Thread: Take a page from McCain's book.

Take a page from McCain's book.

First off, let me say I am so suprised that McCain is an actual frontrunner but after scratching my head in disbelief I noticed why McCain might resenate with many people, especially people unsure of who to vote for.

During the debates I have seen that he basically defines himself before saying anything. If he is asked a question that might encompass porkbelly spending, he hits it home by stating that he will take out his veto pen against any porkbelly spending. Basically repeating this statement when it is applicable and people seem to hear it so much that they will believe it even in the face of contrary evidence. People seem to perceive him as honest because he will reference "straight talk" before he needs to talk about some issue that is controversial, which I imagine gives people a warm fuzzy feeling.

At the CNN debate, he was able to apply the same technique to Romney, with the buzzword is timetables tatic. It seems immature and dumb to me but I really think it works and touches a nerve with the general public. I've watched every debate so I know how often the guys repeat there phrases but I would imagine most people aren't like myself and probably watch 1 or 2 debates at most. The ability to paint yourself as you please is a great way to get who you are across to people. I hope Ron Paul isn't afraid of repeating himself and maybe he can used a line like "I'm the only canidate who has never voted for a tax increase" everytime a question even closely applicable is asked.

Let me know what you guys think. I understand we on these boards think deeply about the canidates but my point is most people don't. This would really explain how McCain could be in the lead right now.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I believe that people are choosing McCain...not for him, but rather what they perceive as having the lack of a better choice. That and the MSM wrapped it's slimy arms around him in a tight embrace. McCain has been bought and paid for.

Sure, Ron could use "catchier" phrases, but he has been repeating himself from day one and this is not why he hasn't caught fire. There are strong forces working to keep Paul and his message repressed, but the dam is cracking...hopefully in time to save America.
    I support Ron Paul because he is worthy of support.

McCain is 'popular' because he schmoozes with the media.

It doesn't have anything to do with the message. He mugs for the camera constantly, and loves every minute of it.
    RON PAUL
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

(copy and paste this text for your own R[ƎVO˩]UTION!)

Where did his comeback come from though? The media had declared him essentially dead.

Quote Originally Posted by NJNSB View Post
    he has been repeating himself from day one and this is not why he hasn't caught fire. There are strong forces working to keep Paul and his message repressed, but the dam is cracking...hopefully in time to save America.

True but his phrases are not fortified/'pushed' by the media so people aren't beatin' over the head with them, hence they don't have such a great impact in the general public.

Quote Originally Posted by RSLudlum View Post
    True but his phrases are not fortified/'pushed' by the media so people aren't beatin' over the head with them, hence they don't have such a great impact in the general public.
    Exactly. He repeats himself in the sense that he remain steadfast in his position but not in word for word phrases like McCain. I truly believe you have to beat the general public over the head with it for any chance of it sinking into their memory.

Whether its immigration, spending, Reagan, or Iraq, McCain always repeats his stance in these short phrases.

"It's not American presence, it's American casualities"
    "Timestables"
    "as a footsoldier in the Reagan revolution"
    "Take out my pen and veto any pork barrel spending"
    "I've learned that we must first secure the borders"