Wow, looks like the traffic in here has quadrupled. So to dispel some of the rumors and panic threads that have been popping up, let me throw out a few things...

Mainers are an odd sort (lets face it we're surrounded by canada and new hampshire. We go our own way and don't really listen to outside opinion (ie the other 49 states and the national media)

Little old Portland with its whopping 68,000 residents is considered "the big city" for most Mainers (it is the 2nd largest city in Northern New England) while Boston is so far south that it may as well be considered Atlanta.

The Caucuses are a bit of a convoluted process, but for Maine they work. We're not really worried about the pf/pl slates or the churchers because thats not the most important issues to Mainers (its the economy, tourism is our number one industry after all, followed by taxes, we have a high tax burden here).

The official results from the "straw poll" will be announced on Saturday night by the Cumberland County GOP, however, individual updates will come in to this site from 1st hand accounts (i'll be posting a few results later, and I'll have a report from the biggest caucus of all, Portland where I plan to be a delegate). And remember, the straw poll ISN'T the most important thing...its the # of delegates each town sends to the State Convention in Augusta!

Misinformation might be playing a role in other states, but we haven't seen it here. But if you have a question about something call one of the State offices...

Portland (Maine HQ) -- 699-2909
L/A -- 376-7420
Bangor -- 740-4166

And most importantly, have faith! We're working the phones here at Maine HQ! We're turning out our supporters making sure they know what they need to do when they get to their caucus location (ie BECOME DELEGATES).

Post your questions here and I'll try to answer them about Maine, the caucus process, or anything else on your mind related to the Pine Tree State.