ up? Maybe I will when I can. Why don't you join and start using it now anyway? That will help get it going. Thanks.

I don't think the e-mailing will pick up. This is the era of the blog.

The only thing that is standing between us and certain victory is the fact that we are ignored by the main stream media. Ron Paul is already the president of the internet, so if it really was the era of blog, we'd have won already. Please join my site and begin following the four simple steps provided so that we can take our internet power and use it to completely take over a portion of the main stream media. (the American printed press) the more people who start using it, the more it will be shown to work, hence the more it will catch on until the grassroots embraces it completely. Please help, thank you.

I'll join up and check it out Petar...thanks for all your hard work on this....dk

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Klaus View Post
    I'll join up and check it out Petar...thanks for all your hard work on this....dk
    Thanks a lot. I just found a good programmer who wants to help, so I should be able to bring some more improvements very soon.

Also, I'm gonna start posting regular articles printed in papers in my area that I think that the grassroots should be able to respond to in some way that raises support for Dr. Paul.
    Last edited by Petar; 02-02-2008 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by social engineer View Post
    [edit for quote]
    What's up with this attitude?
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 02-03-2008 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulitical Correctness View Post
    Please stay out of it. I obviously didn't appreciate some things he'd said to me, don't make me have to argue with you now too. I'm really busy trying to get this website off the ground. Please join and check out how it works. It really is capable of doing everything that it claims. Thanks.
    Donald Trump > SJW ass-tears

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The site is launched. Join now and begin participating immediately please.
    Maybe it is, but it lacks the minimum usability features.
    Javascript is blocked. ICEfaces cannot run.
    This stuff pops up either at the very beginning or some time later, after the map almost loads. Pretty annoying. Fix it, please.
    Yes, I know I can enable js, but I'd rather ask, why you don't make something I can read with any software that reads html? That's why we have web standards after all... Good luck.
    W Szczebrzeszynie chrząszcz brzmi w trzcinie

Quote Originally Posted by szczebrzeszyn View Post
    Maybe it is, but it lacks the minimum usability features.

This stuff pops up either at the very beginning or some time later, after the map almost loads. Pretty annoying. Fix it, please.
    Yes, I know I can enable js, but I'd rather ask, why you don't make something I can read with any software that reads html? That's why we have web standards after all... Good luck.
    Here's the deal. Right now the site works fine for most people most of the time. I can't wait any longer to launch, so that's why not everything is perfect yet. I'm not a computer programmer, I'm just a guy who had a really good idea for a website, so I worked really hard for a really long time with limited resources to make it happen as soon as I could.

I had to rely on a volunteer to build half of it, and then I had to hire an offshore programmer to finish it. It's a wonder that I even got it done. Now I need to get some people using it to get some ad revenue in and some more support so that I can perfect everything for everyone as soon as possible.

I'll make something that you can read with any software that can read html as soon as I can, but in the meantime I ask that you help me so that I can help you.

Enable JS, check out the website, see how it works, then judge if its as good of an idea as I say it is or not.

Maybe you can even help me so that I can have something that works perfectly for everyone as soon as possible?

Thanks.

Petar
    Last edited by Petar; 02-02-2008 at 09:40 AM.

Cool This reminds me of grabbing a dog by the ears...

I agree with you, this young man has got one, and not a good one.

Also, I didn't care for the site either, not user friendly, but he doesn't seem too friendly either and fruit doesn't fall far from the tree.

Site doesn't work. Keeps saying "User session expired".

Please stay out of it. I obviously didn't appreciate some things he'd said to me, don't make me have to argue with you now too. I'm really busy trying to get this website off the ground. Please join and check out how it works. It really is capable of doing everything that it claims. Thanks.
    Stay out of it? I made an observation, and as the owner of said site, you are a representative. You're not selling your product, you're alienating people with your horrible attitude.

Don't make you argue with me too? Your decision to argue is your choice, and your choice alone. Nobody's making you keep that chip on your shoulder.

Learn to accept criticism constructively and you and your ideas will go much, much further.

[edit/forum guidelines]
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 02-03-2008 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Insulting forum members is not allowed

Maybe you can even help me so that I can have something that works perfectly for everyone as soon as possible?
    Hah, my extension finally blocked your redirect hehe.. But it's some bandwidth issue with me I guess, that sometimes it does not act on time (I HATE META REFRESH - THE WORST WEB $#@! EVER)

My first adivce is quite simple - improve your usability by simply removing this:
    <noscript><meta content="0;url=/emailblast/xmlhttp/javascript-blocked" http-equiv="refresh"></meta></noscript>
    And instead write some nice message for your users (for example above the map), that X, Y and Z are required to be enabled, so the site would work properly. It would be MUCH better than redirecting users to some meaningless site...
    Just show them what you've got there and eventually ask to enable features. Not much work, but much better effect.

cheers
    W Szczebrzeszynie chrząszcz brzmi w trzcinie

This sounds like a good idea. THANK YOU for taking the initiative.

One of our Jacksonville, FL Meetup Group members got his Letter to the Editor printed in the Florida Times Union the day after the Florida Primary.

Link to Letter:
    http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-onlin...41733833.shtml

I created an account in Letter4Liberty.org - but wasn't sure how to get his letter added under Florida.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world.
    Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has...

John Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    nope.

go blue!
    WOLVERIIIIINES! (heh hee "Red Dawn")

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My guess is that he has put his heart and soul into this project in order to help advance the message and rather than receiving support for his efforts, he has received condesending criticism. I would be a bit peeved too.

Quote Originally Posted by amakris View Post
    Site doesn't work. Keeps saying "User session expired".

Are you using Safari? Site doesn't work with safari yet. Try Firefox please. If that doesn't work for you I apologize. Will do everything I can to get it working for everyone ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by JS4Pat View Post
    This sounds like a good idea. THANK YOU for taking the initiative.

One of our Jacksonville, FL Meetup Group members got his Letter to the Editor printed in the Florida Times Union the day after the Florida Primary.

Link to Letter:
    http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-onlin...41733833.shtml

I created an account in Letter4Liberty.org - but wasn't sure how to get his letter added under Florida.
    The way it will work is that anyone living close to the paper can join my site and register under that location, so then when they post the article on my site and monitor the local paper for responses, then everything will appear under Florida at my site.

Thank you

Petar

I like the concept and I saw a mock-up you did of the UI before. I can't get the site to load right now though (might be my connection).

As for me, I've written eight letters to the editor locally and had them sent off by various people willing to sign their names.

As for you and your abrasive quips, please try to take advice and criticism equally with poise and humility. There is a great deal of wisdom to be had from listening to people. I hope you don't interact with non Ron Paul supporters the same way you interact with members of this forum. Always look for allies, not enemies.

Here's hoping you don't go on the defensive against me, also.

I appreciate your time and energy on this, and I hope it takes off.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenophage View Post
    I like the concept and I saw a mock-up you did of the UI before. I can't get the site to load right now though (might be my connection).

As for me, I've written eight letters to the editor locally and had them sent off by various people willing to sign their names.

As for you and your abrasive quips, please try to take advice and criticism equally with poise and humility. There is a great deal of wisdom to be had from listening to people. I hope you don't interact with non Ron Paul supporters the same way you interact with members of this forum. Always look for allies, not enemies.

Here's hoping you don't go on the defensive against me, also.

I appreciate your time and energy on this, and I hope it takes off.
    Well, if I'm rude to someone its not because I feel that I'm getting constructive criticism, it's because I feel that I'm getting treated in a rude ignorant way.

Am I right? Am I wrong?

I certainly don't wanna argue about it with you. I'd much rather just humble myself towards you completely so that we can work together and get some of those letters posted on my site somehow ASAP, and get this train rolling!

In short, Anything you say sir!

Expect to hear from me very shortly.

Thanks.

Petar
    Last edited by Petar; 02-02-2008 at 10:24 AM.

Cool Fecal personality?

Please spam your fecal personality elsewhere.

Also:

The site is about as user friendly as can be considering the operation involved. You probably don't even understand how it works.
    How about your $#@!ty attitude. Oops, I mean fecal one.

Ignorance is bliss.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast